Photo

First Dreamer [Spoilers?]

Dreamer Book2 Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: A boy or a girl? (84 member(s) have cast votes)

Make your guesses, ladies and gentlemen

1. Male (5 votes [5.95%])

Percentage of vote: 5.95%

2. Female (35 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

3. Gods dont need to procreate (12 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Who cares? (9 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

5. Looks awesome regardless (23 votes [27.38%])

Percentage of vote: 27.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dolmari Gamble

Dolmari Gamble

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBlack Sea, Simferopolis.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 18:00

So, there's the poll and you are also welcome to make any wild guesses about the character.

I, for all, very curious to know how do u become The First Dreamer. Maybe i can apply somehow, you know, get my own universe going.

HyKUWYb.png

#2 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 18:04

We have yet to see a male dreamer. My vote is for female. ;)

#3 nagi

nagi

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 20:09

I don't care, the First Dreamer is just too cute for that to matter. :wub:

• WorldsReunited likes this

#4 Tamahome

Tamahome

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 22:25

I guess the whole universe is just the First Dreamer's dream. I am also inclined to say that this might be our ''White Lady'' from Dreamfall. So I am guessing it would be a she. :)

#5 virumor

virumor

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:04

Kind of a chicken-or-egg situation if you ask me.

#6 Dolmari Gamble

Dolmari Gamble

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:26

I just think it's very childish to be sleeping inside your own universe, when different baddies can get you. Maybe hang out with other dreamers, crash into their universes.

HyKUWYb.png

#7 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:30

I guess the whole universe is just the First Dreamer's dream. I am also inclined to say that this might be our ''White Lady'' from Dreamfall. So I am guessing it would be a she. :)

Whole universe as dream has a sense since Abanaxus's words - this is a dream and when dream will end...my guess is that everything will end. Asd for White Lady i think that it was White Dragon.

But it was said in game that Dreamer can shape the reality - so i don't think so that whole universe is a dream but certain things are releated to Dreamer's dream - now Dreamer is sick and twin worlds are sick too.

#8 Dolmari Gamble

Dolmari Gamble

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 16:14

But it was said in game that Dreamer can shape the reality - so i don't think so that whole universe is a dream but certain things are releated to Dreamer's dream - now Dreamer is sick and twin worlds are sick too.

Well, it's difficult to imagine whole universe being a mere dream. But if u can think of, say, a meta-universe, things will make somewhat more sense. Luxe's body we see is most likely not the "real" one, and there might as well be another universe where Dreamers live and which, in turn, is someone else's dream. Cool, eh?

HyKUWYb.png

#9 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 March 2015 - 16:18

I think the concept borrows from Hinduism, where the whole Universe is merely the dream of Vishnu (I think), and when he wakes up the world ends and is "restarted" again when he falls asleep again (beginning of the "next cycle"). Of course, Dreamfall is only borrowing bits and pieces from here and there (the Storytime, Einganna, etc are from the Aboriginal -native Australian- tradition/religion) so we can't come to definite conclusions on how this "works" in the TLJ universe.

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#10 Ravenwoods

Ravenwoods

Arcadia Native

• Journeyman
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 16:24

It really looked Feminine to me but genderless would be cooler.

#11 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 March 2015 - 16:32

Lux is First Dreamer. Faith was Dreamer. Zoe is Dreamer.

#12 Luelle

Luelle

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 March 2015 - 17:01

Hi, I've been lurking in the shadows for months reading your theories but I've finally decided to join you  :)

Regarding the theory that the First Dreamer Lux is the Azadi Goddess - I completely agree with you. And another thing - Bip was surprised when he found out that the Azadi don't know the appearance of their Goddess. On the other hand, the Dolmari culture knew every little detail about its deities, like hair color etc. And when Zoe saw Lux she couldn't even tell his/her gender, everything about this kid was ambiguous. There are no statues or icons representing the Goddess, only some symbolic images. Is those things somehow related? Why don't the Azadi know anything about the appearance of their goddess? Is it because Luz/Goddess is so ambiguous? 

• CosmicD, Mr Moo, Igelwelt and 1 other like this

#13 Emmote

Emmote

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 22:48

Have to wonder though, if the universe is Lux's dream, and if Lux dies, the universe ends... who or what is the Undreaming?

Is it a part of Lux's subconcious incidiously eating away at the dream? Is it Lux's illness corrupting the dream? Is it a force from outside the universe? How did Westhouse wake it up?

So many possibilities.

• Mr Moo, Pawlo_86 and Igelwelt like this

--Emmo

#14 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 March 2015 - 22:55

Yeah. There are tons of questions about Dreaming.

Who is First Dreamer and why is sick?

What are Dreamer ablities?

Why some people can became Dreamer?

How Eingana is releated to Dreaming?

Why Undreaming was chained and then unchained?

• Mr Moo, Igelwelt and Ravenwoods like this

#15 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:59

http://tlj.wikia.com/wiki/Creator

First Dreamer?

#16 Dolmari Gamble

Dolmari Gamble

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:04

Hi, I've been lurking in the shadows for months reading your theories but I've finally decided to join you  :)

Regarding the theory that the First Dreamer Lux is the Azadi Goddess - I completely agree with you. And another thing - Bip was surprised when he found out that the Azadi don't know the appearance of their Goddess. On the other hand, the Dolmari culture knew every little detail about its deities, like hair color etc. And when Zoe saw Lux she couldn't even tell his/her gender, everything about this kid was ambiguous. There are no statues or icons representing the Goddess, only some symbolic images. Is those things somehow related? Why don't the Azadi know anything about the appearance of their goddess? Is it because Luz/Goddess is so ambiguous? 

Yeah, i missed that conversation thread with Bip. I have to say though that i noticed a stained glass window in the Mother Whateverhernameis that depicted a rather radiant woman. I just assumed it was their goddess

Yeah. There are tons of questions about Dreaming.

Who is First Dreamer and why is sick?

What are Dreamer ablities?

Why some people can became Dreamer?

How Eingana is releated to Dreaming?

Why Undreaming was chained and then unchained?

First Dreamer is apparently an omnipotent being from some other (meta- if u will) universe. As to the cause of illness - Lux probably forgot to wear a scarf on a windy day or something like that.

You can dream worlds, how about that, huh? Just like real life dreaming, but way cooler. Also, evidently not the case with "Secondary dreamers" - they can only influence the existing universe so much.

Why some people are taller than others?

In the same way as the Engine, I gather.

Probably a catchy metaphor, or maybe Lux was on medication? Who knows? Ragnar.

P.S. Oh, so brave person who voted male, on behalf on all men living on earth I thank you.

HyKUWYb.png

#17 frederic09

frederic09

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:32

When i saw Lux for the 1st time, i was like "huh? she looks like Etta, but older"

Maybe she's Etta's mom?

• Mr Moo likes this

#18 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 14:54

Welcome!

Bip was surprised when he found out that the Azadi don't know the appearance of their Goddess.

How do you trigger this conversation? I don't remember it.

#19 Luelle

Luelle

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 March 2015 - 15:10

How do you trigger this conversation? I don't remember it.

It triggers after you pass the gate from the Old Town. Then Bip shows up and starts talking. Maybe you shouldn't follow him immediately; just stay in one place and let him talk  :)

• Mr Moo likes this

#20 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 15:21

It triggers after you pass the gate from the Old Town. Then Bip shows up and starts talking. Maybe you shouldn't follow him immediately; just stay in one place and let him talk  :)

I remember he was cut off when going to the meeting place. I'm always in too much of a hurry. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dreamer, Book2, Spoilers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users