Photo
- - - - -

Where can I get a written walkthrough of book two?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Zach055

Zach055

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 March 2015 - 20:48

Where can I get a written walkthrough of book two?

• telomeracer likes this

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 March 2015 - 21:02

There may not be one yet. Video walkthroughs are all the rage and finding written walkthroughs is getting harder and harder. Since it's an Indie title that's been out roughly a day...I'm not seeing anything. 

WorldsReunited did one for Book One, so I assume he'll get to one for Book Two eventually (probably/hopefully?).

If you're stuck or having issues, feel free to post for help in the meantime. :) Everyone here's been pretty good about helping out with that stuff. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:25

A walkthrough, written or otherwise, will be a daunting task if the entire choice & consequence mechanic gets in there. And if it doesn't, it won't be complete. :blink:

#4 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 14:57

It does seem like WorldsReunited has started to add Book 2 as well. He's finished the first chapter of Book 2 now - see this thread here :)

I suppose if you mostly include all the "how to do puzzle" things, those do not seem to differ that much depending on your choices. But if if includes all the subtle (and not so subtle) differences, then it would be a very daunting task, indeed.

• agirlnamedbob likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#5 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 March 2015 - 15:10

The choices part (not the puzzle/instructions) is what Eveolene is working on (and doing a great job) with the Transcript.

• Tina and agirlnamedbob like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#6 bluejeans

bluejeans

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 23:06

Here.  Helped me countless times http://www.gamefaqs....qs/71342?page=0

I don't have an E with two dots on top, nor an O, on my keyboard.  Apologies to Mr. Tornquist and Zoe.  :P

#7 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 00:45

Why would you want or need a written walkthrough?

I'm just curios. There's ample help in the forums, and various playthroughs with different decisions made.

And you can play however you want with whatever decisions you choose how many times you'd like.

So why is there a need for a walkthrough?

• Idinyphe likes this

#8 bluejeans

bluejeans

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:35

Why would you want or need a written walkthrough?

I'm just curios. There's ample help in the forums, and various playthroughs with different decisions made.

And you can play however you want with whatever decisions you choose how many times you'd like.

So why is there a need for a walkthrough?

I for one used a written walkthrough for "instant answers" but in any case, the guy I linked to is thinking of not doing book 3 onwards due to how much his game has deviated already.

I don't have an E with two dots on top, nor an O, on my keyboard.  Apologies to Mr. Tornquist and Zoe.  :P

#9 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:18

is thinking of not doing book 3 onwards due to how much his game has deviated already.

Indeed it's part of my point.

I can't see a reason for a written walkthrough especially for a non linear game such as DFC.

And if you're stuck, you can use the search option of the forum and you'll get your answer quickly enough.

#10 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:13

Look up a single text with a coherent, sequential walkthrough of plot and puzzles encountered along the way. Or search through a forum. One of these is easier than the other. It's the first one.

• khh and Mr Moo like this

#11 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 15:03

I disagree.

Using the search for specific needs is much less tempting and less spoilery.

On the few times I needed help with the game I found what I needed very simply, and at the level of detail that didn't necessarily spoil the puzzle.

the con is that you need internet connection while playing, I agree with that.

But I don't think a game such as DFC can have a coherent linear walkthrough. Not with all different choices you have to make.

#12 Beyond Yonder

Beyond Yonder

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 14:26

I use walkthroughs when I get stuck and only search for the part I need. Using a forum is far more cumbersome.

#13 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 March 2015 - 14:45

I prefer uhs-hints.com for my walk through needs. Not sure if DFC is added yet.

Edit: DFC isn't added yet. Not sure how to add games there either.

• GistOfSpirit and Crowboy like this

#14 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 March 2015 - 15:13

I prefer uhs-hints.com for my walk through needs. Not sure if DFC is added yet.

Wow, uhs-hints still exists? I remember using it (once!) back in 2000 when I played none other but The Longest Journey! It was incredibly useful, mostly because it had this "gradual" way of giving you hints, without outright telling you what to do, unless you kept clicking for more direct instructions, which made puzzle-solving still feel rewarding enough! 

• khh, GistOfSpirit and Mr Moo like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#15 Sophia

Sophia

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:02

I truly hate walkthroughs. It is so easy to get lazy and just follow all the instructions. Especially with a work of art like Dreamfall Chapters, you will definitely miss out on all of subtle nuances and story lines.

That said, I'm a gaming dunce, and with some games (who am I kidding, MOST games, blush) I have no choice but to seek help. The Longest Journey was certainly one of those. However, both Dreamfall and Chapters are extremely playable even for my (lack of) skill level.

For Dreamfall I only needed help once, that was in a troll cave where I kept getting lost and killed. GAH I don't miss that element!

In Chapters I only needed help in 1 spot so far... and that was literally because I had failed to notice a clickable hotspot. If I can do it, so can anybody :D

Seriously though you do yourself a huge disfavor if you use a walkthrough with Chapters, I don't think it's needed and it definitely would take away from the satisfaction... as others suggested just ask here when you're stuck and people will nudge you in the right direction :)

• Crowboy likes this

Latest blog post: s.png?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffeeds.feedburner.

#16 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 20:47

I love uhs-hints.
Just enough to put you on the right track.
Well, with the exception of the notorious Altar puzzle in the Merum city where I needed the straight out solution, and still do on every playthrough  :blush:

#17 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 March 2015 - 21:11

I love uhs-hints.
Just enough to put you on the right track.
Well, with the exception of the notorious Altar puzzle in the Merum city where I needed the straight out solution, and still do on every playthrough  :blush:

It's cause they screwed up that puzzle, there's an error in it. Two of the crystals follow the opposite logic for one side compared to two of the other crystals.

• Crowboy likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#18 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:08

It's cause they screwed up that puzzle, there's an error in it. Two of the crystals follow the opposite logic for one side compared to two of the other crystals.

I remember the puzzle, I don't remember any such error.
Spoiler

#19 br305893

br305893

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFairfield, CT, USA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:29

It does seem like WorldsReunited has started to add Book 2 as well. He's finished the first chapter of Book 2 now - see this thread here :)

I suppose if you mostly include all the "how to do puzzle" things, those do not seem to differ that much depending on your choices. But if if includes all the subtle (and not so subtle) differences, then it would be a very daunting task, indeed.

Thank you so much! I finally was able to complete The Mole task because of this walkthrough  :)

• Tina, khh and Mr Moo like this

#20 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 March 2015 - 22:12

I remember the puzzle, I don't remember any such error.

Spoiler

Enough people have said this that it finally bugged me into making it super clear

Here is the solution,

Spoiler

Here the problem is highlighted

Spoiler

Here's a stolen ingame photo proving the above figures are accurate.

Spoiler

Now do you see the problem?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users