Tomer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 22 January 2015 - 17:51

Hey people,

I noticed that there are a couple of RTG employees roaming about in the forums. I think it would be really neat to know who actually makes RTG, who's responsible for the hypnotic art, flowing animations, sharp writing, etc, etc.... Is there any place on the web, or any thread, where RTG's members have introduced themselves?

Unless, of course, RTG wants to keep it discrete... and then forget I asked :rolleyes:

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 18:12

Some team members are more "discrete" than others, i guess, but they're all pretty busy. ;)

I don't know if we have a thread here where the team members have specifically introduced themselves. I know a few people were introduced in the old forum, but when we moved here... ...Not so much. 

Some people from RTG are more "discrete" than others, so to speak, but yeah. I'm not sure if the team has time to rundown introductions, but I think some of us regulars can point out who's who.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 22 January 2015 - 19:17

I think, out of fairness, we should know when a Team Member posts, It is true that our responses will probably be biased in favor of the Team Member; but then, if it is a response to one of our posts, it is only fair the we know of the responder.

#4 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 19:21

I think, out of fairness, we should know when a Team Member posts, It is true that our responses will probably be biased in favor of the Team Member; but then, if it is a response to one of our posts, it is only fair the we know of the responder.

All of the team members on the forum are very clearly denoted as such. They're all in red (like me), but instead of "Moderator" over on the left below the avatar, it should say "RTG Staff." 

EDIT: Also there's a list here. Just ignore those of us marked "Moderator." We don't count. ;) 

• khh, Em_TC, Kari2 and 1 other like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#5 Tomer

Tomer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 19:41

Thanks Erika. I noticed that the staff members are denoted so, which is what brought me to the idea that it would be nice to know what they're in charge of ;)

Like, we just learnt that MrGrav did that wonderful infographic. It would be nice to know what he actually designed! Obviously it's up to RTG to decide whether they want to introduce themselves like this or not...

#6 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 January 2015 - 00:19

I think RTG has introduced new members and such on the webpage, but that was maybe before they re-did it.

I think RTGs Wikipedia entry (or maybe the one on TLJwiki) has a list though. Afaik, there's another member on the team now, that we (not even I) know about :) and yeah, most of them have said what they're doing on their title on the forums.

MrGrav did all the key art (that's what is called, right?), like game box design etc. He was also involved with the redesign of the webpage, I think. AFAIK, he's the one doing all of that kind of graphics work. I also think I read that he made the Christmas card, and he designed Zoƫ's clothes and hairstyles (wow, I wonder if he's creeped out yet). I'm sure also a lot of other work, since they're a small team and probably do whatever they have the skills to do.

Writing = Dag & Ragnar. Martin = gameplay design +++. Rakel = general manager. Morten = programming guy (and also part time "keep track of the forum" person, at least it's become that way, either by choice or some sort of natural selection :P )

I thiiink that's most of the people who are usually online here? Most of the others doesn't seem to log on so much :)

(See! I haven't stalked in a long time, but I haven't lost my touch)
  • Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob, Christoffer Sunrider Grav and 4 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#7 Thandal

Thandal

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTerra Singularem

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:59

@Tina;  Do you even qualify as someone "in the know" any more?   :P 

If so, Congratuations!  Actually, congratulations anyway. 

I know how hard it is to be a volunteer staff member on a popular game site!

• Tina likes this

#8 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:30

Tina needs to stalk a bit more soon, or she will only qualify as "in the knew".

"wasing in the knewing"...?

• Tina, agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#9 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:26

Hah, yeah. I think the last time I met them was at the release party for Book 1. Except Rakel and/or Martin in a few roller derby related occasions, where I have tried (not completely successfully) to keep my distance and not bother them with work :P

One thing that I don't think I properly got across earlier, is that if you do click on the different RTG Staff in the list Erika posted, and look at the "Member Title", that's where they normally say what they're doing. Like Audun = RTG Programmer, Eivind = RTG animator, Dag = director, Hanska = Artist etc

Also, Ragnar says he's the "Archduke of Redthread" and Quintin is apparently the "Token Afro-Asian" :D I like those two titles the best!

• toremygg, Constanse and Mr_Russ like this

#10 Tomer

Tomer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:29

Thanks Tina! :)

• Tina likes this

#11 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 January 2015 - 13:54

Morten = programming guy (and also part time "keep track of the forum" person, at least it's become that way, either by choice or some sort of natural selection :P )

Definitely natural selection :P

EDIT: Updated my signature to reflect this recent discovery.

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and 13 others like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#12 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 January 2015 - 16:33

:sohappy:

#13 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2138 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:01

Definitely natural selection :P

EDIT: Updated my signature to reflect this recent discovery.

Unbelievable... he has done it for REAL...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users