Photo

How will Zoe travel to Arcadia this time?

Zoe shift White Dragon Storytime

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Camillo

Camillo

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:11

I have started this tread to know your minds on how Zoe gets to Arcadia this time. In Dreamfall, she travelled to Arcadia twice and every time Faith helped her in that. Also White Kin sent her from Dark People library (or helped her to get) to the Swamps.

In one of very first trailers of DFC we can see Zoe probably right after she's arrived in Marcuria and hear the voice "I will guide you and I will protect you as much as I can but in the end you are on your own" and the voice is distored. That could be White Dragon as in the same trailer we can hear her voice in the same manner but what is remarkable that it is Mother White, not White reborn whose voice is also in the trailer.

Another interesting question is how she reached Zoe. Through screens like Faith? Or in another way? I don't think they met in the Storytime as Vagabond said that Zoe would see him only last time at the end of her journey.

I post here the link to the trailer:

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:24

In one of very first trailers of DFC we can see Zoe probably right after she's arrived in Marcuria and hear the voice "I will guide you and I will protect you as much as I can but in the end you are on your own" and the voice is distored. That could be White Dragon as in the same trailer we can hear her voice in the same manner but what is remarkable that it is Mother White, not White reborn whose voice is also in the trailer.

Those were the very words the Mother said to April in the prologue. That is the source of the audio file.

April: How will I know? How will I know what to do?

White Dragon: I will guide you and I will protect you, as much as I can. But in the end, you are on your own.

April: I'm afraid.

White Dragon: You always were, my child, my daughter.

• WorldsReunited, spyked and Camillo like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 Camillo

Camillo

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:31

Thank You for claryfining that. It was confusing a bit as voiced in the very moment Zoe seems to be showing up in Arcadia.

Then actually White's help could be not necessary. :)

• khh likes this

#4 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:35

It would be kind of fitting if she actually used a Dream Machine, wouldn't it?

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#5 Camillo

Camillo

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:41

It would be kind of fitting if she actually used a Dream Machine, wouldn't it?

You are probably right but I wonder if she first starts to remember then if she is going to use it again? In the Storytime she learned how to use her powers, maybe at some point she will take them up to consciously dream herself in Arcadia?

#6 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:47

I was just thinking of the 'just retribution' aspect; the invention the bad guys developed to enslave the population being used to take them down - hoisted by their own petard :)

• Camillo likes this

#7 Camillo

Camillo

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:29

I wonder how much Wati know. They defintely are aware that Zoe found out that Dreammachines are there to spy on people and control them but they actually may not know about Zoe connection to Faith and her role in 'offing' her (that for sure Helena knew but Peats was unaware of her connection to this girl until she talked to him about it and we don't know if he spread this information later).

Peats also knew he could not 'read' her but this knowledge could have died with him. And it is even possible that whole Wati are not aware of Arcadia existence as they already are benefited having sold their product along with the possibility to control and spy on people; and they would probably be unable to control stolen dreams as they are in Arcadia, not Stark - what I mean is that Thief of Dreams may be so cunning that he could be using Wati without even them being aware of existence of Arcadia.

#8 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:21

I believe that very very early trailer was just a bunch of random animations and setting, and a prototype Zoë model just to showcase the game. I don't really think that's how she will return to Arcadia. We even see Roper Klacks walking behind her

• Camillo likes this

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#9 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:39

I don't think Zoe ever needed a dreamachine to go to Arcadia. She needed one to meet Faith, and Faith "sent" her to Arcadia similarly to how Cortez sent April. I think if Zoe remembers about Arcadia and manages to control her abilities, she can just dream herself there.

• khh, NeilClaimer and Carlos like this

#10 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 22:34

I don't think Zoe ever needed a dreamachine to go to Arcadia. She needed one to meet Faith, and Faith "sent" her to Arcadia similarly to how Cortez sent April. I think if Zoe remembers about Arcadia and manages to control her abilities, she can just dream herself there.

Could be, but using a Dream Machine is just such delicious revenge/retribution ;)

#11 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 December 2014 - 22:40

i have the same idea like yours - that Zoe will visit House of Dreams and use Dreamer to travel to Arcadia.

#12 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 22:57

Wouldn't a dream within a dream be Inception territory?

I'm not sure whether Zoe can still use a Dreamachine. Propast Zoe is, well, probably not a real person. There and not, as the White would say.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#13 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 00:02

I really want to see Kian go to Stark, actually... almost as much as I want Zoë to return to Arcadia. I don't know how can Kian travel between wolds, though...

• agirlnamedbob likes this

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#14 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 December 2014 - 00:10

Wouldn't a dream within a dream be Inception territory?

I'm not sure whether Zoe can still use a Dreamachine. Propast Zoe is, well, probably not a real person. There and not, as the White would say.

This is actually an interesting point. I'm still not sure if I believe she's dreaming herself there. On the fence. But assuming she is, we really don't fully know what the limitations of her dream body are. I mean, she seems perfectly capable of physically interacting with things. So she may well be able to interact with a dreamer. However, I'd almost think that if she did and used it to dream herself into Arcadia, her physical body would disappear from Stark, the way it did when she left Arcadia. Again, assuming her "true self" is actually elsewhere. 

Hmm...

I really want to see Kian go to Stark, actually... almost as much as I want Zoë to return to Arcadia. I don't know how can Kian travel between wolds, though...

You and me both. You and me both. I'm not sure how he would Shift either, unless he has latent Shifter powers, but I really want to see it. 

• NeilClaimer likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#15 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 00:11

I'm thinking he may fare better in Stark than most Arcadians, having grown up in a society that doesn't like magic and tries to make technology.

#16 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 25 December 2014 - 21:59

This is actually an interesting point. I'm still not sure if I believe she's dreaming herself there. On the fence. But assuming she is, we really don't fully know what the limitations of her dream body are. I mean, she seems perfectly capable of physically interacting with things. So she may well be able to interact with a dreamer. However, I'd almost think that if she did and used it to dream herself into Arcadia, her physical body would disappear from Stark, the way it did when she left Arcadia. Again, assuming her "true self" is actually elsewhere. 

Hmm...

You and me both. You and me both. I'm not sure how he would Shift either, unless he has latent Shifter powers, but I really want to see it. 

Quite disturbing.

If Zoe is just dreaming, then she interacts with constructs of her mind, therefore without Consequences. Everything is just a dream.

If not , as she is not a shifter (stated quite clearly in Dreamfall).

She is capable beyond dreaming, and projects her "doublegaenger" into the alternate worlds?

Where her actions have Consequences!

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#17 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3560 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 25 December 2014 - 22:30

Zoë is not a dreamer, but a Dreamer. Capitals matter in Fantasy. The accepted theory, I gather, is that in Dreaming, she appears as an astral projection in Arcadia. So affecting matter and having consequences is possible in a Layer 1 scenario. I'm more sceptical on the Layer 2 scenario that V and others are proponents of. I'm with the part-of-her-is-sleeping team.
  • agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen, khh and 1 other like this

#18 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 23:17

As the White said it: "This isn't a dream, but you are dreaming".

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#19 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 23:35

I'm toying with the idea to see how it would play out, and I find myself frequently coming back to it. Still not sure if I'm a 'proponent' of sorts. ;)

Zoe dreamt herself into Arcadia in Dreamfall. I considered this dream to be rather volatile. Arbitrary things could let her snap back to reality in an instant. If she dreams herself into Propast starting from the Storytime, the same could be the case. The "wakeup calls" she gets could even be interpreted as somewhat hostile if her life in Propast actually is what she needs to achieve.

Zoe went to Arcadia from Stark; if the Dreamer theory is correct, she's probably dreaming herself into Stark from the Storytime: "where dreams are woven into reality" (oh god I hope that quote is correct). We know from TLJ that the worlds of Stark and Arcadia are connected by dreams. Only a Dreamer would, amplified by the powers of the Dreamachine, be able to fully land in the reality of Arcadia while other people would always get stuck halfway in the Storytime. Well, it's just one way to look at it I guess.

But if she's dreaming already, a FURTHER journey might be way too far. The same rubber band that let her snap back to Stark in Dreamfall would not possess the elasticity to let her take that detour and go from Storytime VIA Stark TO Arcadia.

A lot of things could happen when Zoe uses a Dreamachine. If I was somehow creating this story with the Dreamer presupposition, Zoe would not be able to, because she can not dream within a dream. The Dreamachine gives her an empty void, a blank page, a green screen. While sleeping, she hasn't dreamt in Propast at all because she is already dreaming.

Let's not wait until Book 4 to try the Dreamachine and do it in Book 2 immediately. ;)

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#20 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 23:48

The only thing I know while thinking about all of this is:

My head hurt XD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zoe, shift, White Dragon, Storytime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users