#1 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 24 December 2014 - 13:59

(link to Kickstarter update)

Merry Christmas! from Red Thread Games

(And a lovely whatever-you-may-celebrate-wherever-you-may-be to those of you who don't
celebrate Christmas.)

Our team has scattered across snowy Norway to be with family & friends, but from everyone at
Red Thread Games, we wanted to pass on our best & warmest wishes to all of our backers,
players and fans.

138b5f1462d3919d5e82f440cb55b8b2_large.j

We'll see you all in January when we will kick the new year off with some brand new Book Two art.
Until then!

Team RTG

PS! Click on the image for a higher-resolution version. There are hints to the future within.

• khh likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#2 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2279 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 December 2014 - 14:14

Picture:

Spoiler

• wandrew, TalkingOak and debro like this

#3 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 24 December 2014 - 15:05

I now see that there is another thread about the Christmas card in the spoiler subforum.

So maybe it is a good idea that speculations are discussed there instead?

That said, these Kickstarter updates will probably be spoilerly over the next year anyway, since they tease about upcoming books etc. I'll keep this thread unlocked for now, at least :)

• agirlnamedbob likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#4 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 24 December 2014 - 19:36

Merry Christmas everybody.

And 2015 is setting up to be a *great* year games-wise.

I mean, we get the finish of DFC, we get a new Mass Effect and then there's this: Life Is Strange. If the story in this one turns out to be as good as the one in Remember Me (also by Dontnod), it's going to be great.

Happy new year, too!

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#5 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2737 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 December 2014 - 21:32

We'll see you all in January when we will kick the new year off with some brand new Book Two art.
Until then!

Team RTG

This means that we're still far away from release of Book Two, So Febuary 2015?

#6 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 22:09

As I've already posted elsewhere, I would not be surprised at all if it's not out until February.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#7 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2737 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 December 2014 - 22:14

As I've already posted elsewhere, I would not be surprised at all if it's not out until February.

I'm little dissapointed that Book Two isn't released in December 2014. I had a hope for that release. Now it seems that it won't release even in January 2015 so maybe Febuary 2015...

#8 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 22:16

Oh great. Would have been nice to actually GET the Christmas card/Kickstarter update. :( :( :(

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#9 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 22:18

I'm little dissapointed that Book Two isn't released in December 2014. I had a hope for that release. Now it seems that it won't release even in January 2015 so maybe Febuary 2015. If this will repeat for future books Book Five won't release in September 2015.

Well, we all know that video game target release dates are among the most ephemeral of entities. :)

#10 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 22:20

Oh great. Would have been nice to actually GET the Christmas card/Kickstarter update. :( :( :(

Did it not go out to Paypal backers? :( 

• Vainamoinen likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#11 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 22:22

Can't say – I only know I didn't get it.

Seven hours after I should have, that usually means that the usual people were forgotten.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#12 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 22:38

Ugh. Damn. :( 

I'm guessing it may have been either an oversight or a glitch that wasn't noticed with the holidays, but that's not good. :/ ...I think I'll reply to the tweet they posted about it and mention it, if it looks like no one else has. I don't know if they'll see it, but it should still be brought to their attention. 

• khh and Antiheldin like this

#13 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 24 December 2014 - 22:58

I read that to mean RTG will share more art from Book 2 in early January.

Or maybe it's wishful thinking...

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#14 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 23:07

Ugh. Damn. :(

I'm guessing it may have been either an oversight or a glitch that wasn't noticed with the holidays, but that's not good. :/ ...I think I'll reply to the tweet they posted about it and mention it, if it looks like no one else has. I don't know if they'll see it, but it should still be brought to their attention. 

Were we supposed to get an email? I did get one about the KickStarter update. Is that the one?

#15 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 23:10

Yeah. Whenever they send out a Kickstarter update, you should get an email from Kickstarter, unless you've unsubscribed from updates. However, they use another service (Mail Chimp, I believe) to send out the same message to anyone who backed via PayPal, as they don't get the automatic updates through KS. 

#16 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 23:35

Right. Got it. I was in the same situation for the Tex Murphy: The Tesla Effect  KS campaign. I missed the campaign close by 4 days. So, I backed via PayPal. Occasionallly, an update would come out on KS that didn't get sent to PP backers. I took it in stride: it's a small team, with a tremendous amount to do, so I took it upon myself to keep up to date by visiting KS, checking the BFG forums, and The Unofficial Tex Murphy web site. I figured, "I'm a backer so, in effect, I'm an investor, part of the team, so I should do my part to help out."

#17 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 23:46

I get what you're saying, Ikon. It does happen. It's a small team, etc. 

But RTG should still be made aware of it so that backers who maybe don't follow them across the internet get the email. That's all. It's happened a few times at this point where an update didn't get pushed out to PP backers. Which happens, but it's still frustrating if you're a PP backer and it's still fair feedback for RTG. 

And not everyone who backs a game wants to have to track the team all over the internet. And if they send out a message that's meant to go to all backers, it should go to all backers. If PP backers were totally missed, I'm sure it was a total accident. But again... no harm in making RTG aware. 

#18 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 23:57

You know, after the Tex Murphy experience, I had an idea that it might be good to bring a loyal fan into the mix and make them the communications staffer. I'm sure many fans would be happy to do the job pro bono. That way, the developers would only have to create the update and send it to one person who, in turn, would put it through a process that would send out all backers.

It would save money by not having a paid staffer spend time doing the notifications, and it would, I believe, be a more reliable way to send out updates/notifications. There is nothing like a loyal fan to make something work.

I think this is the single greatest failing of KS campaigns; they don't utilize the talent available to them to the best effect. I've heard the counter-arguments; I don't believe them.

#19 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 December 2014 - 00:03

RTG used to have a dedicated community manager, but for various reasons it didn't work out. On the one hand, us moderators are basically unpaid volunteers. On the other hand, having an unpaid volunteer pushing out updates to various services could be very bad. It would require that person to have access to all of the accounts, which is a risky proposition for a non-employee. There are also some potential ethical issues here as well.

I see what you're saying, but that just seems risky and more trouble than it's worth for RTG, at least right now. Also, from what I've gathered, it doesn't take that long for them to send out the email to the PP backers. Based on what Rakel said in the past, though, it's just something Ragnar forgets to do when he does it. :P And I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one taking the time to push out the updates on Christmas Eve.

• Tina likes this

#20 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 00:23

Like I said, I've heard the counter arguments; I believe all the issues can be oversome, and rather easily in fact. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update, christmas card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users