• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 February 2015 - 14:24

When you say that Kian "will not take" the broom and pillow combination, what do you mean?

Are you able to pick up both the broom and the pillow, but are unable to combine them?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#22 dalikamikaze

dalikamikaze

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 14:26

Yes I have picked both of them up and have combined them, and it is available in my inventory, but when I select them combined, and try to get Kian to use them to pick the lock, it doesn't work. 

#23 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 14:32

Yes I have picked both of them up and have combined them, and it is available in my inventory, but when I select them combined, and try to get Kian to use them to pick the lock, it doesn't work. 

How would you pick a lock with a broom and pillow? I don't think that would ever work.

• toremygg likes this

#24 dalikamikaze

dalikamikaze

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 14:34

Never mind I thought that was odd too. I was reading the walkthrough, and didn't read it all the way. Sorry. I'll try to window thing first  :unsure:

• toremygg, GistOfSpirit and Mr Moo like this

#25 amykennedy

amykennedy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 February 2015 - 20:10

Where you able to solve this?

I'm having the exact same problem except for the cursor bouncing around screen in options menu. No matter where I stand or what I use - mouse, gamepad etc. I cant click on the pillow even though the wheel gear shows up. I vertified the game cache aswell but nothing changed. I did notice this at the end of my output_log file if it means anything - NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

#26 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 February 2015 - 20:13

Where you able to solve this?

I'm having the exact same problem except for the cursor bouncing around screen in options menu. No matter where I stand or what I use - mouse, gamepad etc. I cant click on the pillow even though the wheel gear shows up. I vertified the game cache aswell but nothing changed. I did notice this at the end of my output_log file if it means anything - NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

That is very interesting. Could you zip the output_log file and attach it to a post?

April Ryan is my friend,

#27 amykennedy

amykennedy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 February 2015 - 20:43

Attached it. Not exactly sure why this is happening, and as much as I'd rather not should I just reinstall the game from Steam and start a new game? Would that work?

#28 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 February 2015 - 21:18

Yeah, you're definitively hitting a bug of some kind there. 

Reinstalling shouldn't be necessary, the verify integrity of local game cache tool should find any potential problems with the install itself.

It's possible that you wouldn't experience the problem if you loaded an older save or started a new game, but it's hard to say without knowing the structure of the code.

Hopefully Morten can speculate about what might be causing it, and the right way forwards.

April Ryan is my friend,

#29 amykennedy

amykennedy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 February 2015 - 21:58

Thanks, I did the vertify integrity of game cache earlier and again just now but its saying everything is fine. Ill try starting from an older save or a new file this weekend when I get a chance to sit down and play. Hopefully it works.

• khh likes this

#30 amykennedy

amykennedy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 February 2015 - 23:00

Started at an earlier save from storytime and it worked, thanks (:

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, khh and 2 others like this

#31 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:49

The nullref exception seems to be connected to enabling/disabling certain GUI elements marked for this behaviour when entering what we call MenuScreenGameState, which is the state the game is in when the in-game menu is opened.

From this I managed to find out what caused this nullref and fixed it. It should really be an edge-case as this will only happen if this function would be called twice in the same frame for some reason.

I guess the aforementioned exception could cause the game to bug out in other ways, like you not being able to click an interactable. However, the issue with your mouse bouncing in the options menu might have some impact on the game and sounds like something related to your hardware or drivers for the mouse. You should make sure you get the latest drivers for your mouse and see if that fixes it.

Thank you for the report. Helped us find a discrepancy in our code, albeit a very edge-case'y one; a possible bug squashed in the game is a good thing. Thanks! :)

• khh and GistOfSpirit like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users