Photo

First Dreamer [Spoilers?]

Dreamer Book2 Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: A boy or a girl? (84 member(s) have cast votes)

Make your guesses, ladies and gentlemen

1. Male (5 votes [5.95%])

Percentage of vote: 5.95%

2. Female (35 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

3. Gods dont need to procreate (12 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Who cares? (9 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

5. Looks awesome regardless (23 votes [27.38%])

Percentage of vote: 27.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 March 2015 - 18:03

It has a sense that First Dreamer is sick because of Undreaming. I had an idea in Dreamfall that Undreaming was really unleashed by WATI/Azadi manipulation of dreams rather than by Brian in 1933.

Actually what Wati are doing is un - dreaming, people don't have a real dreams anymore.

#22 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 19:42

I guess the whole universe is just the First Dreamer's dream. I am also inclined to say that this might be our ''White Lady'' from Dreamfall. So I am guessing it would be a she. :)

If that's the case she can also be the Azadi Goddess

#23 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 March 2015 - 20:08

If that's the case she can also be the Azadi Goddess

Lux - Light

First mountain - Border Mountains

Shadow - Undreaming

Azadi religion can be releated to Dreamer. But i think that Prophet is more like false prophet - he is playing Azadi and using them for his evil goals.

• inspector likes this

#24 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 16 March 2015 - 21:27

I just wonder why the Azadi would be thought of as connected to dreamer machines, when they preach the evils of magic? The machines are such a contrast to the technology already existing in Stark, they could then be seen as the arrival of a form of magic perhaps? Makes you wonder if the connection between Lux and the Azadi stops with the meaning of Lux being light and the Azadi talking of light shining on paths etcetera, and we're in a clutching-at-straws sort of situation?

In other threads people are talking about a multitude of Zoes (or other characters for that matter, such as Kian/Saga/etc) existing in various spaces, all of them being projections and possibilities being dreamed. There are themes and events in DFC that echo those in Dreamfall... this is bringing me back to thinking Lux dreams up the possible lives he/she/they could have... anyone seen the film Mr Nobody? 

just a forum ghost

#25 Dolmari Gamble

Dolmari Gamble

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBlack Sea, Simferopolis.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 16:48

In other threads people are talking about a multitude of Zoes (or other characters for that matter, such as Kian/Saga/etc) existing in various spaces, all of them being projections and possibilities being dreamed. There are themes and events in DFC that echo those in Dreamfall... this is bringing me back to thinking Lux dreams up the possible lives he/she/they could have... anyone seen the film Mr Nobody? 

While this does make sense, it's really difficult to create a compelling narrative in a world where everything is a dream and nothing you do matters (just like in real life).

Also put the movie on my watchlist, thanks

HyKUWYb.png

#26 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 16:55

While this does make sense, it's really difficult to create a compelling narrative in a world where everything is a dream and nothing you do matters (just like in real life).

Also put the movie on my watchlist, thanks

Yeah I think I'd be super mad if nothing actually mattered in the end... I'm unsure I've convinced myself it's a possibility to be honest, but maybe it could partially be true except our main characters do matter in some capacity. I haven't got my head around it yet. 

It's a bit of a mind**** movie but worth a watch, really makes you think - enjoy :)

just a forum ghost

#27 VersusVII

VersusVII

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 20:19

Lux reminded me the sleeping girl in Dreamfall's main menu and in a concept art inside the manual. I find her kinda misterious, 'cause we never see her/him in the game. 

I think Lux's body is in Stark.

Spoiler

I didn't know where to write this theory, I didn't find a forum thread only about her 

• khh, Mr Moo and inspector like this

#28 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 22:16

Lux reminded me the sleeping girl in Dreamfall's main menu and in a concept art inside the manual. I find her kinda misterious, 'cause we never see her/him in the game. 

I think Lux's body is in Stark.

Spoiler

I didn't know where to write this theory, I didn't find a forum thread only about her 

Or even dead and needs a new vessel, maybe they were killed in Stark... like perhaps Rio Kuroki? Was she not connected to a dreamer when she died? She could still be connected, we don't know if she was disconnected do we?

just a forum ghost

#29 VersusVII

VersusVII

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:40

Or even dead and needs a new vessel, maybe they were killed in Stark... like perhaps Rio Kuroki? Was she not connected to a dreamer when she died? She could still be connected, we don't know if she was disconnected do we?

Rio Kuroki? Mmmm, maybe we can find her spirit/soul lost in Dreamtime, but I've never considered her a possible dreamer. She was only a bio-something working at WATI city 

Even if Rio become a "ghost in the machine", Faith would have find her and used as a friend. Maybe the same Rio would have turned into the worm that infected Eingana. 

Faith was a dreamer, so she had more control over her dream to make it "real" inside the Storytime.

• Abnoxious likes this

#30 GuybrushThreepwood

GuybrushThreepwood

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 19:17

What if the first dreamer is Zoe, and this entire time her projection has just been a dream?

The talk about waking up refers to the first dreamer being asleep.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#31 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 19:27

What if the first dreamer is Zoe, and this entire time her projection has just been a dream?

The talk about waking up refers to the first dreamer being asleep.

Pretty interesting idea. Faith was a Dreamer too so Faith was a clone of Zoe?

#32 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 19:39

Lux can be The Creator. His dream creates all of the universe. Everything. When he will die all of universe will die. The End. Undreaming.

#33 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 19:52

I'm not sure about the end. Zoe ended her narration in Dreamfall with something like "Now I know that even when we're gone, our dreams stay behind"

Yeah but after First Dreamer dies his dream will gone too and there will be nothing left. But why First Dreamer is sick? What happend to him/she?

#34 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 19:58

It wa said clear. His dream is universe. When he will die then whole universe will die too.

"Castillo" means Castle and there is Castle-like building in Border Mountains. There is something...

I just don't understand one thing. Vagabond said that whole universe is created in Storytime. But Abnaxus said that universe is a dream of Lux. So what? One of them lies?

#35 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 22:22

It wa said clear. His dream is universe. When he will die then whole universe will die too.

"Castillo" means Castle and there is Castle-like building in Border Mountains. There is something...

I just don't understand one thing. Vagabond said that whole universe is created in Storytime. But Abnaxus said that universe is a dream of Lux. So what? One of them lies?

Or both are true??? If Lux is within Storytime then perhaps both can be true. That or Lux is symbolic of Zoe's dreaming self. We are told dreams are important and can contain clues to her past, Abnaxus may have projected into the dream to share a message, doesn't mean all should be taken literally. Lux could represent all that Zoe experienced in Storytime and Arcadia, her past, present and future. Perhaps she needs Lux to die so that the universe she's built up around herself crumbles and she can return to true reality

• Pawlo_86 and inspector like this

just a forum ghost

#36 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 22:24

Further on that, Zoe means life, and is a translation of the name Eve, who is the first woman. Could Lux then be a symbol of her beginnings, or perhaps even the Adam to her Eve, spiritually speaking?

• Clairobscur likes this

just a forum ghost

#37 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 22:28

Maybe the two are not mutually exclusive.

#38 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 20:41

Just another idea. If Lux is Azadi Goddess and she/he is dying then maybe that's a reason why Azadi are doing those sinster operations? Maybe Azadi are going to destroy universe via their Engine/Machine? Six said that their agenda was given to them by Goddess. April in Dreamfall speculated that Tower can be super weapon. So then Prophet could be somehow releated to Lux.

Interesting idea. But why would they want to destroy the universe since their Goddess is dying? They would try to heal her. But maybe the Prophet is manipulating the Azadi to do this.

#39 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 March 2015 - 20:47

Interesting idea. But why would they want to destroy the universe since their Goddess is dying? They would try to heal her. But maybe the Prophet is manipulating the Azadi to do this.

Azadi Religion can be releated to Lux and Dreamer things. Maybe Undreaming chose them as some creepy revenge over Lux and Dreaming? Use Lux's people against dreaming? Why not. Prophet can be releated to Undreaming somehow. Azadi seem to be destroyers. They kill magicals. They are very violent. But from Kian we know that it isn't normal for Azadi. So it can be Prophet influence.

• inspector likes this

#40 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 20:53

Maybe since the Goddess is weak and dying, the Prophet is more capable in manipulating the Azadi.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dreamer, Book2, Spoilers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users