Photo

Book 2 Trailer and Screenshots discussion (big spoilers!)

Screenshots Book 2

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#1 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:03

So let's talk about the new screenshots from Book 2 that were posted here:

http://worthplaying..../19/news/95001/

And which I believe will also be shared in an upcoming Kickstarter update. I don't think the Worthplaying website plays nicely with embedding images, so follow the link to take a look.

(EDIT: Here's the link to the Kickstarter update and here's the link to RTG's imgur gallery, which includes some extra text about each image.)

Beware -- if you're trying to be disciplined about spoilers, don't click!

Okay, so let's talk about all those pretty pictures. My big question -- what's up with the Balance symbol that Abnaxus is wearing? Is it April's talisman, or just a pendant?
  • wandrew and Tina like this

#2 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:36

Probably just a pendant, but it's hard to compare things between TLJ and Dreamfall:Chapters with all the improved graphics now.

I'm more curious about what is the place where Zoe is meeting with Abnaxus (and that other person). She seems to be dressed in the underwear she used when visiting Faith, and there's no background there only blindingly-white light, but if this is again another pocket of the Storytime, it would be quite weird for her to meet Abnaxus there of all people.

• Ringtail and OptoNick like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#3 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:47

Probably just a pendant, but it's hard to compare things between TLJ and Dreamfall:Chapters with all the improved graphics now.

Yeah, upon further research, I think I agree. Abnaxus' pendant is fastened in two spots, and April's (from the Prologue) looks like it's fastened in one:

DFC-april-ryan-dead.jpg

And re: where they're meeting - yeah, it looks sort of like Faith's realm. I wonder if it's a spot where DreamNet bleeds into the Storytime.  

Also, what kind of magical creature is Abnaxus hanging out with?  Is that an Oular? (Compare the ears.)

#4 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:51

I feel like the her in her underwear thing makes sense. She seems to pass through some pocket of the Storytime to get to Arcadia. Since she's in between there, she's not in her Stark clothes or her Arcadia clothes. Though I am curious to see how that area looks, Post-Faith....and it also seems odd that she's meeting these Arcadians in this inbetween state. Does this have something to do with the worlds bleeding into each other thing...?

Really curious about the teased business with Mira...

Also, it looks like Red is getting a little handsy with Kian (in his fancy new outfit)...not sure how I feel about this development. 

• Ringtail and CosmicD like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#5 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:59

I feel like the her in her underwear thing makes sense. She seems to pass through some pocket of the Storytime to get to Arcadia. Since she's in between there, she's not in her Stark clothes or her Arcadia clothes. Though I am curious to see how that area looks, Post-Faith....and it also seems odd that she's meeting these Arcadians in this inbetween state. Does this have something to do with the worlds bleeding into each other thing...?

The best thought I've had about this so far is that, at the end of Dreamfall, when Faith "let go," and before Zoe wound up in Storytime, the world went entirely white.  So maybe that's the natural state of the DreamNet/Storytime crossover point?

Also, it looks eerily reminiscent of the white room in the Matrix.

• agirlnamedbob and CosmicD like this

#6 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:36

That's a thought I can get behind, actually.

Also, unrelated, but a couple of these screen shots really deserve ridiculous made-up captions. 

• DollyDagger likes this

#7 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:45

That's a thought I can get behind, actually.

Also, unrelated, but a couple of these screen shots really deserve ridiculous made-up captions. 

Yeah - like the Na'ane/Likho face-off where Kian is leaning in kinda sideways.. "S'up, bros?"

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#8 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:50

Yeah - like the Na'ane/Likho face-off where Kian is leaning in kinda sideways.. "S'up, bros?"

Right? I kind of picture him saying like "This looks like it might be a bad time, but could one of you help me with one of these buckles...?"

• Ringtail likes this

#9 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:59

...And then sliding out like Thorin.

EiDS7kT.gif

• wandrew and agirlnamedbob like this

#10 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:04

xD HAH...YES. :D

Kian looks just vaguely lost/unaware/in-the-wrong-place-at-the-wrong-time in basically every screen shot where he's facing the camera. Awkwardly so. ...Which I suppose makes sense. 

(Also, theories as to what the hell is going on in the scene where he's similarly framed, but has the full Screed hoodie thing going on and there's the guard and the...grey child...?)

• Ringtail likes this

#11 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:41

Looks like an Azadi soldier either comforting, or finishing up roughing up, a Dolmari girl?

#12 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:56

She doesn't look like a Dolmari, though. Maybe it's just the lighting, but she doesn't look blue enough...and they hair seems too dark. 

#13 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:31

Book Two looks awesome. Some notifications:

Spoiler

#14 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:52

Interesting theory about the "winter" place being "reset" after dreamfall and maybe abnaxus took faith's place there and he's introducing Zoƫ to "stuff" as she first crosses the divide again after using that dreamer ?

About that, it's really interesting how she arrives to use a dreamert in the first place. As she has no memories of her adventures in the story time, she doesn't remember telling people not to use dreamers anymore. So back in the real world, she got curious enough to try it again because she saw that little girl who DID remember her and that encounter - among other things - woke up her feelings of curiocity and also her motivation to try one ? (oh the irony)

#15 spyked

spyked

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:03

Also, it looks like Red is getting a little handsy with Kian (in his fancy new outfit)...not sure how I feel about this development. 

"Beautiful warrior princess"? Well, she certainly has the looks of a warrior.

• wandrew and Pawlo_86 like this

#16 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:05

"Beautiful warrior princess"? Well, she certainly has the looks of a warrior.

Yes! But it doesn't mean that she is Saga. But she can be Lady Alvane lol.

• spyked likes this

#17 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:14

Ahhh. Something to do on the weekend now that I'm not having a visitor and should TBoUT2 not arrive neither one way nor the other...

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#18 deckarde

deckarde

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Posted 20 February 2015 - 14:03

Since Dreamfall only contained excursions into Arcadia (I believe that the story of Longest Journey is a story about Arcadia and the story of Dreamfall is about Stark) it's nice to get to see all the creatures and weird races/spiecies that we didn't see in DF.

Edit:
Does Kian look kind of like  Connor McCleod in one of the last pictures? He has that aweful McCleod hair, in any case.

Arm yourselves with what you long for and what you used to dream about

---

One should make his decision within the space of seven breaths.
It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break right through to the other side.

---

#19 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2877 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 February 2015 - 14:49

Am I the only one who giggled at the sand-witches? xD

• wandrew, Edreamer Jamil, toremygg and 5 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#20 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 20 February 2015 - 15:10

Am I the only one who giggled at the sand-witches? xD

Nope :)

• Tina likes this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screenshots, Book 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users