Photo

Book 2 Trailer and Screenshots discussion (big spoilers!)

Screenshots Book 2

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#41 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 21:22

Kian mentioned Utana once before: "I was always true to my word. Garmon and Utana taught me well." So maybe she serves as a mother of sorts to motherless children?

Ooh - I'd forgotten that. Good catch! And i would bet you're right about the other person in the "glitch" photo being one of the Six. Maybe Utana is playing chaperone?
  • agirlnamedbob and CosmicD like this

#42 Anouk

Anouk

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 20 February 2015 - 21:45

I'm not gonna watch these pictures..........ok just one........oh what the hell i watch them all.  Lovely! I like them a lot. I think there are a lot of choices to make in book 2.  so 20 ours replay time is normal for me i guess. can't wait!

• khh likes this

#43 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2737 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 February 2015 - 21:59

(3) "Mother Utana" is interesting. I guess "mother" is an honorific, like "Sister Sahya." I wonder if she's supposed to be one of the Six? She looks somewhat older than what the Six appeared to be in Dreamfall.

Yeah MOTHER Utana so she can be very high ranked in Azadi. Is she The First? Was Kian her Apostle?

#44 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 February 2015 - 22:13

Oh my god! I misstook Kians hood for terrible hair! That's so wrong!

Not just you :(
  • deckarde likes this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#45 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 23:54

Well, the screenshot description from the Kickstarter update link describes the place Zoë meets Abnaxus as "the Purple Mountains". That doesn't sound quite Storytimey to me.

So, if Zoë lands there using the Dreamer...

...why the underwear instead of arriving there fully clothed in Arcadian attire, like last time...?

I have a theory. ;) ;) ;)

• NeilClaimer likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#46 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 February 2015 - 23:59

Well, the screenshot description from the Kickstarter update link describes the place Zoë meets Abnaxus as "the Purple Mountains". That doesn't sound quite Storytimey to me.

I made it Storytimey in my brain with this thought train:

Purple Mountains --> Purple Hills --> Purple Pills --> Psychedelics --> Other State of Mind --> Storytime!

:sohappy:

(edit: so okay, the drugs --> storytime is maybe a leap, but whatever :P)

• Teller likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#47 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 711 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 00:01

Anna made an appearance in concept art in the PC PowerPlay preview.
  • khh likes this

#48 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 February 2015 - 00:04

I have a theory. ;) ;) ;)

I still feel like it could be an in between place. We don't know yet. :P

My actual rough thought process went something like "What the hell theory could he be...wait...maybe...oh, goddammit." 

Anna made an appearance in concept art in the PC PowerPlay preview.

Did she? ...Were there any details? I don't remember this. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#49 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 711 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 00:51

Nope, just background to the feature.

#50 Neptin

Neptin

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:23

Screenshots look great! Can't wait to play

: // we all have our #differentreasons.com

#51 Thundex

Thundex

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:57

This may be just a guess and I could be wrong :P. But with the song/poem about Kian's Mother in the first book could Mother Utana possibly be Kian's Mother. I haven't played the first book in a while but if I remember right she vanished. So it's possible she's still alive?

#52 maskedgeekgirl

maskedgeekgirl

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 13:48

Did she? ...Were there any details? I don't remember this. 

Yes, she did. Like wandrew said there weren't any detail, but here is the image:

Spoiler

It makes sense that she'd have a relationship with the other rebels, potentially, but the notion of her developing a relationship with Kian seems...sudden.

Yeah, I'm a bit afraid we'll get a repeat of the superfluous and completely out of the blue relationship between Zoë and Damien. I'm not against a romance storyline, but I'd like a bit of build up before they fire the cannons. Then again could be Anna's not interested in romance at all and just want to get into Kian's pants. (More power to her if that's the case.)

This may be just a guess and I could be wrong :P. But with the song/poem about Kian's Mother in the first book could Mother Utana possibly be Kian's Mother. I haven't played the first book in a while but if I remember right she vanished. So it's possible she's still alive?

What Kian said about his mother in book one was:

"I have only one memory of my mother. She held me close one night and sang an old song, from her country. [...] That night, she threw herself from the city walls into the shallows. Her body was never found. For the longest time, I would climb those walls, balance on the edge and close my eyes. I always thought I would join her in the darkness, in that cold, cold sea."

Which I guess leaves the door open for his mother being alive, since they never found the body. But if Utana is Kian's biological mother I'd wonder why she'd keep it a secret?

• wandrew, CosmicD, Thundex and 1 other like this

April: I've got noose for you, my friend.

Kian: I've been staring at that thing for so long, maybe the two of us should get a... broom.

Zoë: Also, no groceries to cook with. I'm cook-blocked.

Dorkfall: The silliest puns

#53 Thundex

Thundex

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2015 - 13:56

Yeah I don't know why Utana would do that. Personally I don't know as much about the lore as some of you guys do lol. So I could be completely wrong! I just know when I saw the screenshot that was my first thought. Because why else would they call her the Azadi Mother? There is an answer out there I bet but I don't know it!

#54 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 14:01

Kian said he lived on the streets after his mother disappeared. Maybe Utana took hims off the streets and raised him. Well, we will know soon enough who she is.

• Thundex likes this

#55 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 February 2015 - 14:02

About the purple mountains, Kickstarter Update #10 makes it seem as if they are part of Arcadia:

In their own, beautifully melodic language, they are the Oular -- children of the purple mountains -- but in Alltongue they are Manggoy, ape-people, strange and dangerous denizens of the northern mountains.

and

And in Dreamfall Chapters, you will need to travel to the northern mountains to find the Oular, and convince them to part with something very, very important.

Also, every time I see "Abnaxus of the Venar" I read it as "Abnaxus of the Year". :lol:

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil and WorldsReunited like this

#56 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 February 2015 - 14:23

Yeah I don't know why Utana would do that. Personally I don't know as much about the lore as some of you guys do lol. So I could be completely wrong! I just know when I saw the screenshot that was my first thought. Because why else would they call her the Azadi Mother? There is an answer out there I bet but I don't know it!

The Azadi live in a matriarchal society, so "Mother" is probably a title of some kind.

• toremygg and Thundex like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#57 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 21 February 2015 - 14:26

I keep on thinking about that Anna character, she seems to belong to the rebels but she has a non arcadian name. So she came from stark :) What's up with that :P

• spyked and NeilClaimer like this

#58 Vostrino

Vostrino

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 14:54

why does the pictures have explanations on it...

it seems unnecessarily spoiler-y...

#59 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 21 February 2015 - 15:07

On twitter, a user called ‏@IllyMM posted a "comparison" of April's first meeting with Abnaxus and the screenshot of Zoe's meeting with him, which lead to a hilarious thought:

Abnaxus surely goes: "Thank the Balance that girls from Stark are colorclothes-coded for my (temporal) convenience!". I mean if he's having trouble telling which is the first time (from a human's perspective) he's met either of them, the answer is simple: it's the time they're in their underwear!  ;)  :lol:

Also (regarding @IllyMM's comment), "cheeky" is an understatement (if you get my meaning ...  :blush:  :wonk: )

why does the pictures have explanations on it...

it seems unnecessarily spoiler-y...

I assume that these spoilers are trivial when compared to the real/big plot twists of Book 2.

• khh, Ringtail and CosmicD like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#60 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 21 February 2015 - 15:42

Also, every time I see "Abnaxus of the Venar" I read it as "Abnaxus of the Year". :lol:

Hey - to the Venar, he *is* the Abnaxus of the Year. Of *every* year, in fact! :D
  • Edreamer Jamil, Riaise, CosmicD and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screenshots, Book 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users