Photo

First Dreamer [Spoilers?]

Dreamer Book2 Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: A boy or a girl? (84 member(s) have cast votes)

Make your guesses, ladies and gentlemen

1. Male (5 votes [5.95%])

Percentage of vote: 5.95%

2. Female (35 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

3. Gods dont need to procreate (12 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Who cares? (9 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

5. Looks awesome regardless (23 votes [27.38%])

Percentage of vote: 27.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 March 2015 - 20:55

Maybe since the Goddess is weak and dying, the Prophet is more capable in manipulating the Azadi.

"Shadow" can be Undreaming. We know that Undreaming was unleashed (by Cortez and Brian in 1933). Undreaming can be behind all of this.

Undreaming can be a main antagonist for The Creator/Lux/Vagabond.

#42 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 23:43

I've been baffled since the Dreamfall days that so many people think the Goddess must be a character that one can meet. I've always thought she was like the Christian God, in the sense that she may or may not exist, but even in a fantasy setting she won't be someone you can meet (or someone at all).

No offence to anyone! :)

• Pawlo_86, Olstyle, Evi and 1 other like this

#43 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 23:50

I've been baffled since the Dreamfall days that so many people think the Goddess must be a character that one can meet. I've always thought she was like the Christian God, in the sense that she may or may not exist, but even in a fantasy setting she won't be someone you can meet (or someone at all).

No offence to anyone! :)

Could be right. Kian's answers to Pip conserning the Goddess suggest this, as well as many other things. However, it is also possible that the Goddess is an actual powerful living being, like thre Kin, powerful artisans, etc.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#44 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:56

Could be right. Kian's answers to Pip conserning the Goddess suggest this, as well as many other things. However, it is also possible that the Goddess is an actual powerful living being, like thre Kin, powerful artisans, etc.

Yeah it is very possible that Goddess is just "random god". Prophet told Azadi that she wants from them to build Tower and later switch on The Engine. I'm not sure but i think that Ragnar said that Azadi religion is based on most powerfull religions in the world - Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

• khh and inspector like this

#45 CmputrBlu

CmputrBlu

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:15

It wa said clear. His dream is universe. When he will die then whole universe will die too.

"Castillo" means Castle and there is Castle-like building in Border Mountains. There is something...

I just don't understand one thing. Vagabond said that whole universe is created in Storytime. But Abnaxus said that universe is a dream of Lux. So what? One of them lies?

Possible that Lux is the dreamer of the universe as Abnaxus sais while the stories are what is created in Storytime. Or another way to look at it is that Lux dreams the books(s) where the stories are written. But who knows :)

With Dreamers being in two places at once and Dragon taking human forms; I can't help wondering if Eingana and Lux are onw and the same. Or Eingana is a part of Lux or an aspect of the First Dreamer;  and all this began when Eingana was somehow imprisoned. Also after Dreamfall I always thought that Zoe and Faith were both born of Eingana

"A dream within a dream - I'm impressed."

#46 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:17

Possible that Lux is the dreamer of the universe as Abnaxus sais while the stories are what is created in Storytime. Or another way to look at it is that Lux dreams the books(s) where the stories are written. But who knows :)

We have already THREE places where universe can be created:

- Storytime - stories became reality

- House Of All Worlds - Etta's story

- Border Mountains - Lux's Altar - The First Dreamer - his dream is universe

I wonder how it all will be connected at the end...

#47 tummy ooh aah

tummy ooh aah

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 March 2015 - 21:35

I think the universe just is. It's a dream both dreamt by Lux and continuously woven by many threads together into one tapestry in the Storytime. Lux provides the framework/mechanism for the universe to exist - she's the "host" - but these dreams exist autonomously from her mind (yes I'm going with the female reading here). Similarly, in Storytime the disparate dreams, which exist in their own right, are woven together into "stories" with "threads".

I don't think Storytime/the Vagabond or Etta can be creating the universe, since they occupy the time and space within it - the universe must exist a priori to both, otherwise they wouldn't be able to function/exist at all. However, in order for the universe to have come into existence, must there have been a previous First Dreamer before Lux (a bit of an oxymoron)? Unless Lux is dreaming from within another universe? Both of these theories are a little spacey, though, so I would say instead that Lux is simply the in-universe embodiment of the entity that hosts the universe's dreams, and was created alongside the birth of the universe.

Lux also isn't the immutable immortal God we're used to hearing about - obviously she is affected by the world she's dreaming (i.e., her illness), as she's not "outside" the dream, she's a living part of it. It would make sense, then, if the Undreaming is what's causing her illness, as it's essentially destroying reality, a reality Lux is bound to.

If this were the case I'd be resistant to another Dreamer "taking over" for Lux (by beginning to dream the same dream). I think Zoë's "purpose" ought to be saving reality by defeating the Undreaming (in whatever way) - it seems so much more dramatic and active than simply taking over the structural position Lux occupies.

• Ringtail, Dmm, Pawlo_86 and 1 other like this

#48 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 30 March 2015 - 16:29

I'd like to come back to someone who is apparently "related" to Lux:

Spoilers from Steam Trading Card

Spoiler

*Please put in spoiler code if necessary.

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#49 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 March 2015 - 19:01

*Please put in spoiler code if necessary.

I went ahead and added one. We've mostly kept the Steam Trading Cards related stuff in spoiler tags, except in threads clearly marked as discussing them.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#50 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 05 July 2015 - 16:26

Someone notice that may be The purple mountains = the first mountain. Or Lux The first dreamer = the godess and The undreaming = The shadow... I think Azadi culture and Marcurian culture are basically the same but with some differences

#51 Roseweave

Roseweave

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 23:17

Disappointed there's no serious agender option.

#52 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:06

Disappointed there's no serious agender option.

Agender is more of a mental thing; I think the thread is about Lux's physical attributes, so "Gods don't need to procreate" means that there's no need for Lux to have a sex.

#53 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:05

That's it. In some way Lux might be a girl or a boy... Physically of course. Agender is more like a choice... Well I mean not a choice but it's something you can decide to be or not to be. On the other hand I think the agender status doesn't exist it's more accurate to say someone is gender fuild... Well, please don't misunderstood my words ... As cishomo man I support everythings ways of love and the fact that I'm spanish and I can't speak english properly can contribute to misunaderstading me. ❤

#54 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:52

After Interlude II it is confirmed that Shadow is Undreaming. But The First Mountain and Goddess are still a mystery. Azadi religion somehow releates to Dreamer thing.

#55 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:54

I want to share something about The First Dreamer. As you know i pretty like the story in DFC. But The First Dreamer arc seems little out of place. In Dreamfall we didn't have any hints about God/Creator which is sick. Even in Book One when we left Storytime it wasn't suggested that Zoe's mission is save someone powerfull. Save the world. Stop nightmares. Then in Book Two in very random dream we learn about The First Dreamer. So in Book Three Zoe is searching a path to mountains to save The First Dreamer. It all seems little rushed.

#56 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:03

The way I look at the plot is that it's quite meta. If you're not careful, meta-plots can often be very poor, clichéd, cheesy and far too pleased with themselves. But the TLJ universe has always been a story about the nature of stories - and then dreams - and has done this about as well as I've ever seen. It's not too "whoah duuude crazy dream" in your face, but it's certainly true that there is no particular distinction between real reality and narrative and dream reality. In fact, we now know that the entire universe is sustained by a dream. Life is a dream, that's its fundamental property.

So to me the introduction of a First Dreamer is the inevitable climax of the hints along the way. The whole series began with someone telling a story. And that is also how it will end.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dreamer, Book2, Spoilers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users