#21 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 March 2015 - 20:15

Erika, did you reach the kiss scene yet? I'm eagerly waiting for your "final* judgement" of Anna after your initial reaction to that scene from the trailer.   :D

*final for Book 2 of course.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#22 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 20:43

Oh, I finally finished. Don't worry. I'm prepping an emotion/thoughts dump for the Book in another thread in which I will speak to that as well. But I need to get a little food in me and let a few things finish sinking in. 

I will say that my reaction to that scene was about what you would expect. It was too out of the blue, too sudden...I just...couldn't. I hit "step back" before I even listened to Kian's options. Then felt bad, so I reloaded my save, did the whole thing with the mole and Anna's whole conversation again, listened to Kian's monologues, and ended up doing the same damn thing again. 

...I *do* like her character. A lot. Like really really really think she's fun and I appreciate her and what she's bring to the story. I'm really excited to see where it goes. But I just can't see Kian smooching her without something more going on there. And I wasn't willing to kiss her to see if that answered any questions. Second playthrough, probably. 

I'm very much sitting on the fence trying to figure out if I think she's the most trustworthy person in Mercuria or if she's Major Bad News.

• khh and DollyDagger like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#23 Tamahome

Tamahome

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 20:54

I wouldn't say the choice is much about Kian kissing Anna. He doesn't actually do anything. The choice is between an action and an inaction. So to be honest in the heat of the moment not everyone might think to pull away. Choosing the option not to pull away is not Kian smooching Anna as so much Anna smooching Kian while he stands there dumbfounded. I think it fits his character since he is very inexperienced with women/intimacy but he is also too polite to ''rudely'' pull away. That's my opinion anyway.

And also she seems way too keen on him not to have some sort of special connection with him. So I doubt she is bad news, although there is a possibility that she might be working with the enemy. After all Vamon did want the raid to go bad, and it was Anna who provided Kian with the means to help further Vamon's objective. The question is did she do it knowingly?

• Retodon8 and Igelwelt like this

#24 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 21:28

That's a fair assessment, but at that point the decision should have been labeled "pull away" or "don't pull away." Were that the framing, I may have acted differently.

Kian's monologue made it clear he knew what was up. It was either something to the effect of "this is wrong and too sudden" or "this is sudden but I can't refuse her."

Working under the assumption that he knew what was up I couldn't see him going through with it. YMMV.
  • Tamahome, Cendres, Igelwelt and 1 other like this

#25 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 21:42

Actually there were three options there. Kiss her, Pull away or stand there like an idiot not knowing what to do. I did the latter. She ran off.

I'm really not sure I buy that she's Saga (yet). Some things aren't adding up in my mind. Though that may be addressed in the future. 

That being said, I kept running into this odd possibly graphical glitch where it looked like she had a suspicious blue streak in her hair.  :mellow:

Yeah, I really don't think she's Saga. Doesn't make sense to me.

• agirlnamedbob, Tamahome, DollyDagger and 1 other like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#26 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 March 2015 - 21:44

Yeah, I really don't think she's Saga. Doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe Interlude was really a flashback?

#27 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 21:51

I will say that my reaction to that scene was about what you would expect. It was too out of the blue, too sudden...I just...couldn't.

"I have been in that prison cell for an entire year and wasn't really the outgoing type earlier (except for hunting magicals, of course), so would I please live a little right now?!"

If that hadn't been a timed choice, RTG should have put that as inner monolog for the option I've eventually chosen. ;)

• agirlnamedbob, Mr Moo, DollyDagger and 1 other like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#28 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 21:56

Maybe Interlude was really a flashback?

The interlude is "another place, another time". That's not why it doesn't make sense to me.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#29 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 21:57

You would.

You fucking would.

:P

Honestly I look forward to playing with that choice a bit. But first play through I had to go with my gut. It didn't jive. For me. I absolutely understand why it would for other people.

Though I didn't even think to let the timer run out. (Those make me super antsy and I always freak out.) ... That might be more in line with how I feel.
  • Vainamoinen and pink75 like this

#30 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 21:58

You fucking would.

That wasn't even an option.
  • WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob, khh and 3 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#31 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 March 2015 - 22:01

By the Balance, a quite funny idea just hit me: I don't yet know what to think regarding Anna and April (and/or Saga) but just assuming for the joke's sake that Anna is actually April or a reincarnation/regeneration of April, her quote from the trailer takes a whole new meaning:

Anna: "I've been burned in the past" (end of actual Book 2 lines, the rest is my "continuation")

"No, I don't mean I was in a bad relationship, I mean I was literally burned. They set me on fire. I was cremated. Turned to ash. Lovely funeral though, wish I could do it again. Wait, where are you going? Why are you running away? Is it anything I said? Darn, why do they all react that way?"  :wacko:  :blush:  :P 

(apologies if the joke seems a bit "dark" to anyone, no actual disrespect for April's demise is in my intentions)

• wandrew, Jecica, Edreamer Jamil and 11 others like this

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#32 Tamahome

Tamahome

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 22:05

By the Balance, a quite funny idea just hit me: I don't yet know what to assume regarding Anna and April (and/or Saga) but just assuming for the joke's sake that Anna is actually April or a reincarnation/regeneration of April, her quote from the trailer takes a whole new meaning:

Anna: "I've been burned in the past" (end of actual Book 2 lines, the rest is my "continuation")

"No, I don't mean I was in a bad relationship, I mean I was literally burned. They set me on fire. I was cremated. Turned to ash. Lovely funeral though, wish I could do it again. Wait, were are you going? Why are you running away? Is it anything I said? Darn, why do they all react that way?"  :wacko:  :blush:  :P 

(apologies if the joke seems a bit "dark" to anyone, no actual disrespect for April's demise is in my intentions)

Oh my....

Nice one. :P

#33 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 22:06

That wasn't even an option.

*headdesk*

:P

Also, yet. Wasn't an option yet.

Though I will be mad if any hope of developing a relationship with her character is foiled by that one choice. Fuck that.
  • WorldsReunited, Vainamoinen, Mr Moo and 2 others like this

#34 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 22:09

Anna: "I've been burned in the past"

@_@

... That's... The sad thing is I could see them doing that.
  • Edreamer Jamil, khh and Igelwelt like this

#35 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 March 2015 - 22:09

Though I will be mad if any hope of developing a relationship with her character is foiled by that one choice. Fuck that.

Anna didn't seem like a character that would allow a trivial thing like a refusal to kiss deter her from anything. Whether she's justified in that belief of hers or not, she seems "convinced" that she knows Kian better than he knows himself, including what he actually wants and likes, lol. That's the vibe I got from her.

• agirlnamedbob, khh and Igelwelt like this

#36 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 22:25

I get April vibes from her, but i can't explain how she would now Kian so well. If Saga has nothing to do with April, i think she could be Anna. I don't know...

I hope she is a totally different person, someone Kian knew back home but has forgotten her or maybe he didn't know her but she did ( and obviously has had a crush on him for some time ). She could be related to Kian's mentor ( the hair match perfectly ).

Aren't there a couple of (faded) scars on her face? Also, she said she doesn't care about the Azadi or the resistance but... other things. The Balance maybe? Princess warrior of the Balance? Hmm... 

Anyway, because of the way she was introduced, not too fond of her for the time being.

• Pawlo_86 and Igelwelt like this

#37 virumor

virumor

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 22:51

The freckles convinced me.
  • spyked and Igelwelt like this

#38 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 March 2015 - 23:00

The freckles convinced me.

of what?

#39 Emmote

Emmote

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 23:08

Kian needs Enu, but yeah, kissed "Anna". :)

Yes, this. I didn't kiss Anna because, I'm reallllly hoping that he'll be with Enu.

• Mr Moo likes this

--Emmo

#40 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 14 March 2015 - 23:37

Didn't allow Kian to kiss her.. Until I warm up to her a bit, there's no way Kian will be kissing some random redhead :P I actually started freaking out after she ran away, because in the goals there was no line about the Azadi soldier. It shows up later when we finish up Mole goal. I thought I ruined my chance of finding out about the Azadi raid because I refused the damn kiss. :rolleyes:  I kept thinking "Likho will be pissed when he finds out I ruined it all".

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Mr Moo and 2 others like this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anna, Lady Alvane, Saga, House of All Worlds, HoAW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users