#1 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 January 2015 - 15:18

(link to Kickstarter update)

New Year's update and introducing the Mole

A belated Happy New Year to all of our backers! Sixteen days in, we hope 2015 has been a
good year so far for everyone!

"Enough pleasantries, Red Thread," we hear you say (because you're all speaking in your
outside voices and waving your arms a lot). "What about Book Two? We, the people, demand to
know!"

You, the people: we hear you!

Book Two is about to enter final approach. The seats are upright, the entertainment systems
have been switched off and drinks are no longer being served. Everyone has their seat belts on
and tray tables up. There may be some turbulence ahead, and the pilot has just informed us
that a couple of the instruments are acting up, but we expect to make it to the gate without any 
serious injuries.

In other words: Book Two is currently the only thing on our minds here at RTG central, and
we're getting closer by the day. There's polishing going on, there's intense bug fixing, there are
a few voice recording sessions left -- it's crunch time.

And, as we said before Christmas, when we're about 10-12 days away from release, we'll
announce a landing ti-- uh, a date.

Before then, however, there's plenty to talk about. Starting next week, we'll be ramping up our
enormous PR and marketing machine in order to get everyone talking about Dreamfall Chapters
Book Two: Rebels!

(And by 'massive' we mean "one person, part-time, scrambling to put together enough artwork
and videos to generate attention and excitement". We're nothing if not indie to the core.)

"But what about today, Red Thread?" you're shouting, because it's really hard to get a word in
with us going on. "What do you have for us today?"

Today we have a brand new screenshot from Book Two (Rebels!) and we also have two lovely
pieces of concept art, featuring an important character from our next episode:

This is Bandu-Ma-Seri, the Mole, and she defies expectations!

34d2be71775f6f9392109d8e1a64800d_large.j

The Mole holds court in a cellar burrow within the borders of Oldtown, the magic ghetto. From
here, she runs an underground network of magicals trafficking illegal weapons into the city and
children out of the city, in addition to maintaining her iron grip on the Marcurian underground
through the Hand.

3f57b1b232927be8814ca0d5230dd103_large.j

The Mole is ancient, and mean, and deadly. She's also clever, charismatic, wise. Living
amongst humans, she's never once considered herself part of the human world, and she hates
people with a passion. Magicals are more acceptable to her, and the more they're hated and
feared by humans, the better they are in her eyes. But she enjoys the power she has in
Marcuria, and she really enjoys the money she makes, and she doesn't want to return to living
in a burrow in the forest.

0dbc9c2cc17ca7497f18bac4eecd40db_large.p

This is how the Mole currently looks in-game (the location and lighting are still work-in-progress),
although the first time you meet her, the mask will be on and she will not be in a good mood.

That's it for today. Next week we'll be back with a really cool update, but until then, have a great
weekend!

Team RTG

• wandrew, TalkingOak, Jana and 9 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#2 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 January 2015 - 15:27

"Next week we'll be back with a really cool update" - please, please, please, the return of Roger Raines!...

(which would tie well with "there are a few voice recording sessions left"...)

• wandrew, WorldsReunited, toremygg and 4 others like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#3 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 January 2015 - 15:29

Starting next week, we'll be ramping up our enormous PR and marketing machine in order to get everyone talking about Dreamfall Chapters Book Two: Rebels!

(And by 'massive' we mean "one person, part-time, scrambling to put together enough artwork and videos to generate attention and excitement". We're nothing if not indie to the core.)

I think 'massive' and 'enormous' (I just now realized two different words were used) also works because Ragnar is gigantic.

(at least I'm assuming he's the PR machine)

• wandrew, WorldsReunited, mrKnask and 2 others like this

#4 Constanse

Constanse

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationArendal

Posted 16 January 2015 - 15:30

Really looking forward to meeting the Mole :D

• wandrew and Tina like this

- Tina the OWCUWNCIWC  -

Can I help you? I'm at your cervix!

#5 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 January 2015 - 15:31

I think 'massive' and 'enormous' (I just now realized two different words were used) also works because Ragnar is gigantic.

(at least I'm assuming he's the PR machine)

Is he very tall? I have no idea, to be honest.

#6 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7105 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 January 2015 - 15:32

Is he very tall? I have no idea, to be honest.

Yes.

• Tina likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#7 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 15:49

If the pictures are to be believed, Ragnar is approximately 14 feet tall. Seriously. (Okay I'm exaggerating, but go watch one of the early vids where you see him standing next to basically anyone else. :P)

Also yay update!

Also, I'm definitely wondering more seriously if Mulm's top down view thing was for the Mole. 

• wandrew, Tina and Bruno like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#8 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 January 2015 - 16:06

I had no idea that that was a joke until I converted to meters. :)
I should get used to this feet/inches thing, now that I live in London. Apparently I'm six feet tall, if I got this right.
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

#9 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 January 2015 - 16:09

I had no idea that that was a joke until I converted to meters. :)
I should get used to this feet/inches thing, now that I live in London. Apparently I'm six feet tall, if I got this right.

Haha, I also had to google it. I think Ragnar is about half a foot taller than you, then.

(sorry I derailed the new kickstarter update thread already at post #2)

Really cool to see the in-game model of the Mole, and get more info about her. She looks smaller than I initially imagined from the first concept art picture. And a bit older :)

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#10 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 16:10

Hm. The mole's face does look a lot like the customers statues in DF's underground cave, unlike the Banda of TLJ.

EDIT: Still in work mode...

• wandrew, agirlnamedbob and spyked like this

#11 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 16:18

Sorry, sorry...I'm normally better about converting my jokes to metric so they make sense to basically everyone other than me. 

Yeah...If I had to give a serious guess, I would have said Ragnar was over 6 ft tall (so over 180 cm) probably at least 6'4" (which is 193 cm). 

...I am not that tall. I am 5'6". So ballpark of 167 cm. 

...But yeah, more on topic, glad to see the model for the Mole. Wheeeeee...I'm getting so excited!

Though the whole "the first time you meet her, the mask will be on and she will not be in a good mood" bit sounds ominous. (KIAN ALVANE! What did you do?!)

• wandrew likes this

#12 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7105 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 January 2015 - 16:25

Yeah...If I had to give a serious guess, I would have said Ragnar was over 6 ft tall (so over 180 cm) probably at least 6'4" (which is 193 cm). 

I'm 184 and he's vastly taller than me. I'm guessing he's above 2 meters. 

edit: Also ... given the info in that update, I'm pretty sure The Mole hates all the Azadi. Vehemently. 

• agirlnamedbob and NeilClaimer like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#13 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 16:28

*whistles* Damn. 

It's kind of hard to accurately guess when I'm working off of pictures that don't necessarily have great points of reference. (Read: "Okay...tallest person in the picture. How tall is everyone else, though?") 

Also: I look forward to him popping into this thread like "Really? Big announcement, pictures of the Mole, and they're arguing over how tall I am?" 

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, khh and 3 others like this

#14 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 16:32

Hm. The mole's face does look a lot like the statues in DF's underground cave, unlike the Banda of TLJ.

And the update does say she's "ancient". It may not be a redesign for all banda.

On topic: I expect Ragnar to immediately publish update #74, informing us of his height in metres and a feet/inches combo.

• wandrew, Tina, WorldsReunited and 4 others like this

#15 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1304 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 16:53

And the update does say she's "ancient". It may not be a redesign for all banda.

It doesn't look that different from the Banda that could occasionally be seen in Oldtown in Dreamfall (see the Dreamfall section of http://tlj.wikia.com/wiki/Banda)

Good update. If they're starting to prep press and another KS update next week, that makes me think they're 3-4 weeks out from Book Two. At least, I hope so! :)
  • wandrew and NeilClaimer like this

#16 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 January 2015 - 16:58

Also: I look forward to him popping into this thread like "Really? Big announcement, pictures of the Mole, and they're arguing over how tall I am?" 

Well, it's an important discussion. Especially if you consider that an anagram of "How tall is Ragnar, please?" is "Well... Saga's another April".

• wandrew, WorldsReunited, MisterMetropolis and 2 others like this

#17 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 17:00

Don't get fooled! This was a fake update! I must know, because if it was real, I'd surely have it in my inbox by now.

In other news, The Mole looks great. And I'm not usually into bearded ladies.

• wandrew, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 3 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#18 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 January 2015 - 17:00

(yay, I found my way back to the forum due to another amazing KS update!)

@agirlnamedbob: You have no idea how tall Ragnar is until you meet him in person! Which you definitely must do! Which means that on the next Journeycon we will all accept absolutely zero excuses for you not coming!  :lol:

On topic: I expect Ragnar to immediately publish update #74, informing us of his height in metres and a feet/inches combo.

It may be how Banda look when they got old. And also a lovely clue supporting the theorized connection of the (singing-to-the-mud) Banda with the (singing-to-the-stone) creators of the Ancient Underground City.

On topic: I expect Ragnar to post his height in ... Bandas! (how many Bandas on top of each other are needed for the last one to look him straight in the eyes?)  B)

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, mrKnask and 1 other like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#19 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 January 2015 - 17:01

Don't get fooled! This was a fake update! I must know, because if it was real, I'd surely have it in my inbox by now.

In other news, The Mole looks great. And I'm not usually into bearded ladies.

Unfortunately, considering previous history, I would think that it would be a fake update if you had it in your inbox by now :(

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and 2 others like this

#20 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 17:11

@agirlnamedbob: You have no idea how tall Ragnar is until you meet him in person! Which you definitely must do! Which means that on the next Journeycon we will all accept absolutely zero excuses for you not coming!  :lol:

It's in my five year plan. :P I'm not going to get my hopes up until I get confirmation that JourneyCon2 is a thing. ;) Cons are hard work and a lot of planning.

Unfortunately, considering previous history, I would think that it would be a fake update if you had it in your inbox by now :(

Ooooo... burn. :lol:

But yeah. Hopefully Rakel got this one out. 

Though, in the interest if fairness, I didn't get my KS email until about 15 minutes after I saw it posted to the forum. And Mail Chimp does go out in batches and seems to take a bit longer. ...But I guess we'll see. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update, the mole, concept art, ingame, book2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users