99 replies to this topic

#41 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:11

Another Kickstarter update tomorrow? Woah!

#42 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:16

As far as I can tell from the announcement, "Steam, GOG and the Humble Store for Windows/Mac/Linux Tuesday March 10th", it's planned as a simultaneous release. It was the discovery of a game breaking bug just prior to release of Book 1 that caused the synchronization problems the there. Hopefully that won't happen again with this extended QA time.

Duh, read it from the phone. Must've missed that part.

Thanks

#43 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:26

The screenshots are spoilery, but not to a point where you won't enjoy the story. They just present some characters we didn't know were going to be in Book Two.

Safe enough really... i'm just a bit too paranoid (you might know that already :P)

EDIT: i just opened every screenshot and i changed my mind... there are a few that give away WAY too much

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#44 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:29

"Too spoilery" is kind of a subjective term. ...I wouldn't be surprised if they're mostly stills from the Trailer we're getting next week, though, so...

I think it should probably go mostly without saying that if you're concerned about spoilers, you should probably avoid anything marked as having screen shots from the game, pre-release. 

Still...for anyone still unsure... above links may be too spoiler-y for some viewers. 

Yeah, this.

Look, if you click on screenshots from an upcoming episode and are surprised there may be spoilers? That's on you, mate.

The same goes for next week's trailer: while it isn't super spoilery, it's definitely going to reveal some major dramatic beats from all chapters. Context will be missing, but if you're already set on playing Book Two & worried about spoilers — just stay away from both trailers and screenshots. There's really no avoiding it.

• Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob, khh and 4 others like this

#45 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:33

@Ragnar

Can you reveal how many chapters will contain Book Two?
  • MisterMetropolis likes this

#46 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:36

Yeah, this.

Look, if you click on screenshots from an upcoming episode and are surprised there may be spoilers? That's on you, mate.

The same goes for next week's trailer: while it isn't super spoilery, it's definitely going to reveal some major dramatic beats from all chapters. Context will be missing, but if you're already set on playing Book Two & worried about spoilers — just stay away from both trailers and screenshots. There's really no avoiding it.

My concern is that a lot of the speculation that came after Book One is already answered by the screenshots (for example:

Spoiler
)

Besides that, the screenshots are not too spoilery by themselves.

#47 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:36

EDIT: i just opened every screenshot and i changed my mind... there are a few that give away WAY too much

I'd look at it this way: It'd be terrible for business for RTG to give everything away in a few screen shots here or in the trailer. Are there spoilers? Sure. But they're not spoilers leaked from somewhere unofficial. They're official. So if that's blowing your mind already, just WAIT until you see what the rest of Book Two is full of. 

Personally, I'm even more stoked now. :sohappy: And I definitely have more questions here than answers. 

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#48 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:38

I'd look at it this way: It'd be terrible for business for RTG to give everything away in a few screen shots here or in the trailer. Are there spoilers? Sure. But they're not spoilers leaked from somewhere unofficial. They're official. So if that's blowing your mind already, just WAIT until you see what the rest of Book Two is full of. 

Personally, I'm even more stoked now. :sohappy: And I definitely have more questions here than answers. 

well me too, that's the beauty of it all! but a few of our questions might have been answered (crap i cant confirm anything :P)

#49 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:43

well me too, that's the beauty of it all! but a few of our questions might have been answered (crap i cant confirm anything :P)

Might being the key word. We're still making a lot of (possibly incorrect) assumptions. 

#50 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:44

I also want to know what chapters are in Book Two.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#51 Moto200

Moto200

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationDundee, UK / Lublin, PL

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:47

Hm, looks like the new release date sandwiched itself pretty neatly between my university project deadlines. That's probably a good thing. All work and no play etc. right? :)

• Edreamer Jamil, trentjaspar, CosmicD and 1 other like this

#52 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 19:57

Might being the key word. We're still making a lot of (possibly incorrect) assumptions. 

That's what i tried to imply with the second key word crap! :D

I'm usually afraid of "finding out" too much, But then i remember Ragnar is the master of mistery (señorita) :P

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#53 Shift

Shift

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 20:22

Also, most likely — if it happens — Steam only. There's no easy way to enable early access to anything via Humble or GOG, and we don't control when versions go live on GOG/Humble. Steam is a lot more accessible to us.

I find this much more disappointing than the delay. I understand how hard getting this stuff done properly can be and I'm willing to wait for however long you need to ensure the game is ready, but I had hoped after last time you would have figured out how to provide the game early to backers on GOG and Humble. Still, if they don't let you do it, then I guess it can't be done. 

• Crowboy likes this

#54 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 February 2015 - 20:29

Little trivia - Book Two will release directly 2 years after Dreamfall Chapters was founded via Kickstarter (March 10, 2013)
  • Tina, Jecica, Edreamer Jamil and 15 others like this

#55 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 19 February 2015 - 21:02

I also wonder if we can expect further optimisations to book one...

#56 Em_TC

Em_TC

Fringe Café Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 19 February 2015 - 21:35

Super excited for Book Two's release! :D

I'm not bothered by the delay at all because, as others have already said, it's better to delay it by a little bit more than to release it and have to scurry frantically to push out patches to "fix" things. (It... may be a bit too optimistic/naive to think NO patches will be needed, but still. One can hope -- for the sake of the players, the game AND the poor devs' stress levels.)

I'll definitely be one of the ones avoiding the screenshots though, I think. Or... at least, I'll try to. Yes, that's what I'll be telling myself. "I'm trying." Because reasons. 

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

#57 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 February 2015 - 21:35

I also wonder if we can expect further optimisations to book one...

I wouldn't expect big, targeted optimizations to book one, but any optimization made to the engine in general would also affect book 1. If they move the PC version of the game over to Unity 5 that might possibly make a big difference.

• agirlnamedbob and Em_TC like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#58 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 21:42

I'm not sure if this topic has been addressed, but will book two be a patch/dlc addon for book one, or will it be its own game?

#59 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 21:46

I'm not sure if this topic has been addressed, but will book two be a patch/dlc addon for book one, or will it be its own game?

Unless something has changed, it'll be a patch / add on. 

#60 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 21:48

Unless something has changed, it'll be a patch / add on. 

Perfect. And let's hope that it plays at least as well as book one.

• khh likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update, book 2, book two, rebels, release, release date

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users