2 replies to this topic

#1 MrMamen

MrMamen

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 13:47

There are clearly people who are able to communicate through the divide. In TLJ the Vanguard are able to track April in both worlds. Since shifting is extremely rare, and we see no other shifters there has to be some other way. How?

#2 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 February 2015 - 15:36

I'm curious about that as well. As you said, it's clear that there are methods of communication beyond actually travelling (shifting) between the worlds (which is a rare occasion anyway) and that's one part of the TLJ lore that hasn't been given any focus in the past.

Given what we already know, I could make one assumption (propose a method) of such communication, though: Dreams! They are said to (naturally) cross the Divide and maybe it's possible that even before the current dream-related crisis (and Wati's manipulation of them) there are methods (spells, etc.) where one could "focus" dreams enough to facilitate even a full conversation between the two worlds.

• Audra likes this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#3 isThatAHippo

isThatAHippo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 16:14

I was thinking that maybe there were a way to communicate between worlds during TLJ. If you remember during those two games, there was a bit of "a bleeding effect", where parts of Arcadia where appearing in Stark. There was a Banda that appeared in The Fringe Cafe, a forest appeared in The Border House, and Fiona mentioned seeing an underwater city or something too. I think at that time the Divide was becoming thinner so to speak, so maybe it was easier for the Vanguard to find a way to communicate between the worlds. I haven't play TLJ in some time so my recollection of the events of the game may be a little spotty.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users