Photo

Book 2 Trailer and Screenshots discussion (big spoilers!)

Screenshots Book 2

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#241 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 00:11

Funny. I'd say that getting a cup of eternal youth and happiness isn't perfect. It's ideal. But now we're really getting down to arguing semantics. 

I'm not even so sure anyone would be eternally happy by having an eternal youth ...

• agirlnamedbob, Bruno and Camillo like this

#242 DollyDagger

DollyDagger

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 27 February 2015 - 00:24

I'm also of the opinion that "perfection" is attainable, just subjective. Love seeing how different minds view the concept - wonder what it says about each of us?

And I'm also of the opinion that this forum = best forum.

• agirlnamedbob, khh and NeilClaimer like this

#243 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 00:35

I'm not even so sure anyone would be eternally happy by having an eternal youth ...

Which is why the cup contained both youth and happiness  :P

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#244 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:28

Dear Lord, you start a thread, give it care, love, and attention, even get some dev involvement, and then bam! Before you know it, it's been overrun with epistemological navel-gazing.

I think we need to refocus on what's really important here, people! Does no one care that at 0:58 in the trailer, we get our first glimpse of Bip? I mean, it's motherfucking Bip, people!

(Totally kidding, BTW, as evidenced by these smilies: :P :D. ;) )

EDIT: But not about Bip. That's totally Bip.
  • WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob, khh and 4 others like this

#245 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3563 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:14

Prefect way to rerail the thread, Andy! :D

And what do people think about the rather dark themes of corporate violence, incarceration of dissidents, the rounding up and killing of those "different" from you? This thing is going DARK, baby!
  • agirlnamedbob and Ringtail like this

#246 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:23

Which is why the cup contained both youth and happiness

So, you lose the ability to feel any emotion but happiness? This sounds like a really undesirable condition.

#247 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:54

Based on the last bits we heard about it, I'm pretty sure you're right. I really doubt we'll see it in Book Two (or rather, at the launch of Book Two). I just hope it doesn't get scrapped. 

We are still planning on including this — but we decided to leave it out of Book Two. There's only so much we could cram in without causing a dimensional vortex of some kind. Unity is teetering on the edge of collapse with this game; we didn't want to push our luck any further.

Our pencilled plan is to get it into (a) subsequent book(s). Failing that, it'll be in the 'Complete Edition'/'Director's Cut'/'Bigger, Longer, Uncut' edition of the game that we plan to release after all five episodes are out — the one that goes on the discs and the USBs.

We do plan to keep our promises, but we have to spread things out a bit: with ten people working in production (that's our current staff on Dreamfall) — and doing testing in addition! — there are limits to our capabilities.

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 5 others like this

#248 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:58

Also, I adore this place. 

Right? This forum is the BEST forum in the world, and I'm not saying that to win points. You guys know how honest — and disagreeable! — I can be, and I mean it: this must be the only place on the internets where people are actually nice and civil and willing to listen and learn and discuss without shouting at each other and being sexist or racist or some other sort of -ist and I'm rambling but GOD I LOVE THIS PLACE.

Between the awful Twitter-ing and the Steam-forum-ing and the Facebook-ing, this is my safe haven, my happy place.

• Tina, Jecica, Edreamer Jamil and 14 others like this

#249 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:16

I don't think it's the ONLY place.  But certainly one of the very, very few.

#250 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:18

I know of other places, and it's usually places where developers talk much. But it's maybe the chicken and the egg problem. Do developers stay away from forums that are toxic ? Or are forums more toxic because developers stay away and users generally only see one side of the gaming uinverse which is that of "customer only" :P

#251 deckarde

deckarde

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:47

Our pencilled plan is to get it into (a) subsequent book(s). Failing that, it'll be in the 'Complete Edition'/'Director's Cut'/'Bigger, Longer, Uncut' edition of the game

Because that's what Brian Boitano would do?

o.o

Arm yourselves with what you long for and what you used to dream about

---

One should make his decision within the space of seven breaths.
It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break right through to the other side.

---

#252 isThatAHippo

isThatAHippo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA, USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 15:12

Our pencilled plan is to get it into (a) subsequent book(s). Failing that, it'll be in the 'Complete Edition'/'Director's Cut'/'Bigger, Longer, Uncut' edition of the game that we plan to release after all five episodes are out — the one that goes on the discs and the USBs.

Wait I'm a little confused. Is there going to be another version of the game I'm going to need to buy after all the episodes are released in order to get the Director's Cut of the game? I thought the version being released was the Director's Cut that we hit at the $1.5 million stretch goal, or is this something different?

#253 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 15:22

I'm just guessing here but it'll probably be a patch after all episodes are out.

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#254 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 15:56

I know of other places, and it's usually places where developers talk much. But it's maybe the chicken and the egg problem. Do developers stay away from forums that are toxic ? Or are forums more toxic because developers stay away and users generally only see one side of the gaming uinverse which is that of "customer only" :P

The first one. If a forum gets toxic, devs don't have the energy to engage anymore. After all, making games is hard work, there's only so much aggravation you can take in addition to that.

You guys are a soothing salve.

• Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#255 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 February 2015 - 15:59

I'm just guessing here but it'll probably be a patch after all episodes are out.

Yup.

• agirlnamedbob, khh, mrKnask and 4 others like this

#256 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 16:14

We are still planning on including this 

Yaaaay. :3

I wasn't trying to imply that I thought you guys were going to let it become a broken promise. I know you wouldn't want that to be the case. I just wasn't sure if it was running into implementation snags or any of the other things that sometimes derail these sorts of things. Best laid plans and all. 

Thanks for the update there. Much appreciated.

Right? This forum is the BEST forum in the world, and I'm not saying that to win points. You guys know how honest — and disagreeable! — I can be, and I mean it: this must be the only place on the internets where people are actually nice and civil and willing to listen and learn and discuss without shouting at each other and being sexist or racist or some other sort of -ist and I'm rambling but GOD I LOVE THIS PLACE.

Between the awful Twitter-ing and the Steam-forum-ing and the Facebook-ing, this is my safe haven, my happy place.

STOP JINXING IT. 

• debro likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#257 DrHouse

DrHouse

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 18:45

About the perfection argument. Tell me which one looks best when looking at you're girlfriend:

-Oh, she's perfect  :wub:

-Oh, she's kinda good, one could almost say she's perfect, but we all know perfection is a concept not applicable in real life because...[bla, bla bla]

Choose one.

If you're wondering what my point is here it goes:

If you spend all day arguing semantics you'll miss the real life.

BTW, technical question for RTG folks, will the new Book be distributed in Steam as an update (meaning auto-download) or will it be a DLC (meaning no auto-download)?

EDIT: Just to clarify, i don't mean payment, I understand we get the full game, I just mean how is it going to be "marked". In other words, will it have its own ID?

• Mr Moo likes this

#258 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 27 February 2015 - 18:57

My understanding is that it will be an automatically downloaded update/patch but feel free to correct me RTG people if I'm wrong.

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#259 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:02

This discussion is causing me to recall "Girl Genius" and Vanamonde's encounter with the perfect cup of coffee. "I'm sure it will wear off." "Good, because he's starting to creep me out."

#260 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:06

Tell me which one looks best when looking at you're girlfriend:

Good thing khh isn't my girlfriend. ;) 

In all seriousness, I agree that there's a point at which arguing semantics isn't helpful. On the other hand, I don't see anything wrong with friendly debate on these things. 

Read: I'd rather have a girlfriend who doesn't mind sparring on weird random topics from time to time. :P

My understanding is that it will be an automatically downloaded update/patch but feel free to correct me RTG people if I'm wrong.

That is my understanding as well, but I'm not an expert on how all of that works. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screenshots, Book 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users