318 replies to this topic

#21 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:16

As a programmer, I personally don't think it's smart to take only 48 hours when you've uncovered there are still critical bugs (even if they're fixed, as the Email suggests). I'd prefer to have a delay of a week at least, which gives RTG more time for appropriate testing. I hope they know what they're doing!

Some of us have been doing this for more than twenty years. So yeah, we do!

• Em_TC, GistOfSpirit, CosmicD and 4 others like this

#22 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:17

well, at least i'll be on time for work tomorrow.

See you all Thursday and we;ll do this again.

It's actually a ploy — we're just teasing and withholding release to keep you guys busy and engaged. We have NO intention of releasing Thursday; expect another delay, followed by another, followed by—

Nah. Just kidding. But thanks for all the support, everyone! It helps SOOO much, you have no idea. The last thing we want is angry backers. Happy, positive, supportive backers are the fuel we run on!

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 15 others like this

#23 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:18

Be nice, not everyone knows the terrifying facts of game development!

It's not always code. In fact, it's often NOT code. In this case, it was a combination of smaller things — a collider in Book One that had mysteriously changed, for example — that just popped up.

The thing with building a game is that every time you fix one bug, another two appear. If you're lucky, they're small enough to not matter, but in this case we've been generating pesky bugs as we've been squashing others, and so a delay was necessary.

Maybe we could have made it tonight: everyone here is ready to work through the evening to ready a new release candidate, but it'd be very risky, and we want to steer clear of risk whenever possible. We risked it with Book One, it went okay, but there were still too many bugs.

And that's something we want to avoid this time around.

You're right, and I apologize again for having lost my cool for a moment there. I'm just frustrated by the fact that people choose to assume that you and the rest of the team have been silent about what's going on on your end instead of checking, and then make posts that, at least on the surface, appear to be indignant.

#24 Tamahome

Tamahome

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:18

You also have to take into account that people are excited for the game, and delays are always welcomed with mixed response. But most of the time delays happen quite a bit in advance before the original release date, not the day the game was supposed to be out. It's not a pleasant feeling being excited to play just to find out you have to wait longer and even though it's only 2 days. Especially on the release date. Some people might have taken time off work, others might have waited all day or skipped classes (I skipped my Uni classes this afternoon) so I think it's okay for people to vent and feel bad about this. But no one should be attacking developers, or each other about how they feel in regards to this.

• TheDreamer, NeilClaimer and Sha'nie like this

#25 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:20

You're right, and I apologize again for having lost my cool for a moment there. I'm just frustrated by the fact that people choose to assume that you and the rest of the team have been silent about what's going on on your end instead of checking, and then make posts that, at least on the surface, appear to be indignant.

We do appreciate the support and that we have so many awesome fans jumping to our defence every single time. Just remember to be nice and civil to everyone else, even the critics! Especially the critics. And thanks a bunch for the apology — I'm sure everyone completely understands and empathises :)

This is the BEST forum.

• Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob, khh and 9 others like this

#26 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:22

We do appreciate the support and that we have so many awesome fans jumping to our defence every single time. Just remember to be nice and civil to everyone else, even the critics! Especially the critics. And thanks a bunch for the apology — I'm sure everyone completely understands and empathises :)

This is the BEST forum.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that it's at the point that tempers are high, but frustration surely is, and that coupled with the fact that you can't tell tone of voice through text makes for some irritated and irritating posts all around.

• TheDreamer and Sha'nie like this

#27 Anouk

Anouk

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:22

Take your time Red Threat.

I just wait a few days longer. fine by me. Good luck with all the stress!

#28 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:25

I would have thought that I'd be disappointed, but I'm actually not. I started posting the update before I'd actually read it, and once I was done I'd sort of processed it all in the background and was fine with it.

• agirlnamedbob, bongboy, maDSaint and 1 other like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#29 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:26

Take your time Red Threat.

...right back to SJW: The Game. ;)

Also, I'm OK with all this. Decision correct. Continue please.

And send that team home for today or go out for a few beers.

• WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob, khh and 2 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#30 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:26

Another delay. I expected this. Well let's hope that it is last delay and Book Two will release in two days. Good Luck RTG Team!

#31 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:28

I would have thought that I'd be disappointed, but I'm actually not. I started posting the update before I'd actually read it, and once I was done I'd sort of processed it all in the background and was fine with it.

I think because its not being delayed over a weekend... its not really that bad.
  • khh and debro like this

#32 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:29

I think because its not being delayed over a weekend... its not really that bad.

You can't be so sure about this untill release...

#33 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:30

Not yet, anyway. If they have to delay it until Friday, GOG/humble users will almost definitely have to wait until Monday. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

#34 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:30

I am disappointed, but not for the reasons I (probably?) should be? I don't know. It'll pass. Today is kind of a cluster fuck. 

In the end, disappointment or not, I'd rather have a more polished game and hopefully a simultaneous release that takes two more days than a rushed release full of bugs and all of that song and dance. 

So yeah. Good luck with the final polishing. Don't kill yourselves. Get sleeps. Have a beer. Or coffee. Or Irish coffee. Whatever floats your particular boat right now.

• Vainamoinen, khh, GistOfSpirit and 2 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#35 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:31

You can't be so sure about this untill release...

well.. I go on the information available, not what might be.

#36 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:32

Not yet, anyway. If they have to delay it until Friday, GOG/humble users will almost definitely have to wait until Monday. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

Yeah, let's not do the "what if" yet please. The update says that if possible they will go for the concurrent release. That's the positive thing to keep.
  • WorldsReunited, khh and Mr Moo like this

#37 isThatAHippo

isThatAHippo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:32

I hope there really is a "big green button". Where would one buy a green "push my video game to the relevant distribution platform" button?

#38 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:33

It just occurred to me that another reason why I got so upset is because sometimes it seems like critics act like they're just shouting into the void, and my response is, "Hey! They're going to read that, you know! Show them more respect than that!"

#39 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:35

The game must be really big if even after TWO WEEKS delay it still can't release in time.

#40 merryawe

merryawe

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2015 - 17:37

On a side note: did any PayPal backers receive the Kickstarter update e-mail? 

I think those of us who are not into social stuff would like to know about the delay...  ;)

• khh and Justanne77 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users