#1 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 30 December 2014 - 19:19

Replaying TLJ and DF (and DFC book1) and reading through the wiki I am asking myself some of the questions below.

There are 4 Kins. The white is female, the red and green are male, and the blue seem undetermined.

The really bad ones (known so far) are the Chaos and the Undreaming.

The bad ones known so far Azadi, Wati and to some extend the EYE.

April is daughter , and little sister of the White Kin. But there is also a link to the Mother. It sometimes sound as if the White Kin is the Mother, and sometimes as if she represents her.

It is said at one point that April is not a Kin, but still has a specific status, something similar could be the case of Zoe. For both their family relations seem unclear.

Are Zoe's parents really her parents?

Does a Kin need to go through several incarnations before having a dragon shape?

It seem given that Kins can die, but we have no certainty of this. The white one disappears in Dreamfall, but there is no proof of he death. But she does say that she is the only one left.

Even in the battle with Parech she is wounded, but it is not said that she died.

Is there a link between the Chaos (seen in the opening of TLJ) and the Undreaming (seen in Storytime), to my eyes there are strong similarities.

So the Kin, are in charge of, or have put themselves in charge of maintaining the stability of the Balance.

So who is against the Balance and the separation of the two worlds?

Jakob McAllen did not want to disrupt the Balance, he wanted to control the Guardian.

So who is as powerful as the Kins?

And who are the troops of this unknown power?

Azadis, Wati Corp and the EYE seem all to be working towards a common goal, but which one.

And between worlds they are probably ignorant of each other.

The Azadi machines in DF and the strange towers in DFC are they not the same thing?

And what are they there for?

The more I think about it, the more the dreams seem like a means and not the final goal.

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#2 Camillo

Camillo

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 19:50

In this post You have gathered questions which probably wouldn't be answered until fifth Book comes out ;) (and probably then some of them will remain unanswered).

One remark about Chaos - it was a magical part of Gordon and it was finally 'combatted' when April combined it with logical part of him at the end of TLJ and it's no longer enemy.

#3 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 December 2014 - 19:58

One remark about Chaos - it was a magical part of Gordon and it was finally 'combatted' when April combined it with logical part of him at the end of TLJ and it's no longer enemy.

Not really. Chaos Vortex is no longer enemy but Chaos still exist when science and magic ate combined in bad way.

• khh and Camillo like this

#4 Camillo

Camillo

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 20:09

Not really. Chaos Vortex is no longer enemy but Chaos still exist when science and magic ate combined in bad way.

You are right, I thought Lars had Chaos Vortex on mind as he brought up its similarity to the Undreaming which when attacking Brian was pictured as something similar to Chaos Vortex.

#5 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 30 December 2014 - 21:46

You are right, I thought Lars had Chaos Vortex on mind as he brought up its similarity to the Undreaming which when attacking Brian was pictured as something similar to Chaos Vortex.

The Chaos Vortex was combatted, and seemed to be absorbed, but it does not confirm it's destruction.

Even with a change in name I'm persuaded that the Chaos still exists.

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#6 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 December 2014 - 22:01

Undreaming can be a ultimate vilian for Kin. But then why Cortez allowed monks to made ritual and send Brian to unleash Undreaming?

#7 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 30 December 2014 - 22:13

In this post You have gathered questions which probably wouldn't be answered until fifth Book comes out ;) (and probably then some of them will remain unanswered).

Just my take on on it, others can see it differently  ;)

#8 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 December 2014 - 22:27

Replaying TLJ and DF (and DFC book1) and reading through the wiki I am asking myself some of the questions below.

There are 4 Kins. The white is female, the red and green are male, and the blue seem undetermined.

The really bad ones (known so far) are the Chaos and the Undreaming.

The bad ones known so far Azadi, Wati and to some extend the EYE.

So who is as powerful as the Kins?

And who are the troops of this unknown power?

Azadis, Wati Corp and the EYE seem all to be working towards a common goal, but which one.

And between worlds they are probably ignorant of each other.

I think that WATI don't know about Azadi and Azadi don't know about WATI. Howewer the person behind Dream Conspiracy - Prophet - has control on both WATI and Azadi. EYE seem to be something like WATI's army/mercs.

Dream Conspiracy work like Dreamer consoles stole people's dreams, send them to Eingana, and then send to Dream Chamber under Tower. The last scene of Dreamfall revealed that Azadi Tower will unleash/destroy those dreams for something.

#9 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 22:36

The Chaos Vortex was combatted, and seemed to be absorbed, but it does not confirm it's destruction.

Even with a change in name I'm persuaded that the Chaos still exists.

It was absorbed into the talisman and then combined with Gordon again.

#10 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 December 2014 - 22:44

In TLJ there is a prophecy that the one who will save the Balance will only unleash Chaos on people. I think that whole Dreamer thing is nothing more than path to Chaos - science and magic combined in bad way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users