Photo

Book 2 Trailer and Screenshots discussion (big spoilers!)

Screenshots Book 2

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#21 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 20 February 2015 - 15:13

That's how I used to interpret it as a kid , I guess they never heard about it in Arcadia :)

• Tina and mrKnask like this

#22 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 15:39

What sand-witches? (I get the joke but I didn't see the word mentioned anywhere).

#23 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 February 2015 - 15:41

It's in screenshot #4. Behind the Azadi who looks like he's about to punch a kid in the face.

• Indrid Cold likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#24 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 15:56

I hadn't noticed that. I wonder if the Azadi heard they exist in Stark but didn't know how to spell it? Could be because someone from Stark speaking English into Alltongue told them (like Westhouse became West-house).

I also wonder if "Fire flowers" is a reference to Super Mario, and crossed out because of a trademark.

#25 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 20 February 2015 - 18:15

Red Thread Games posted the new screenshots on their imgur page as well and they contain additional information in the form of their captions (and a brief sentence/description for each). For example, the red-headed girl is "Anna".

Edit: I'm going pic-by-pic now, the most "important" findings are:

- The picture with Abnaxus and the other guy is called "Among the Oular" and a description of "In the Purple Mountains".

- The praying Azadi is "Mother Utana".

- The long-necked guy with Likho is "Shepherd".

- Mira apparently is analyzing some data about some conspiracy.

- and the "Anna" name I already mentioned.

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and 3 others like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#26 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 18:22

The plot thickens... 

...Though I'm still really surprised how much of a visceral negative reaction I'm having to Kian and the "relationship" with chick person. (Anna...? I don't see that anywhere...?) 

...The Kian section of this Book might just destroy me, if the teased choices are any indication. 

EDIT: Figured out where "Anna" came from. Yeesh. 

(Though seriously, do we have an Anna and a Hanna? This is going to get confusing.) 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#27 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 February 2015 - 18:46

Na'ane the healer? That's new, isn't it?

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#28 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 20 February 2015 - 18:46

Oh my, Kian has a girlfriend? :huh:

(not in my playthrough)

• Tina, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 2 others like this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#29 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 20 February 2015 - 18:50

I can see the next infographic already: "0.5% chose to pursue a relationship with Anna. They misclicked."  :P 

@khh: I assume Na'ane know some basic healing spells as well. (you're right, it's new info though).

• Tina, Jecica and NeilClaimer like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#30 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 18:54

Na'ane the healer? That's new, isn't it?

In b4 "WHERE WAS SHE IN THE OPENING CUTSENE THEN." :P

Oh my, Kian has a girlfriend? :huh:

(not in my playthrough)

Hah. xD 

To be fair, we don't know. They could be doing tricksy things here. 

...Though I'm opposed to a potential relationship for Kian in the game. ...But something about this specifically is bugging me. No idea what. 

I'm going to try to withhold judgement until I learn more about the actual character. 

But I got both eyes on you, "Anna"...If that's even your real name. 

giphy.gif

• Teller, khh, spyked and 1 other like this

#31 deckarde

deckarde

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Posted 20 February 2015 - 19:09

Oh my god! I misstook Kians hood for terrible hair! That's so wrong!

• wandrew, kellkerrick, Indrid Cold and 1 other like this

Arm yourselves with what you long for and what you used to dream about

---

One should make his decision within the space of seven breaths.
It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break right through to the other side.

---

#32 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 19:37

Edit: I'm going pic-by-pic now, the most "important" findings are:

- The picture with Abnaxus and the other guy is called "Among the Oular" and a description of "In the Purple Mountains".
- The praying Azadi is "Mother Utana".
- The long-necked guy with Likho is "Shepherd".

Thanks! I will update the OP with the imgur link when I get home, too.

(1) Oular - yay! I was right!
(2) The long-necked guy is a Samare. We saw one on the Shady Quay docks in Dreamfall.
(3) "Mother Utana" is interesting. I guess "mother" is an honorific, like "Sister Sahya." I wonder if she's supposed to be one of the Six? She looks somewhat older than what the Six appeared to be in Dreamfall.
  • wandrew, agirlnamedbob and Pawlo_86 like this

#33 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 19:44

From what we've gathered, the Six are all supposed to be young (18-25 year old virgins), so I very much doubt she's one of them. However, we know very little about what happens when someone vacates a post as one of the Six. Like...once you get too old to be one, what happens to you? She could have been a previous member of the Six. Or maybe just a  high ranking priestess. 

• debro likes this

#34 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 20:22

after my first impression i analized the screenshots and realized they leave more questions than answers!

in this screenshot:

Spoiler

Someone is surrendering to the eye? the shadow shows someone (most likely a woman) is walking with open arms

and is that flat cigarette a bug? or is it supposed to look like that?

• agirlnamedbob likes this

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#35 maskedgeekgirl

maskedgeekgirl

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 20:25

Thanks! I will update the OP with the imgur link when I get home, too.

(1) Oular - yay! I was right!
(2) The long-necked guy is a Samare. We saw one on the Shady Quay docks in Dreamfall.
(3) "Mother Utana" is interesting. I guess "mother" is an honorific, like "Sister Sahya." I wonder if she's supposed to be one of the Six? She looks somewhat older than what the Six appeared to be in Dreamfall.

Kian mentioned Utana once before: "I was always true to my word. Garmon and Utana taught me well." So maybe she serves as a mother of sorts to motherless children?

Personally I think the person standing next to Utana in Ragnar's glitch screenshot is supposed to be one of the Six. Mostly because she has a sun tattoo on her forehead. Azadi blessings involve light, "May the Light of the Goddess etc.". So it makes sense to me that they'd give their most holy individuals sun tattooes.

• Tina, agirlnamedbob and inspector like this

April: I've got noose for you, my friend.

Kian: I've been staring at that thing for so long, maybe the two of us should get a... broom.

Zoƫ: Also, no groceries to cook with. I'm cook-blocked.

Dorkfall: The silliest puns

#36 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 20:36

I'm going to chalk the flat cigarette up to graphics. I wouldn't read too much into it. The tone of the image implies that if they're surrendering, it's maybe confrontational or trying to prove a point. I'm more curious as to who it is, though. 

Kian mentioned Utana once before: "I was always true to my word. Garmon and Utana taught me well." So maybe she serves as a mother of sorts to motherless children?

Good catch. I forgot about that. ...I wonder if maybe she's the one speaking at points in the Book Two announcement trailer...?

• NeilClaimer likes this

#37 pancakeghost

pancakeghost

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 20:52

I'm gonna have to sit here as The Lonely Protector of Anna because wow so much dislike is directed at her already, poor kid only brushed a fully clothed Kian with her hands and people are getting ready to chop them off and burn. I'm silently judging you all. Just a bit. ;)   

• Tina, Jecica, agirlnamedbob and 2 others like this

#38 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 20:59

S'okay. I've been Kian's protector since the Kickstarter, so I feel you. :P

To be fair, my giving her a hard time is mostly joking. We literally know nothing about the character yet. And I don't think my "dislike" of her (if you can even call it that) stems from her touching Kian. :P Something is just making me feel uneasy about her. But I'm hoping she'll surprise me once we get to the game and I'll end up really liking her. 

#39 pancakeghost

pancakeghost

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 21:06

Tbh I'm not too excited about her right now either and I think it might be because she appeared out of nowhere (unlike Enu and Hanna who we knew about before) and already seems to be close to one of our main heroes, so this being her first appearance leads to confusion and caution. Like whoooa, where did you come from, what did I miss. (At least with the other new characters, like Shepherd, we get some sort of character description, in this case resistance leader. I guess Anna is too connected to resistance but what do we really know. Nothing. Just that she has really nice hair.)

• Tina and agirlnamedbob like this

#40 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 21:14

You know, you may have actually hit on what's bothering me there. Indications seem that only about a week or so has passed since Book One and this is a new character. It makes sense that she'd have a relationship with the other rebels, potentially, but the notion of her developing a relationship with Kian seems...sudden. I guess we'll see how it's handled, if that's even what it is. "Relationship" could mean a lot of things. 

I mean, the last time he suddenly started to try and trust a woman he'd barely only met but felt some sort of connection with, she ended up stabbed and he ended up in prison, soooo... ...I'd think the boy would have some trust issues there. 

It's possible that maybe Kian will have some sort of similar connection-type-feeling to Anna, but that leads us to the whole April-Saga-Anna thing that was briefly mentioned elsewhere and I'm not sure I'm remotely ready to go down that speculation path.

WHO ARE YOU ANNA?! WHAT IS YOUR GAME?!

• Edreamer Jamil, Ringtail, spyked and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screenshots, Book 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users