• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#21 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 22:39

This "fanboy-ism" as you call it is a desease that is cured from age I guess ;)

...You know...You'd think that. ...But then I think of all the grown ass people I know who are some of the worst ones... 

• mrKnask likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#22 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 22:42

Ah that story! Well... I know similar things from times with Atari and Amiga in the 80ies. This "fanboy-ism" as you call it is a desease that is cured from age I guess ;)

(But who knows what an "Atari" or an "Amiga" is in our days!)

I know. Not of the Atari first hand, as I never touched one, but I owned an Amiga. :lol: This means I'm getting old. :(

#23 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 February 2015 - 22:52

I had a ZX Spectrum. 48k. A friend of mine had an Amiga and I secretly envied him while never admiting to it publicly. I would praise the Spectrum above all (it was an incredible game machine for its time... :))
  • Riaise, Anarkigut and Idinyphe like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#24 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 23:08

(But who knows what an "Atari" or an "Amiga" is in our days!)

I do I do, Had an old Amiga (1025 or something?) and later on a 1200, the effing flagship ;) :)

• Idinyphe likes this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#25 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 23:18

...You know...You'd think that. ...But then I think of all the grown ass people I know who are some of the worst ones... 

I kinda feel like one, and I'm "old" (36). But I guess I'm not, it's just that I always have had a playstation, and I've felt comfy continiuing that. After I bought a decent pc (for DFC) I just find myself with even more games I don't have the time to finnish... :P And I really had high hopes for the One, but the start of that box just put me right off. But talking crap about systems? Fuck that!

People who do that shouldn't be allowed to call themself gamers. Full stop.

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#26 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 23:39

I remember the days when you had to buy a sound card separately, as computers weren't sold with such advanced and expensive luxury.

And it isn't really a long time ago. :P

• Bruno and Idinyphe like this

#27 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1848 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 28 February 2015 - 00:54

I wish I still had my Amiga. It was the best machine I have ever owned (actually I had 3 of them growing up, A500 a CD32+SX1 and an A1200). RTG should do an Amiga port instead of that crappy PS4 one they keep going on about :)
  • Veen Friend likes this

#28 Leonard Zelig

Leonard Zelig

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCologne (Germany)

Posted 28 February 2015 - 23:18

Look for posts from Ragnar on the forum. He's talked about it a couple times in the last few weeks.  Basically, getting DFC onto PS4 is dependent on upgrading the engine to Unity 5 -- and Unity 5 isn't out yet.  They're still hoping for midyear, but it's a little outside their control right now.

Unity 5 was announced a year ago and there's still no release date. But I still hope it can be used in Book 3-5 and has a better performance than Unity 4. Until then I play with 15 fps; if PC gamers in the 90s could get used to this framerate, I also can. ;)

A PS Vita version would be amazing, but I think that would take too much time for optimising. Unless Sony develops the port as they do with Resident Evil: Revelations 2.

#29 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 01 March 2015 - 00:07

Unity 5 was announced a year ago and there's still no release date.

Then again just in the last couple of weeks quite a few Kickstarter teams I'm following have been moving to Unity 5 builds, presumably using the Beta

In particular Shroud of The Avatar, Republique on PC and the intended next patch for Wasteland 2, so presumably the engine is getting more reliable for teams to use.

#30 Chope49

Chope49

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 19:54

No release date yet? I don't wanna buy it for pc but the wait time is starting to get to me.

#31 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7107 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 March 2015 - 20:06

You might be interested in these posts Ringtail linked to earlier. RTG want PS4 to be out ASAP, they just don't know when ASAP will be.

PS4 version is still hamstrung by in-development Unity support: we can't finalise that until Unity-for-PS4 supports everything we need, which means porting everything to Unity 5.0, and that's not happening yet. Fingers crossed, it won't take long. We really do want to get books one + two out for console this spring.

Also, remember me promising that the PS4 version wouldn't negatively affect our PC/Mac/Linux timelines? So that's still the case. It wasn't bullshit. The two are NOT connected and the desktop versions will release as soon as they are ready, polished, tested.

Yeah, nothing is 'delayed'. We were always vague with the promises & the dates, because there's really no way to know — we can only guess. And we're still guessing! Right now, it's all hands on deck for Book Two, and on March 11th we'll see where we're at with…everything. Book Three, PS4, other…things. And then we'll let everyone know.

If I'm being forced to guess — and I'm not, so I'll probably regret this — I'd say the PS4 version will be out either just before or just after Book Three. Probably the latter, since it'll make sense to wait. But we'll see. It's Unknown Territory, innit.

• Edreamer Jamil and agirlnamedbob like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#32 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 01 March 2015 - 23:13

Then again just in the last couple of weeks quite a few Kickstarter teams I'm following have been moving to Unity 5 builds, presumably using the Beta

In particular Shroud of The Avatar, Republique on PC and the intended next patch for Wasteland 2, so presumably the engine is getting more reliable for teams to use.

It definitely is, although the PS4 version is lagging somewhat behind the PC version. The latter is definitely usable and a big step up from Unity 4. We will be porting the PC version over, so hopefully by the time we get to Book Three, we'll see how it helps visually and in terms of performance: maybe there'll be a marked difference, maybe not. We won't know until we do it!

• Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob, khh and 5 others like this

#33 Anouk

Anouk

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 01 March 2015 - 23:27

I play the game with a ps4 controller and i love it. Works fantastisch!  (So people if you have an ps4, use the ps4 controller with the pc for a ps4 feeling)

• Morten and mrKnask like this

#34 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3095 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:48

It definitely is, although the PS4 version is lagging somewhat behind the PC version. The latter is definitely usable and a big step up from Unity 4. We will be porting the PC version over, so hopefully by the time we get to Book Three, we'll see how it helps visually and in terms of performance: maybe there'll be a marked difference, maybe not. We won't know until we do it!

Since we're on the subject: Wouldn't Unity 5 require a more powerful system than 4? I'm guessing not, from your post, but it's a bit counter-intuitive for me so I wanted to make sure.

#35 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6154 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:54

Since we're on the subject: Wouldn't Unity 5 require a more powerful system than 4? I'm guessing not, from your post, but it's a bit counter-intuitive for me so I wanted to make sure.

Oh I really do hope that exactly the opposite is the case... that's what "in terms of performance" means. ;)

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#36 Leonard Zelig

Leonard Zelig

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCologne (Germany)

Posted 22 June 2015 - 17:09

Any news about the PS4-version?

#37 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 June 2015 - 17:12

Any news about the PS4-version?

Yes and no. Still no date. But Morten just posted in the most recent update that they are working on porting everything to / getting everything running in Unity 5, hopefully in time for Book 4. And the PS4 version is dependent on that happening. So...progress!

#38 Mivey

Mivey

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 13:35

Yes and no. Still no date. But Morten just posted in the most recent update that they are working on porting everything to / getting everything running in Unity 5, hopefully in time for Book 4. And the PS4 version is dependent on that happening. So...progress!

But they haven't given a schedule for that, right?

I could image that working on finishing the game, and porting it toa a newer version at the same time might be a lot of work. So it might be more practical to first finish and then port it. Though obviously some preliminary work (understanding the necessary steps and planning ahead) can be done earlier.

#39 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 June 2015 - 13:54

Well I mean... When it was announced originally, it was supposed to be out in Q1.

But the port to Unity 5, etc, ended up delaying things a bit. But based on what Morten said about the port and everything, I'm pretty sure they're still hoping to get it out before the PC version is finished.

But I could be wrong.
  • khh likes this

#40 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 28 June 2015 - 16:35

I seem to recall reading somewhere (recently) that they said they want Book 4 and 5 to be in Unity 5.

Yes! I found it! (link) (of course, anything may happen, and this may not be directly related to the PS4 version, but still important)

• agirlnamedbob, khh and NeilClaimer like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: play station, ps4, console, ps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users