#1 SimonCle

SimonCle

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 14 March 2015 - 00:35

So.. it occured to me that Anna quite possibly could be Lady Alvane (and possibly Saga?)

We know, that Anna probably knows Kian Alvane intimately. If they were married (making her Lady Alvane), that would definitly explain that.

Since The house of all Worlds is removed from time, Anna could easily have known Kian for years (in the house), before traveling back to regular time in book 2.

That also expalins why Anna "ambushes" (as Kian puts it) the guy with the kiss. (She has been intimate with him for years, and it could be almost out of habbit)

Wild speculation:

If Lady Alvane, Saga and Anna are the same, then that would lead pretty nicely to Anna being the third playable character (since we aready played Saga).

Thoughts?

• Artephius, Igelwelt and SantaMonica99 like this

#2 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 00:46

I concur. :)

This would also mean that "Anna" could just as easily travel to Stark. Possibly with Kian in tow? :D

• Igelwelt likes this

#3 Tamahome

Tamahome

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 00:48

I will just post a quote of what I wrote in the April thread regarding Anna, and how she sound like she is being voiced by Sarah to me. :P 

You sure it wasn't Sarah voicing Anna? I could have sworn it was her while putting on an accent. Maybe it's just my brain playing tricks, that is a well known thing to happen in humans. 

The hints are there though, she knew Kian. She could see through his veil, yet he didn't know her. To me it sounds as if situation from Dreamfall between him and April is reversed, in Dreamfall he felt he knew April. Anna appears to know him and it sounds like she has known him for a long time, and I would say she knows him for longer than one human life time. I say that both Kian and April are never dying spirits, who are reborn every time their mortal body dies. Each incarnation awakens at some point and realises their nature, and gains memories of the previous lives. Just like the white kin told Saga, she will see with different eyes.

I think April had to die because she failed to awaken and remember and so a reset button was pressed. Anna might be a past incarnation of April, if HoAW is really present outside time she could in theory have traveled to it and traveled to the future. So the Kian she is so fond of is not ''her'' Kian, but a future incarnation of her beloved.

Sorry I just went Doctor Who on ya'll.

Wild theory, I am guessing Ragnar and Co. have something much better up their sleeves. There is more questions than answers yet again, but somehow I am not mad, I guess the story is so amazing it balances out. I just hope that it doesn't end up like Mass Effect did, where the build up was so great the conclusion couldn't live up to it. 

So yeah I agree that this may be the case. The way she says she's been burned before (Trust issues, sounds very much like April) and the she can trust Kian. It implies they have a deep relationship of some sort which Kian is unaware of. She is also not in support of the rebels but not exactly against them, sounds like April who followed advice and learned her lessons from Dreamfall. She gave up on her holy crusade (which she used as a smoke screen for the pain and her lack of will to live) but she didn't suddenly switch sides. 

• Igelwelt and pink75 like this

#4 Rebel With A Cause

Rebel With A Cause

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 March 2015 - 00:50

I had similar thoughts. I'll enjoy seeing how it plays out.
(I chose to kiss her. I think Kian needs a little lovin'.)

I also thought about the voice actor for a moment, but I didn't think it sounded like April at all. :)
  • khh, Mr Moo and Igelwelt like this

#5 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 00:51

Kian needs Enu, but yeah, kissed "Anna". :)

• Emmote and Igelwelt like this

#6 SimonCle

SimonCle

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 14 March 2015 - 00:54

I will just post a quote of what I wrote in the April thread regarding Anna, and how she sound like she is being voiced by Sarah to me. :P

So yeah I agree that this may be the case. The way she says she's been burned before (Trust issues, sounds very much like April) and the she can trust Kian. It implies they have a deep relationship of some sort which Kian is unaware of. She is also not in support of the rebels but not exactly against them, sounds like April who followed advice and learned her lessons from Dreamfall. She gave up on her holy crusade (which she used as a smoke screen for the pain and her lack of will to live) but she didn't suddenly switch sides. 

I'm not sure if there's any connection to April there, but it is quite possible since there are *implied* connections beween both April/Saga and April/Lady Alvane.

• Igelwelt and delamer like this

#7 Rebel With A Cause

Rebel With A Cause

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:00

Kian needs Enu, but yeah, kissed "Anna". :)

Can't we petition for him to get both? ;)
  • WorldsReunited, Igelwelt and RecycledHero like this

#8 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:04

At the start of Book Two we have confirmation that April Ryan is reborn. The question is if Anna really ties into this?

#9 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:04

Can't we petition for him to get both? ;)

Hey now, a choice is good, but my Kian isn't a two-timer or polygamist.

• khh likes this

#10 virumor

virumor

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:07

Didn't Book 2 reveal Kian is a virgin? I figure Anna would be most suited to teach him some things.
  • WorldsReunited, ACID_RAIN82 and Igelwelt like this

#11 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:16

Didn't Book 2 reveal Kian is a virgin? I figure Anna would be most suited to teach him some things.

It didn't outright say so I think, but it did heavily imply it. Enu did say she'd been with many men though. Just pointing that out :P

• ACID_RAIN82, Igelwelt and pink75 like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#12 Rebel With A Cause

Rebel With A Cause

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:17

It didn't outright say so I think, but it did heavily imply it. Enu did say she'd been with many men though. Just pointing that out :P

Oh yeah, loved that dialogue part with Enu. Haha. ;)
  • khh, Mr Moo, ACID_RAIN82 and 3 others like this

#13 Rebel With A Cause

Rebel With A Cause

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:18

Hey now, a choice is good, but my Kian isn't a two-timer or polygamist.

Nah, he does seem like a one-woman-guy - if at that. ;)
  • Mr Moo and pink75 like this

#14 virumor

virumor

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:19

Surprised ppl have not yet started analyzing the tattoo on her left calf. Azadi designs? She could be another street urchin from Sadir who knew Kian in the past even though she isn't Azadi herself. There's likely ppl from all over Arcadia there. And then there's the crest on her breastplate...
  • Igelwelt likes this

#15 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:18

Surprised ppl have not yet started analyzing the tattoo on her left calf. Azadi designs? She could be another street urchin from Sadir who knew Kian in the past even though she isn't Azadi herself. There's likely ppl from all over Arcadia there. And then there's the crest on her breastplate...

I think we need a thorough full body inspection in book 3 to put any speculation to rest. :P

• WorldsReunited, virumor and Igelwelt like this

#16 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:04

I thought while playing that Hanna looked a lot like Saga.

I wonder if there is a link between Hanna and Anna. They both have the same name and red hair.

I got April vibes from Anna.

April and Hanna seem to have a similar personal story (hard childhood, orphans) and the picture of the mountains in Hanna's nest is where April's journey begins in TLJ ("Draic Kin's nest"). I suppose it's not a coincidence.

• Artephius, mayor_meathammer and Igelwelt like this

#17 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:21

I thought while playing that Hannah looked a lot like Saga.

I wonder if there is a link between Hannah and Anna. They both have the same name and red hair.

I got April vibes from Anna.

April and Hannah seem to have a similar personal story (hard childhood, orphans) and the picture of the mountains in Hannah's nest is where April's journey begins in TLJ ("Draic Kin's nest"). I suppose it's not a coincidence.

Yeah. Anna - Hannah, both red hairs, TLJ pictures in Hannah's lair, Hannah relation to Queenie and Quennie can be Kin, April was upset to Zoe in Dreamfall - Hannah was upset to Zoe in Book Two.

• Igelwelt likes this

#18 Idinyphe

Idinyphe

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:13

Anna <==> Hannah

I like the idea of a girl that has to hide and is an underdog in one world is an awsome and mysterious woman in the other world.

Maybe in her dreams? Or she is another sort of shifter changing her body during a shift?

• Igelwelt likes this

Unfortunately that's the story of revenge. It's messy. Never really works out the way you want it to.

#19 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:32

I have just met Anna in my second walkthrough. She said to Kian: "I have as many names as I have friends. And enemies." April does have many names (from the Wiki):

April Bandu-Embata
Kan-ang-la
Raven
The Scorpion
Waterstiller
A Wave
Windbringer

• WorldsReunited, Retodon8, Pawlo_86 and 4 others like this

#20 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 19:39

See...I'm having this issue. 

I'm really not sure I buy that she's Saga (yet). Some things aren't adding up in my mind. Though that may be addressed in the future. 

That being said, I kept running into this odd possibly graphical glitch where it looked like she had a suspicious blue streak in her hair.  :mellow:

• skadet, TalkingOak, NeilClaimer and 2 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anna, Lady Alvane, Saga, House of All Worlds, HoAW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users