44 replies to this topic

#21 MinorMonster

MinorMonster

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:11

Without giving anything particular away, I don't think you're approaching the problem the right way.

I'm not gonna spoil it for everyone else, but had the correct solution shown to me just now. 

Doesn't work for me, cause he never gets to that part. Because I interrupted him once, and now he just stands, whatever I do. I log out. He stands. I go to the other end of Marcuria. I come back. There he stands.

If I stop bothering him, shouldn't he begin moving again? That would be the logical thing, no?

#22 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:14

Yeah, that's what he's supposed to do. That's what he did in my game. He should continue running when you get far enough away. I meant to address that bug, but I forgot. Sorry. Tina mentioned it though.

• Tina likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#23 MinorMonster

MinorMonster

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:25

One thing I haven't tried is backtrack to an earlier save and try it again. Maybe I'll get lucky. Who knows what triggers a bug like that. Some sort of pathfinding AI brain fart.

• khh likes this

#24 MinorMonster

MinorMonster

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:45

Well, that worked.  :)  Onwards!

• Tina and khh like this

#25 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:48

I'm glad you got it working :) Enjoy the rest of the game :)

April Ryan is my friend,

#26 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 17:39

We figured out the messenger goal last night. We quit the game, watched a couple of TV shows, did some cleanup; basically, took a step back. At one point, it suddenly became very obvious what the clue was. Sure enough, it worked. Now to go to a meeting. No rush; I'm sure they'll wait for us :)

• khh likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#27 Apollo

Apollo

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 22:22

Well, that worked.  :)  Onwards!

Did you backtrack to an old saved game? I have the same 'bug'. Messenger is just standing next to the checkpoint and looked up the correct solution for this, but can't get the guy to move at all (close to him to follow me or as far away from him to get him moving again) and the standing in front of the correct signs does not give any options to interact with them and switch / grab them.

#28 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 22:26

Did you backtrack to an old saved game? I have the same 'bug'. Messenger is just standing next to the checkpoint and looked up the correct solution for this, but can't get the guy to move at all (close to him to follow me or as far away from him to get him moving again) and the standing in front of the correct signs does not give any options to interact with them and switch / grab them.

Yeah, try loading your latest save and work backwards till you find one where he's not stuck.

April Ryan is my friend,

#29 KraTe

KraTe

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 March 2015 - 15:41

I have found a way to lure him, but I, apparently, haven't found the correct 'magical' corner to lure him into, cause he just takes off running again. As a small hint, he will take off as soon as you move far enough away from him.

After following the runner multiple times through the city and can.t figure what to do..  should I just find correct shady spot?  and does the game handle the attack or do  I need to use fight controls or something?

wtf?

#30 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 15:43

After following the runner multiple times through the city and can.t figure what to do..  should I just find correct shady spot?  and does the game handle the attack or do  I need to use fight controls or something?

wtf?

I think you're approaching the problem the wrong way. Is there any point in the route that stands out?

• toremygg likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#31 KraTe

KraTe

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 March 2015 - 16:18

I think you're approaching the problem the wrong way. Is there any point in the route that stands out?

Yes there is one spot where runner stops in front of shady hole and wonders where to continue left or right but anyway if I go too close to the runner he starts to walk away and shouts do not follow etc..

#32 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 16:25

Yes there is one spot where runner stops in front of shady hole and wonders where to continue left or right but anyway if I go too close to the runner he starts to walk away and shouts do not follow etc..

You might want to look closer at that spot. 

April Ryan is my friend,

#33 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 15 March 2015 - 16:35

Yes, you have to do something there, at that location (let us now if you still can't figure it out).

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#34 KraTe

KraTe

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:14

And nothing happens.. I believe I have ran about 20 times trough the city following the Messenger and cant find a spot how to handle messenger..

am I getting blind or is this puzzle so hc that it just takes time goes litle annoying to just run the same route again and again..

Anyone who has figured out this already? even a small hint what to do?

#35 Beyond Yonder

Beyond Yonder

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:34

And nothing happens.. I believe I have ran about 20 times trough the city following the Messenger and cant find a spot how to handle messenger..

am I getting blind or is this puzzle so hc that it just takes time goes litle annoying to just run the same route again and again..

Anyone who has figured out this already? even a small hint what to do?

Try investigating what he looks at specifically at that intersection. He gets confused which sign is left or right... try moving closer and seeing if something is clickable.

#36 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 14:38

Here's the outright solution:

Spoiler

April Ryan is my friend,

#37 KraTe

KraTe

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 March 2015 - 17:32

Here's the outright solution:

Spoiler

I just got it on my own! But thanks anyway that was the first really frustrating :)

• khh likes this

#38 KraTe

KraTe

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 March 2015 - 17:32

just got it on my own! But thanks anyway that was the first really frustrating  :)

#39 Mime Paradox

Mime Paradox

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 22:14

Having similar problems.  Originally, I saw the messenger, who remained stuck in the same position near one of the maps, as previously described by others.  Eventually though, I began triggering his voice whenever I went up or down the stairs on the northernmost part of his route, with the messenger himself remaining invisible and, I assume, immobile, and with him nowhere to be found anywhere else.  And now going back to a previous save state means having to redo the other two missions. :(

#40 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 23:41

And now going back to a previous save state means having to redo the other two missions. :(

Rotten luck. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users