107 replies to this topic

#21 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 17:13

(yay, I found my way back to the forum due to another amazing KS update!)

Hmm. That made me imagine the forum as if it's in the middle of a maze, while a KS update is a beacon shining into the sky.

• Tina, agirlnamedbob and mrKnask like this

#22 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 January 2015 - 17:17

@Indrid: Indeed, I heard its siren call from afar and let it guide my way... I also used the help of a friendly Banda who dug a more direct tunnel towards my destination so I didn't have to navigate the entire maze.  ;)

• agirlnamedbob, Indrid Cold, mrKnask and 1 other like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#23 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 17:27

Blessed with the Kickstarter update: 5:15 PM

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 2 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#24 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 16 January 2015 - 17:46

Hmm. That made me imagine the forum as if it's in the middle of a maze, while a KS update is a beacon shining into the sky.

I don't know about the whole forum, but the quest for badges on the other hand...

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#25 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 16 January 2015 - 17:59

Great new info, we were a bit dehydrated by now so it came just on time.

So half february it is (at the earliest) it is :) :P Would I be right if I have a little hunch that you're going to synchronize book 2 release with release on the ps4 ?

#26 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 18:11

I am a little concerned that if they only concentrate on book 2 (not a word about book 1 in the update) they don't fix the still remaining bugs (like dubbing errors in the German version especially in the first dialogue with Baruti). I just found out that RTG in the Steam Forum mentioned that they never heard of this problem. That is very sad because I told them on Steam and here in the Forum again and again. IIRC Morten even commented on it.

Edit: Yes, he did.

http://redthreadgame...an-translation/

#27 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 18:17

Yes! News! :D

The Mole looks great! Shocker to realize it is a female Banda :o

The model is very cool! She's scarred all over, she looks quite like a warrior!

You made my day :D

• wandrew likes this

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#28 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 18:20

I can't really speak to dubbing errors. I remember it being mentioned, but I don't know exactly what's going on with that or if it's something that they need to work on 100% internally...or if it's something that they have to work on with their translation partners.

Though, just because they're focusing on Book Two doesn't mean that nothing will change with Book One. Stability fixes, bug fixes, etc. often are tied to the game in ways that may not be Book specific. And even the ones that are Book One specific are hopefully still getting addressed. They said in the past that some known bugs may not be fixed until Book Two is released.

• mrKnask likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#29 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 January 2015 - 18:41

I am a little concerned that if they only concentrate on book 2 (not a word about book 1 in the update) they don't fix the still remaining bugs (like dubbing errors in the German version especially in the first dialogue with Baruti). I just found out that RTG in the Steam Forum mentioned that they never heard of this problem. That is very sad because I told them on Steam and here in the Forum again and again. IIRC Morten even commented on it.

Edit: Yes, he did.

http://redthreadgame...an-translation/

The bug with the German voice overs is noted, as per my reply in the topic you linked to.

There are also some minor fixes to Book One, but note "minor". Also, while we of course do want the content of the game to be reflected in a good manner in every language currently being supported, I can't really say that it's all the way up there on the priority lists right now.

It might seem like not much work has to be done to fix it, but these things unfortunately takes time. Therefore I cannot give you any guarantees that this will be fixed by the release of Book Two or anytime before, but I can't say that it won't be fixed either. It just comes down to what we have time for, what our priorities are and how easy a fix it actually is. 

Just thought I'd chime in to reassure you that the issue is noted, but I cannot give any guarantees at this time. :)

• wandrew, Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and 4 others like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#30 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 19:48

I'm so glad we have a new KS update, so we can openly discuss Ragnar's height.

This new Banda (ahem they are not moles), seems pretty mean. I actually liked the innocent childlike nature of the Bandas, oh my...

But enough of that, How high is Ragnar? Come one people speculate!  :D

• wandrew likes this

#31 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 19:54

I don't think anyone called them moles. Just that this particular Banda is known as "the Mole." 

• Crowboy and debro like this

#32 maDSaint

maDSaint

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 20:19

I've heard Ragnar is at least 2.90 meters tall and eats tree trunks for breakfast, rides an elephant to the RTG studios, where they actually had to remove the ceiling and so use the second and third floor as one or he would'nt fit in. Thats what I've heard.

• wandrew, agirlnamedbob, Indrid Cold and 5 others like this

#33 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 20:28

inb4

Why on EARTH would you think Martin knows the answer to that question? I mean, really?

No one at the office knows the measure of my manhood. NO ONE. And it shall stay that way, thankyouverymuch.

i mean jeez some people grumble grumble

• agirlnamedbob, Em_TC and NeilClaimer like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#34 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 20:29

My new hobby: Rewriting Paul Bunyan folk stories to be about Ragnar. 

EDIT: Oh my... I forgot about that, V. xD

• wandrew, Vainamoinen and maDSaint like this

#35 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 16 January 2015 - 20:48

-axed-

One day, when Ragnar was really high, he looked at himself in the mirror. There he found inspiration :P

oz55RgX.jpg

:lol:

• wandrew, Tina, Edreamer Jamil and 7 others like this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#36 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 16 January 2015 - 20:58

Sadly efforts to accurately measure Ragnar's height are on indefinite hiatus following the cancellation of the Space Shuttle program
  • wandrew, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 6 others like this

#37 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 21:30

Desperate attempt to get thread back on track.

I don't think anyone called them moles. Just that this particular Banda is known as "the Mole."

Of course she is. If I remember correctly, "mole" is a common derogatory term for the Banda. It makes sense that subjected to the specieism the city (and the Azadi!) bring along, the Banda would adopt those names for themselves.
  • Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 1 other like this

#38 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 21:35

There are no tracks here. 

But yeah, you're right. 

From her wiki page...

Bandu-Ma-Seri, or The Mole is a female Banda who is the leader of a "criminal underground" (pun intended).
Her pseudonym is apparently is a reappropriation of "Mole-people," a racial slur against the Banda.

Given what we know of her, I'm wondering if her ire when we first meet her will be because of something in particular that happens or if Kian's (or whomever, I guess) mere presence is the issue.

#39 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3558 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 16 January 2015 - 22:01

How high is Ragnar?

How long is Ragnar?

How tall is Ragnar?

How vertically extensive is Ragnar?

• wandrew, Tina, WorldsReunited and 5 others like this

#40 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 22:07

I bet that if you manage to climb all the way up Ragnar, the view is amazing!

• Edreamer Jamil and WorldsReunited like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update, the mole, concept art, ingame, book2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users