Photo

Book 2 Trailer and Screenshots discussion (big spoilers!)

Screenshots Book 2

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#281 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 21:37

odds are good he's a little shit, to be honest.

Just like Mira. ;)
  • agirlnamedbob and Idinyphe like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#282 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 21:39

Actually, let's keep the bip glorification to a minimum until we find out he's not a Damien. :blink:

"Not a Damien" in the sense that he won't seduce Zoe and use her for his own ends?  Or "not a Damien" in the sense that he's not an essentially unremarkable flat character who isn't worth of any kind of speculation whatsoever?

#283 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 21:39

Heh, my guess is that he's a sneaky little orphan bastard with no other choice than to be sneaky because the Azadi occupation. And his story gets mixed up with the "heroes" and he helps save the day. Like, nothing new under the sun, but knowing Ragnar and co. they'll make something special out of an old story... :)

• Veen Friend likes this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#284 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 21:49

"Not a Damien" in the sense that he won't seduce Zoe and use her for his own ends?  Or "not a Damien" in the sense that he's not an essentially unremarkable flat character who isn't worth of any kind of speculation whatsoever?

"Not a Damien" in the sense that you'd better not get used to him because he might be wearing a red shirt.
  • agirlnamedbob, Riaise, Dmm and 1 other like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#285 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 27 February 2015 - 22:11

That's quite a depressing occupation, especially for an orphan.

Actually, let's keep the bip glorification to a minimum until we find out he's not a Damien. :blink:

That would make him a notorious BIP

coat.gif

• Vainamoinen, Ringtail, Riaise and 4 others like this

#286 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 23:05

That would make him a notorious BIP.

FANTASTIC.

And if you don't know, now you know you know! :D
  • Edreamer Jamil likes this

#287 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 February 2015 - 00:06

About the perfection argument. Tell me which one looks best when looking at you're girlfriend:

-Oh, she's perfect  :wub:

-Oh, she's kinda good, one could almost say she's perfect, but we all know perfection is a concept not applicable in real life because...[bla, bla bla]

If someone called my girlfriend perfect I might well object, aye. Maybe that's why I'm single.

No, of course you can argue semantics, no problem with that.

The problem comes when you start missing the point of the read read because of the discussion.

(Note: "you" meaning anyone, not you).

Hey, I kept the worst semantics confined to parenthesis. :P

I think the seaman is leaking quite a lot these days, we might want to fix that door :P

Nah, the forum is just reverting to it's natural state.

It is April's long lost son whom she became separated from due to the Azadi.  So the wild speculation begins.

Now it's my turn to feel uncomfortable :P

Just like Mira. ;)

Mira's not a shitting shitty shit, she's just got a bit of a foul mouth. She does care about people, you can see that even in the trailer.

I'm looking most forwards to Enu, actually. She seems so cool.

• WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and CosmicD like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#288 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:12

If someone called my girlfriend perfect I might well object, aye. Maybe that's why I'm single.

I actually can't think of a circumstance in which I would call my significant other perfect that wasn't just laced  with sarcasm. Or an instance where they would call me perfect where I wouldn't laugh in their face. 

So... ...I'm with you. ;) (Suddenly why it's always us having these debates makes so much more sense...)

Mira's not a shitting shitty shit, she's just got a bit of a foul mouth. She does care about people, you can see that even in the trailer.

I'm looking most forwards to Enu, actually. She seems so cool.

Having a good heart does not exempt one from being a shit. Mira is totally a shit. And I love her for it. 

Though I am also looking forward to Enu as well. I have high hopes for her character. 

• khh, NeilClaimer and Camillo like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#289 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:02

Having a good heart does not exempt one from being a shit. Mira is totally a shit. And I love her for it. 

Though I am also looking forward to Enu as well. I have high hopes for her character. 

Hmm, I wouldn't call someone a shit (and meant it) that I didn't dislike. So that's probably just me having a different, possibly wrong, interpretation of the word.

Yeah, and she's so stylish.

April Ryan is my friend,

#290 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:11

It probably varies from person to person, but I've seen it used both as an angry deal (read: "LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE FUCKING SHIT!") and as a playful sort of thing (read: *laughing* "Wow, what a little shit.") Kind of like most insults, they can take on a playful tone depending on the context. I generally use it more as the latter. 

Doing a little research, the best I can come to in terms of a definition when using the word to refer to a person is "a mischievous or contemptuous person." So it really could go either way. *shrug* 

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#291 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:14

And what do people think about the rather dark themes of corporate violence, incarceration of dissidents, the rounding up and killing of those "different" from you? This thing is going DARK, baby!

Apropos of this - check out 0:23 - it's the shot of the crowd that "Onor" is addressing. They're all in black hoods that cover their faces. I'm guessing it's some manner of human supremacist mob?
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

#292 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3562 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:02

Maybe they are Onor students? ;)
  • agirlnamedbob and Ringtail like this

#293 Dreamincolours

Dreamincolours

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 14:01

Heh, my guess is that he's a sneaky little orphan bastard with no other choice than to be sneaky because the Azadi occupation. And his story gets mixed up with the "heroes" and he helps save the day. Like, nothing new under the sun, but knowing Ragnar and co. they'll make something special out of an old story... :)

I actually think this picture shows up how he gets mixed into the main characters story. http://imgur.com/a/vphup#1

Cause if I'm not mistaken that boy in the picture is Bip aswell.

• agirlnamedbob, Dmm and mrKnask like this

#294 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 14:11

I actually think this picture shows up how he gets mixed into the main characters story. http://imgur.com/a/vphup#1

Cause if I'm not mistaken that boy in the picture is Bip aswell.

Yep, I agree. Kian probably feels sympathy for him because he knew what it was like for him when he lost his mother and wound up on the streets of Sadir.

#295 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 15:16

It probably varies from person to person, but I've seen it used both as an angry deal (read: "LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE FUCKING SHIT!") and as a playful sort of thing (read: *laughing* "Wow, what a little shit.") Kind of like most insults, they can take on a playful tone depending on the context. I generally use it more as the latter. 

Doing a little research, the best I can come to in terms of a definition when using the word to refer to a person is "a mischievous or contemptuous person." So it really could go either way. *shrug* 

In Argentina is very usual to call someone "hijo de puta" (meaning "son of a bitch") in a friendly way (if possible). The same applies to "boludo" and "pelotudo" which mean something like "asshole", we use it a lot, and although it is an insult, it's used in a friendly manner.

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#296 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 28 February 2015 - 16:33

I always thought that with mira it's a language problem because she substitutes lots of grammer with shitty shitting shit :)

#297 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:01

My understanding is that it will be an automatically downloaded update/patch but feel free to correct me RTG people if I'm wrong.

This is correct. The game will just "keep on growin'" for as long as we're releasing episodes, patches and…surprises. No need to do anything except launch your Steam client and play. (Or wait for a while and then play.)

(Did I just say "surprises"? Never mind, move along, nothing to see here.)

The exception is if you play beta branches or pre-release versions — which might happen — in which case you'll end up with a full re-install (I believe).

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, MichaelH and 7 others like this

#298 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 17:25

oh, so I participated in that bookonebetar branch for optimization of europolis, do I need to fully uninstall the game and reinstall again ?

I already switched back from bookonebeta branch back to normal. So will steam just redownload the entire game ?

#299 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 March 2015 - 17:37

oh, so I participated in that bookonebetar branch for optimization of europolis, do I need to fully uninstall the game and reinstall again ?

I already switched back from bookonebeta branch back to normal. So will steam just redownload the entire game ?

If the game shows as normal Dreamfall Chapters in your steam it will almost certainly work automatically. If it still shows as Dreamfall Chapters [bookonereleasecandidate] then you'll probably have to reinstall or something.

April Ryan is my friend,

#300 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 17:55

Well, I just changed it, Since that europolis public test, I had it on bookonereleasecandidate, It didn't download anything after that to make it similar to the release, so it must be similar ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screenshots, Book 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users