137 replies to this topic

#81 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 December 2016 - 16:25

There is footage only from Book One and Book Two. Very dark.
So The Final Cut will release March 2017?

#82 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 December 2016 - 16:27

Well, I mean. All things considered, for spoiler reasons they probably want to pull most of the footage from earlier in the game. 

As far as the "Final Cut" or whatever. I know it's been stated in the past that they would need to get that done before console release. So. Whether that means it'll be out at the same time as the console versions or before or what...no idea. Hopefully we'll get some official word on where all of that is at soon. :/ 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#83 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 18:00

I just watched the trailer. It seems some things have changed, visually.

#84 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4004 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 02 December 2016 - 19:45

Planned release date is March...... i'll say April ;)
  • Teller and timbo like this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#85 Leonard Zelig

Leonard Zelig

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCologne (Germany)

Posted 02 December 2016 - 19:59

There will NEVER be a console disc version of Chapters. Ragnar has declared the cost to be prohibitively expensive. It's just not a popular enough game, sadly.

The PS4 release is PSN only, and will remain that way.

I'm glad that you were wrong and I was right. ;)

https://pbs.twimg.co...30zWQAA9KqR.png

#86 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 December 2016 - 20:11

To be fair, Ragnar himself said it'd be digital only multiple times because it would be too difficult / expensive...and they weren't going with a publisher.

I'm guessing the difference here, since it does look like we're getting a physical release, would be that they have the backing of a publisher to handle some of that. That's what made it feasible for Life is Strange. 

But yeah. Curious for more details as they become available. 

• NeilClaimer likes this

#87 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 20:59

Omg, I'm so excited!!! That box is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen (Look at Zoe!!!) and I was 100% not expecting a physical release. That's a very nice touch. So I'm guessing they'll release the PC, Mac and Linux Final Cut digitally around the same time or maybe a few weeks earlier. I mean if they'll have to press it to disks and get all the copies out to stores, that'll take a few days at least after they've already perfected it. They'll probably wait to send out the physical Kickstarter copies for PC/Mac/Linux once they've made all the other rewards which could take a few more months.

March looks to be very exciting! Syberia 3 is also releasing then, another Unity game announced the same month DFC was in November 2012!

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#88 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 December 2016 - 13:27

I hope that they will publish also box edition for PC! Do you have any news about that? I really need PC box fot my collection.

#89 timbo

timbo

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 03 December 2016 - 16:10

I just watched the trailer. It seems some things have changed, visually.

Out of interest, what did you see that was different?  I couldn't see much difference 

#90 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 16:35

Out of interest, what did you see that was different?  I couldn't see much difference 

One thing, mainly. But I'm not 100% sure.

Spoiler

#91 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:17

The lighting was drastically different in some scenes, particularly during the raid. I noticed that when Book Five came out, they updated pretty much all of Book One's lighting, especially in Friar's Keep. It was way different, as striking as when they first rereleased it on Unity 5. And so they've probably updated the rest of the game the same way.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#92 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:30

I've contemplated getting a ps4 before I knew they were going to put DFC on there, so this might make me a little more interested.  Even if it sells well RTG doesn't have the rights to put TLJ and Dreamfall on PS4 do they?  I'd love to play TLJ on my 65" with updated graphics of course

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#93 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:05

I've contemplated getting a ps4 before I knew they were going to put DFC on there, so this might make me a little more interested.  Even if it sells well RTG doesn't have the rights to put TLJ and Dreamfall on PS4 do they?  I'd love to play TLJ on my 65" with updated graphics of course

RTG don't have the rights to put TLJ or Dreamfall on the PS4, correct. They've also stated that they're not interested in going back and improving the graphics of old games, they would rather make new ones. Funcom could do all of those things if they wanted to, but I would be very surprised indeed if they did.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#94 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:06

And what about box edition on PC? Please, make than happen.

#95 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 December 2016 - 15:18

Unless their deal with their publisher extends to the PC version (as far as printing copies and distribution goes) I don't think we can expect to see a PC physical copy beyond the Kickstarter ones (and the German one).

They've stated in the past multiple times that it's not going to happen, so something would have to change to make it suddenly feasible.

#96 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 December 2016 - 15:59

What? But it's without any sense! TLJ and DF were PC games, PC players suppoorted DF Chapters and now they are ignored? A lot of people hate digital games, prefer box editions, including me. I've supported the game from the beginning and I really want box edition for my collection. Please make this happen!

P.S. This German edition has English voices on disc? Or this is just Steam copy inside the box?

#97 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 04 December 2016 - 16:13

In fairness mate, physical version of games have been totally dead on PC for the last 10 years. Special editions aside. Game stores here in the UK don't even have a PC section anymore. For some reason the Germans like to get a box with a steam key in it... everyone else moved on a long time ago.

The PC players that supported the game are getting physical versions as part of the reward, so don't worry about us :) Mine will most likely go on a shelf and never get used once i've done admiring it.

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

#98 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 December 2016 - 16:21

In fairness mate, physical version of games have been totally dead on PC for the last 10 years. Special editions aside. Game stores here in the UK don't even have a PC section anymore. For some reason the Germans like to get a box with a steam key in it... everyone else moved on a long time ago.

The PC players that supported the game are getting physical versions as part of the reward, so don't worry about us :)

In Poland we also prefer box versions, I really don't understand why should I buy something digital, something I can't put on my shelf and touch it? I don't understand you people from UK and USA. Box editions are very important, digital edition is a trash for me.

I've supported Chapters, yes, but I haven't paid enough to get phisical disc, because I was so sure that in Poland later there will be phisical edition with Polish voices and subs. But it hasn't happened, so now I need any phisical edition for my collection. If it would be possible, I paid more in the Kickstarter, but it's too late now, that's why I'm asking RTG to publish not only phisical version for consols but also on PC.

RTG - PC players support you so long, so you have to thank them by publishing box edition for everyone, not only for this small number of people who will get box edition thanks to Kickstarter.

#99 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 04 December 2016 - 16:28

You might get lucky and a deal is done for your country, but I don't know why anyone would be sure it would be so, since its always been clear it's a digital only release.
The fact consoles are getting a boxed version has come as a surprise.
If you like the box, I simply recommend you stick with the good old fashioned PS4 version, most console games still come in boxes you can buy in a real world shop <shudder>.

#100 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2293 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 December 2016 - 16:28

Cez, unfortunately, unless things have changed, that is not going to happen.  RTG told us long ago that the cost would be too much.  Honestly, I'd prefer for them to be able to make more games and keep their company open than to run themselves into the ground by creating physical copies of their games.

• Chocobo_sage likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: play station, ps4, console, ps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users