Photo

Book 2 Trailer and Screenshots discussion (big spoilers!)

Screenshots Book 2

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#81 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 24 February 2015 - 15:50

Wait a minute, "coming soon for ps4 and IOS? Is that IOS version going to be the "RecApp" ? Or a real version of the game ? Or a companion app illustrating your choises ?

#82 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2877 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 24 February 2015 - 15:56

WHAAAAT? Now I'm curious!
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#83 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 February 2015 - 15:57

Really hope that the Crow glimpse doesn't just stay a crow glimpse in the episode. Crow supposedly was part of the rebels, but nowhere to be seen during the Enclave snippets (by the way - I love what they did to the Enclave). The trailer leaves the actual return of everyone's favorite bird open - painful, that is. A single human word spoken by Roger Raines would have confirmed that Crow really is back. As of yet, we don't have that.

Friedman and Roman, hah, what an unholy alliance. Now I really hope they're not exactly "evil" and in fact even out to help or otherwise align with Zoë's goals.

I also maintain the 'white space' theory that Zoë may just not be able to fully transition to Arcadia any more on account of already dreaming when activating the Dreamer...

As I said in the other thread: That snippet in the trailer actually made me slightly more "anxious" if everything is ok regarding the return of Crow (and his voice), because isn't it established that he doesn't speak "crow-ish"? (aka, doesn't make this kind of sounds, aka that wasn't *the* Crow?). I really really hope that Roger's "absence" from the trailer isn't indicative of any (extremely) sad news, but instead a "mystery is important" choice for maximum "sidekick impact".

Also, I don't think there are many chances of Friedman -or Roman!- being on the side of angels.

The trailer as a whole was great and I think demonstrates how choke-full of major events Book 2 will be. There is something negative though that caught my attention: all the action-packed animations looked extremely clunky. I know it won't affect me personally (I would be ok even if the story was delivered in a "still pictures with voice-over" format) but if I noticed it over a trailer it will definitely put many non-fans off the game. And unfortunately I know that this is the result of the budgetary restriction so not easily fixable. I just wish RTG could afford to hire 2-3 more animators ...

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#84 isThatAHippo

isThatAHippo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA, USA

Posted 24 February 2015 - 16:04

Wait a minute, "coming soon for ps4 and IOS? Is that IOS version going to be the "RecApp" ? Or a real version of the game ? Or a companion app illustrating your choises ?

Yeah this caught my eye as well. Especially since the Kickstarter campaign fell short of "The Small Screen" stretch goal.

• CosmicD likes this

#85 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 24 February 2015 - 16:05

Well, the iPhone HAVE gotten bigger since the kickstarter :P

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#86 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 16:06

As I said in the other thread: That snippet in the trailer actually made me slightly more "anxious" if everything is ok regarding the return of Crow (and his voice), because isn't it established that he doesn't speak "crow-ish"? (aka, doesn't make this kind of sounds, aka that wasn't *the* Crow?).

Nonononono.

And that was almost a year ago, when RTG knew nothing about voice actors yet...

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#87 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 February 2015 - 16:10

Right? Looking forward to see if they mention/explain that in the update we hopefully get with the trailer. 

...Actually, scratch that, everything teasery they say will probably just help twist this knot in my stomach further. 

• CosmicD likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#88 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 24 February 2015 - 16:16

Yeah this caught my eye as well. Especially since the Kickstarter campaign fell short of "The Small Screen" stretch goal.

I only noticed after watching the trailer for the 4th time. (still need to see it more times :P)

Anyways, about crow, could it just be that we'll know how he ends up being a talking bird ?

#89 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 16:26

Anyways, about crow, could it just be that we'll know how he ends up being a talking bird ?

We know already. He specialized. ;)

• urzagc13 likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#90 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 February 2015 - 16:29

Maybe during this last year he went to acting school to learn how to pass as a non-human-talking crow. ;)

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#91 deckarde

deckarde

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Posted 24 February 2015 - 16:46

Am I just being paranoid or was April's voice in the trailer? It's probably not the case...

Arm yourselves with what you long for and what you used to dream about

---

One should make his decision within the space of seven breaths.
It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break right through to the other side.

---

#92 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 February 2015 - 16:56

Am I just being paranoid or was April's voice in the trailer? It's probably not the case...

I suppose you refer to the phrase "we've been waiting for a chance to show the Azadi we're not running scared." , right? It's definitely similar but I think it's not Sarah Hamilton's voice (I recognized her voice immediately the moment Etta spoke in Book 1, but here I don't). It's probably Anna (the redhead girl) talking there.

And, by the way, is anyone able to figure out what she's saying to Kian before the "kiss her/run away like hell!" (lol) choice? I pride myself for my understanding of English but I can't tell what words are uttered there even after repeating the part many times.
  • CosmicD and isThatAHippo like this

#93 isThatAHippo

isThatAHippo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA, USA

Posted 24 February 2015 - 17:00

And, by the way, is anyone able to figure out what she's saying to Kian before the "kiss her/run away like hell!" (lol) choice? I pride myself for my understanding of English but I can't tell what words are uttered there even after repeating the part many times.

According to Youtube captions she said "happy band".

But I think she said "I've been bad in the past" or "I've been banned in the past".

#94 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 February 2015 - 17:01

"I've been burned in the past." is what I got out of it. 

...*sigh*... 

• NeilClaimer likes this

#95 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 24 February 2015 - 17:05

"I've been burned int he past." is what I got out of it. 

...*sigh*... 

Why do you HATE her so much? What has she ever done to you? Come on, have an open mind! She's a lovely girl possibly could be she's evil or maybe she's just trying to seduce Kian for a bit of fun or oooh maybe something else? but at least give her a CHANCE, why don't you?

Jeez.

Also: Roger Raines is officially on board as Crow. He wasn't an easy man to find, but we found him and he's excited about returning!

EDIT: And so what she's been burned in the past…is that HER fault? Are you victim-blaming? Just because she chooses to share? Double-jeez!

EDIT: Adding a smiley just in case :)

EDIT: Not sure why I added the smiley. I should trust you guys to understand my words. It was a safety-smiley. I might edit it out. I dunno. Jeez, guys, get off my back already.

• wandrew, Tina, Jecica and 20 others like this

#96 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 February 2015 - 17:13

Why do you HATE her so much? What has she ever done to you? Come on, have an open mind! She's a lovely girl possibly could be she's evil or maybe she's just trying to seduce Kian for a bit of fun or oooh maybe something else? but at least give her a CHANCE, why don't you?

Jeez.

She looks suitable for raising Kian's babies aka Birthmother, so he's all ... er .. in. :lol:

Also: Roger Raines is officially on board as Crow. He wasn't an easy man to find, but we found him and he's excited about returning!

happy-puppy-loves-tickles.jpg

EDIT: And so what she's been burned in the past…is that HER fault? Are you victim-blaming? Just because she chooses to share? Double-jeez!

EDIT: Not sure why I added the smiley. I should trust you guys to understand my words. It was a safety-smiley. I might edit it out. I dunno. Jeez, guys, get off my back already.

The past of Birthmother is of course forgiven! :D

• wandrew and agirlnamedbob like this

#97 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 February 2015 - 17:15

Ragnar, you just made my day! With (the true) Crow on board there's no longer any doubt that Book 2 will be the most awesome experience of the decade!

And thanks everybody for "subtitling" Anna for me: burned indeed!
  • agirlnamedbob and NeilClaimer like this

#98 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 17:18

I hav no words. Well maybe one.
Crowwwwww <3
  • Edreamer Jamil, mrKnask and NeilClaimer like this

#99 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 February 2015 - 17:31

Jeez.

STOP SHAMING ME FOR MY INNOCUOUS OPINIONS ABOUT FICTIONAL CHARACTERS RAGNAR! THIS ISN'T TWITTER OR TUMBLR!

:P

Also huzzah for the return of Roger Raines! 

• Edreamer Jamil, NeilClaimer, debro and 1 other like this

#100 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 February 2015 - 17:57

Yeah, I've gotta go with Ranar on this one - Anna seems like just the sort of girl I'd fall for. If it wasn't for April.

And, you know, fiction.

• WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and Mr Moo like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screenshots, Book 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users