As a programmer, I personally don't think it's smart to take only 48 hours when you've uncovered there are still critical bugs (even if they're fixed, as the Email suggests). I'd prefer to have a delay of a week at least, which gives RTG more time for appropriate testing. I hope they know what they're doing!
Some of us have been doing this for more than twenty years. So yeah, we do!