Photo
- - - - -

Special Edition DLC on Steam

steam dlc special edition error problem

Best Answer khh , 22 December 2014 - 13:41

The downloadable content should be somewhere in the stream installation folder, by default

C:\Program files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dreamfall Chapters

I'm not sure exactly where, as I don't have that version myself.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 April-An

April-An

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 13:06

I've come across a few other people mentioning the same problem but can't find a solution anywhere. Also, I tried to address this through Steam and their support have directed me back here for a solution. Basically I bought the Special Edition of Dreamfall Chapters through Steam for the extra content, except I cannot figure out how to access or find the 'DLC'. By right-clicking on the game in my Steam library, and selecting 'View Downloadable Content' that shows me (in 'DLC' of the opened Properties window) that I have the Special Edition installed, and says the DLC is accessed by launching it(?) I can't see any option to access DLC in-game. When I select the link 'view available download content for this game' which takes me to the location which presumably it should be available (Dreamfall Chapters > Downloadable Content), there is just the message 'There is no downloadable content available for this game'. So, is there a solution to this problem? Will I need to once again attempt to struggle my way through the labyrinth that is Steam Support? Any solutions here would be greatly appreciated.

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7078 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 December 2014 - 13:41   Best Answer

The downloadable content should be somewhere in the stream installation folder, by default

C:\Program files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dreamfall Chapters

I'm not sure exactly where, as I don't have that version myself.

• Mr Moo likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 April-An

April-An

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 14:50

Thank you! Got the extra content in the folders as described, great! Don't really understand why this can't be mentioned anywhere obvious on Steam.

#4 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7078 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 December 2014 - 15:22

I don't think RTG can customise the text, I think it's all default in the application.
I'm glad you found it, though.

April Ryan is my friend,

#5 Hikoreko

Hikoreko

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:26

Can I ask? I have the steam special edition and all extra content released except for avatars. Any idea where i can find them? pretty pls. =/

#6 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7078 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:51

I'm not certain, but I don't think they have been released yet.
  • Hikoreko likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#7 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:32

The sure-fire way to go to the install directory is:

Right-click the game title

Select Properties from the menu

Click the "Local Files" tab

Click the "Open Install Folder..." (or some text to that effect) button -- it's the first button from the top.

Also, if you accidentally delete something you shouldn't have, the last button from the top ("Check game cache integrity" or something similiar) should fix it.

This works for all Steam games, not just DFC.

Edit: For DFC only, right next to the "Local Files" tab you'll see the "Betas" tab. This is where you go to join the beta testing, should you want to. If you do, simply select "bookonereleasecandidate - Book One (RC)" from the drop-down and press the close button at the top.

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, dlc, special, edition, error, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users