#61 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:08

On the side note: did any PayPal backers receive the Kickstarter update e-mail? 

I think those of us who are not into social stuff would like to know about the delay...  ;)

No I didn't recieve any updates at my gmail for today.

Some recieved, some delayed and some never came. And yes I've cheked Spam box they are not there.

They are qualified as a promotional material. Might arrive later today though.

• Justanne77 and merryawe like this

blasted be the balance

#62 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:14

My only complain about the delay, is that we have that Message today and not yesterday.
I Was lined up to play today, and told my famely and freinds to NOT Call me today, because i'm playing DreamFall C.

so please RTG if u are more delayed give US information in good time.

Now RTG keep on working, so the game Will be as you want it, and we will all enjoy it.
  • Veen Friend likes this

#63 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:16

My only complain about the delay is that we have that Message today and not yesterday - i Was lined up to play and told my famely and freinds to NOT Call me today because i'm in stark and arcadia so please RTG if u are more delayed give US information in good time -

Now RTG keep on working so the game Will be as you want it and we will all enjoy it

My guess is that they always want to release things in promised time and they work on it untill last minute. When they fail then they write the update. See for how long time they wanted to release Book Two in February.

• Sha'nie likes this

#64 Sarph

Sarph

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:17

Yesterday Deponia was on sale at 80% (still is, I'm not ashamed to admit I spent 7 hours on it, can strongly recommend!), and today Cities:Skylines comes out, so all in all the timing is good. :)

• TheDreamer likes this

#65 mayor_meathammer

mayor_meathammer

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Location'Murrica

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:18

I'm a little bit bummed by the delay as I took today and tomorrow off of work for unabated DFC play time, but really, I'm fine with it.  I would rather that RTG take all the time needed to get everything worked out because I know that they'll eventually deliver an amazing experience like they always do.  *Note to self: Take a whole week off for each Chapter release to allow for bug-fixing and more importantly, more play time!!!*  :)

Keep it up, RTG!  You guys are awesome!  :wub:

...Welp, nothing left to do but catch up on anime and Guild Wars 2!

• WorldsReunited, khh and NeilClaimer like this

What are these d*cks you speak of?

#66 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:19

Yesterday Deponia was on sale at 80% (still is, I'm not ashamed to admit I spent 7 hours on it, can strongly recommend!), and today Cities:Skylines comes out, so all in all the timing is good. :)

YAY! I totally forgot about cities:skylines! Thanks for the reminder.
  • Sarph likes this

#67 isThatAHippo

isThatAHippo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:23

I'm a little bit bummed by the delay as I took today and tomorrow off of work for unabated DFC play time, but really, I'm fine with it. 

Wow that's dedication!

• mayor_meathammer and blaster like this

#68 mayor_meathammer

mayor_meathammer

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Location'Murrica

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:33

Wow that's dedication!

:D  I'm "lucky" that I've amassed a very large chunk of PTO because of being such a workaholic.  I can't think of many other things better to use my PTO on!

And all I can say is that on Thursday, people better watch the heck out for me as I speed home from work!!!!

• khh, Yuriko and isThatAHippo like this

What are these d*cks you speak of?

#69 Veen Friend

Veen Friend

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationDenmark, Køge

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:33

My only complain about the delay, is that we have that Message today and not yesterday.
I Was lined up to play today, and told my famely and freinds to NOT Call me today, because i'm playing DreamFall C.

Hi Sha'nie, please call your famely and freinds and tell them that we are practicing english spelling and grammar.  :P

Hopefully one family and how many friends?

#70 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7390 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:40

Well I wasn't going to be able to have any time with the game till Friday anyway so the delay dosn't affect me much.

But it is good to see a company deadicated to getting the best product posible out to gamers. There are some companies who would just press that green button and get the game out, its great that RTG isn't one of those. :)

• GistOfSpirit and Yuriko like this
The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#71 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:41

Okay, I know everyone was just making fun of me for a (admittedly pretty hilarious) typo, but can we please refrain from teasing people about spelling and grammar? This is an international community where everyone is at different levels of fluency and I won't want anyone to feel ashamed of posting because their English isn't good enough. 

• Tina, TalkingOak, khh and 15 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#72 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:42

Yesterday Deponia was on sale at 80% (still is, I'm not ashamed to admit I spent 7 hours on it, can strongly recommend!), and today Cities:Skylines comes out, so all in all the timing is good.  :)

It actually went live on steam 55 minutes before the time they'd announced.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#73 isThatAHippo

isThatAHippo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:43

Yeah it feels like nowadays most Triple A developers just send the game out with know issues and use the gamers as their testers. Then you're stuck playing a broken/buggy game for a week until a patch is released.

While it sucks that these bugs popped up I'm glad they'll take the time to fix them instead of rushing out a broken game.

#74 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:47

In one hundred years we'll be laughing at this. Except we'll be dead.
  • agirlnamedbob, khh, Riaise and 4 others like this

#75 Leonard Zelig

Leonard Zelig

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCologne (Germany)

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:50

A 24 hours delay would have really annoyed me (because I'm out all day on Thursday), but 48 hours is fine. So I still have four days time to play it before my vacation. I hope the developers can make a short vacation, too. After all it's not an MMO as The Secret World or Arnachy Online, where you have to release updates constantly.

• Sha'nie likes this

#76 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:51

The game must be really big if even after TWO WEEKS delay it still can't release in time.

Well, we only ever announced ONE date: March 10th. We had originally hoped to release by the end of February, but that was never certain — it's hard to lock down a release date way in advance.

The game is done, but when last-minute bugs are reported, we have to respond. With a game this big and with this many paths — MANY paths — there's much that can go wrong. And things did. And we responded to it.

We could maybe have released tonight, but then we wouldn't be confident about the version and would have spent the next week biting fingernails and probably dealing with customer support. Up until a few hours ago, we thought we'd be able to make it. But since we need to make (a) new version(s) we didn't want to delay until tomorrow; instead, to be sure, we gave ourselves an extra day.

It's for the best, I promise. And while we don't like waiting until last minute to delay, sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

• Tina, WorldsReunited, khh and 9 others like this

#77 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:52

In one hundred years we'll be laughing at this. Except we'll be dead.

Maybe YOU will be dead. In a hundred years, I'll still be responding to angry posts on Steam.

• Tina, Jecica, Edreamer Jamil and 27 others like this

#78 The_Blind_Guardian

The_Blind_Guardian

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:52

It's two days. We've only been waiting 9 ... damn ... years! I think somehow we can all survive another two days.:) Me I'm right in the middle of an audio theatre production which I really should get done. The delay is actually rather welcome.:)

• Yuriko and isThatAHippo like this

#79 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:57

It's two days. We've only been waiting 9 ... damn ... years! I think somehow we can all survive another two days. :) Me I'm right in the middle of an audio theatre production which I really should get done. The delay is actually rather welcome. :)

Waiting 8 years for sequel to Dreamfall was very painfull. Waiting for Book Two is much less - we can always play Book One :)

#80 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7390 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 10 March 2015 - 19:02

Maybe YOU will be dead. In a hundred years, I'll still be responding to angry posts on Steam.

I'm now picturing Robo Ragnar with built in anti-troll missles. :P

• toremygg and mrKnask like this
The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users