318 replies to this topic

#81 isThatAHippo

isThatAHippo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 19:05

It's two days. We've only been waiting 9 ... damn ... years! I think somehow we can all survive another two days. :) Me I'm right in the middle of an audio theatre production which I really should get done. The delay is actually rather welcome. :)

Oh, I see what you did there. Crow  :P !

• merryawe likes this

#82 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 10 March 2015 - 19:06

I'm now picturing Robo Ragnar with built in anti-troll missles. :P

"Please tone down your venom . You have 20 seconds to reply." ;)

• agirlnamedbob, TalkingOak, Veen Friend and 1 other like this

#83 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2015 - 19:07

Best news for me. I wondered how I could restrain myself from an all nighter of dreamfall while I got my last universities exam tomorrow. Now that's solved :).
  • khh, GistOfSpirit, Mr Moo and 3 others like this

#84 Yuriko

Yuriko

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 19:08

:D  I'm "lucky" that I've amassed a very large chunk of PTO because of being such a workaholic.  I can't think of many other things better to use my PTO on!

And all I can say is that on Thursday, people better watch the heck out for me as I speed home from work!!!!

Please drive safely!

• mayor_meathammer likes this

#85 Endril

Endril

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 19:17

At least I have the (dubious) satisfaction of being right - I said I was expecting a two days delay, now there is a two days delay. The (potentially) bad thing is: release on Thursday --> GOG will only put it online on Monday.

And, as a (I quote) "relevant backer" (hehe), I approve of cancelling the early access altogether.

• khh likes this

#86 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 19:21

At least I have the (dubious) satisfaction of being right - I said I was expecting a two days delay, now there is a two days delay. The (potentially) bad thing is: release on Thursday --> GOG will only put it online on Monday.

RTG are aiming for simultaneous Steam, GoG and Humble release on Thursday.

And, as a (I quote) "relevant backer" (hehe), I approve of cancelling the early access altogether.

Me three.

• khh likes this

#87 focuspuller

focuspuller

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 19:22

We do appreciate the support and that we have so many awesome fans jumping to our defence every single time. Just remember to be nice and civil to everyone else, even the critics! Especially the critics. And thanks a bunch for the apology — I'm sure everyone completely understands and empathises :)

This is the BEST forum.

My honest reaction is one of slight disappointment, but only slight. If one were to go by simply the previous quality of work, it's easy to get excited over the end results.

I would like, in regards to backers (like myself), for there to be an option to play what you have so far, assuming what you currently have is not truly game breaking. Assuming such an option was possible, perhaps "beta-testing" this new chapter could be helpful if we report possible bugs, crashes, etc? Those that would be playing would be doing so with the understanding that what is on-hand is not ready, and can be possibly helpful to you? You would also be potentially killing two birds with one stone, hopefully no crows. My two cents.

Otherwise, I know the end results will be special and I look forward to it!

#88 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 19:59

This delay is of no real consequence. At most Ragnar receives a message on his screen "Consequence: You have chosen to delay the release by 48 hours and steam users are angry" If only you could turn these messages off :D

(Just don't release to steam and delay GOG/humble till Monday cause that will very much suck)

(link to kickstarter update)

We are working to put together something special for early access backers next month,
however, and we will update you on that as we get closer. It should hopefully be a nice surprise!

Ragnar/RTG: Can you confirm this will be available to all early access backers and not just steam users this time?

• agirlnamedbob, toremygg, Em_TC and 2 others like this

#89 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 20:04

This delay is of no real consequence. At most Ragnar receives a message on his screen "Consequence: You have chosen to delay the release by 48 hours and steam users are angry" If only you could turn these messages off :D

*slow clap* ... *hat tip* 

• Crowboy likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#90 Jennifer

Jennifer

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 20:04

An extra two day delay is definitely no big deal.  I'm just glad that it's getting the time to be as smooth of an experience as it can be.

• Vainamoinen likes this

#91 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 20:08

An extra two day delay is definitely no big deal.  I'm just glad that it's getting the time to be as smooth of an experience as it can be.

A propos "smooth" — are you OK with the controls in the meantime?

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#92 Dreamincolours

Dreamincolours

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 20:14

It's a shame those bugs popped up at the very last moment, but I understand that you guys decided to delay the game for it to turn out the way it's intended to be. After all, for us it only means a few more days of waiting, while for you at RTG it means working crazy hours and lack of sleep for even longer. Hope you guys get to relax for a few days after it does come out!

Thanks for wanting to release an amazing bugfree game for us!

(and saving me from several sleepless nights on workdays... :P)

#93 Oktalist

Oktalist

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 March 2015 - 20:18

Fine by me. It'll make a nice birthday present.

I really should've voted in the release date guessing game.
  • agirlnamedbob, khh and Tomer like this

#94 DollyDagger

DollyDagger

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 20:39

Hah, this actually works out nicely for me as well - I'd been planning to do a last-minute playthrough of Book 1 to lock in all my final choices, and then yesterday other things happened instead. Thought I'd have to rush through it impatiently this morning, but now I can take my time and get properly immersed, all ready for Book 2.

Once again, the universe rewards me for procrastinating!

Sympathy and support for everyone at RedThread working so hard to bring us a wonderful game. If I lived nearby I would bring you muffins to keep your strength up.

• khh, Yuriko and Pawlo_86 like this

#95 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 20:53

82hd6.jpg

"Backers will remember this"

• Tina, toremygg, Eveolene and 1 other like this

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#96 Em_TC

Em_TC

Fringe Café Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 10 March 2015 - 20:54

Definitely pretty disappointed, but (like so many of us have said here) I understand and would much prefer a hopefully-much-less-buggy release. And a 2 day delay isn't that bad.

Hopefully those not as in touch with the backer and forum updates, or even development in general, will be as understanding. (So what I'm saying is, I'm going to steer clear of the Steam forums for awhile. Basically.  :P).

• khh likes this

#97 Justanne77

Justanne77

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 21:02

:) Thanks for the update post Team RTG and all your hard work. I can wait :crow:

#98 Sarph

Sarph

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 21:03

The Steam forums are actually somewhat under control - there are a few trolls, but hey, it's Steam forums. There isn't a huge wave of negativity, which might indicate that the hype/awareness levels aren't that high? *shrugs*

Hopefully Steam will bring chapter 2 to the front page once it's out :)

And if I was in Oslo, I would definitely consider stopping by with some Peppes but, alas, it is a bit too far away.

#99 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 21:04

I thought I'd be disappointed and frustrated, but I am not as it was expected in regard of the news from these past days. Actually, it does even add a little more excitment to this great event.

I just hope Humble will triple-check the integrity of the build they upload this time! I do not want a repeat of the corrupt Book One disaster...

Thanks RTG for your hard work! I can't wait to spend quality time with Zoë again. :)

• Edreamer Jamil and khh like this

#100 Jennifer

Jennifer

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 21:10

A propos "smooth" — are you OK with the controls in the meantime?

Although the pop-in hotspot control method does make me dizzy, and I would definitely love an optional alternate method of control that lets you hover your mouse over hotspots without the pop in effect since that would put a stop to it, any dizziness that I get is not bad enough that I can't deal with it.  

The first book's story was engrossing enough that I broke my play time up into separate chunks so I could play through and experience the whole thing without getting so dizzy I'd get physically sick (and I found the story so good that I actually did it twice so that I could play through the second main path too), and I'm definitely willing to do it again for the next chapter.

• Edreamer Jamil, Vainamoinen, mayor_meathammer and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users