Photo

Book 2 Trailer and Screenshots discussion (big spoilers!)

Screenshots Book 2

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#321 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 21:30

Yeah. I'm sure if RTG would release the original images, we could probably work it out at this point, but they only showed them for a second, no one has a copy, and they haven't posted them anywhere or explained it officially. Either for reasons of "They've had a lot to do" or reasons of "May still contain spoilers." 

I'm a fan of the theory that clock hands may be a reference either to the HoAW's "Unstuck In Time" nature...or (more likely, IMHO) a reference to the fact that time will pass and we will see Saga grow and change. The bird and the radio... I think a lot is dependent on the specific details we're lacking. (I strongly suspect that the whole thing somehow works out to Saga = Lady Alvane. ;)

I found it in Tina's initial index post in the "What has RTG been up to?" thread. So, all credit to the queen. :)

Okay. So the reason why that's hilarious is because it was Tina who brought that tweet up in one of the threads where we were discussing Roman, but she thought maybe they made that comment in an interview or a comment somewhere. And we were all like "Yeah, I remember that..." but none of us could remember where the hell it was from. So I scoured the internet for a while and came up empty. 

So apparently if either Tina or I had thought to check her own index, we would have solved this months ago. 

...You guys, if it's this bad and Book Two isn't even out yet, I'm going to be a wreck by Book Five. Yeesh. 

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, khh and 5 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#322 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 05 March 2015 - 21:37

I also think that the "Radiobird McClockhands" clues (that I somehow failed to notice or forgot about seeing them even though I was in Journeycon, lol) are still "relevant" and "spoilery" regarding Saga's "future" (and identity), given that we learned very few things about her in Book 1 anyway.

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Riaise and 1 other like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#323 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 21:54

I think it was just referring to the House of All Worlds.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#324 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 21:59

imagesearchradiobird.png
  • Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob, khh and 5 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#325 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 05 March 2015 - 22:03

Lol, that IS indeed the first picture that Google Image search gives if you enter Radiobird McClockhands! (and also includes the profiles of many of us here later down the page, as shown in V's screenshot  :D )

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#326 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 22:06

And the pope cat I posted!

...But yeah, that happens from time to time when you google something DFC related. Especially before the game was released. Was a little weird the first time I image searched for something and saw my avatar in the results. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#327 isThatAHippo

isThatAHippo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA, USA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 22:14

Apparently the people behind Among The Sleep had already figured out the baby as the third playable character thing. RTG even threw a plug for the game in a Kickstarter update from last June as little hidden tease.

• khh likes this

#328 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 06 March 2015 - 13:14

I found it in Tina's initial index post in the "What has RTG been up to?" thread. So, all credit to the queen. :)

And re: the Radiobird McClockhands pictures, I would absolutely love to see those, now that we've seen Saga. Pretty please, RTG? 

+ Erika's post

Haha, cool. I'm surprised it's in there though. I really thought that initial tweet came a long time after I no longer had time to update that index thing. I don't think I've added anything there since we moved to this forum. But, now that I think about it, it's really good that I transferred the thing over here, since the previous forum is gone. 

Also, with the Radiobird McClockhands; since this thing still doesn't quite "make sense" when it comes to Saga, I'm thinking the pictures may still be spoilers of WhatToCome. Some clues to who Saga is, or will grow up to be during the game, or something similar. Since Journeycon was before the episodic split decision etc. (I think I've said this before, so sorry if I'm repeating myself :))

• agirlnamedbob likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#329 Anouk

Anouk

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 06 March 2015 - 19:11

omg...after the weekend we can play book 2!!!

• Edreamer Jamil, MichaelH and mrKnask like this

#330 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 06 March 2015 - 19:52

Yeah :D

I guess I should finish my third/main playthroughof book one soon... :unsure:

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#331 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2279 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:07

Finished my latest playthrough yesterday...now I want to play again, but don't want to mess up any of my choices...*sigh*...just need to be patient and wait for Tuesday, then sit at work all day and wait for it to be over so I can go home and play...luckily I have Wednesday off!

• Anouk likes this

#332 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:10

If you *don't finish* the Book (quit the game without playing the part with Saga for example) your choices will not transfer to the next Book, so you can play all you want, just stop before the end and you won't mess up your original choices.

#333 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 07 March 2015 - 18:20

Yep, when I played the second time, I didn't play until the end. I don't think there are any choices in the last Saga part, so I didn't really see a point in playing through that (yet) :) After I've played Book 2 the first time, I'll just play through that part, and go directly to the next book to make my "other choices" storyline :)

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#334 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:18

Yep, still seeing the prophet's silhouette. Even more clearly now.

BdJvRn8h.jpg

Edit, the image quality has degraded when cutting it from the original. Check the original for better quality.

So, how's that "prophet in Book 2" theory coming along? :)

• khh, Indrid Cold and debro like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#335 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:26

I never said he will be in book 2.
In fact it doesn't make sense, since meeting the prophet should be a climax storywise.
What's more, both book 1 and book 2 had this image in them. I believe this scene was not yet introduced, and will be nearing the end of the game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screenshots, Book 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users