102 replies to this topic

#41 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 21:44

Say what you will. It's the prophet, I would wager on it.

#42 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 21:44

We had a "what is Marty scared of" thread on the Telltale forums once (now probably irretrievable thanks to the forum migration :( ). This "What does Zoë see" meme heavily reminds me of it. :)

• wandrew likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#43 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 December 2014 - 21:56

So Book Two won't release before Christmas and most likely not in 2014 at all.

#44 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 22:28

"Surprise".

Granted, that would have been considerably faster than the 2.6 month schedule we've been extrapolating from Ragnar comments. ;)

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#45 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 December 2014 - 22:33

So Book Two won't release before Christmas and most likely not in 2014 at all.

I'd say definitely not in 2014. The team is going on break right now. There are six days after Christmas for them to make that happen, and two of them are a weekend. Based on the update, they still have one more big internal milestone to hit before they announce the release date. And that announcement is likely to be 8-10 days before the launch. 

It just doesn't math out. 

2015 people. Mark your calendars. ;) 

• Tina likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#46 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 19 December 2014 - 22:57

Yeah, what Erika said. 25th, 26th are bank holidays, then there's the weekend, so then there's only Mon+Tue that are "normal days" and Wed which is "half day", then we go into 2015.

I also think many people (like me) won't go back to work until the 5th of January. Not sure what RTG will do though, but I don't expect them to be fully numbered and back at work until that week. Especially if team members "go home" for Christmas etc. I won't be surprised if some of them work during the holidays though. Maybe a bit here and there, if they have the resources to do that away from the office. They're a dedicated team after all, and obviously take great pride in their work. But I do believe a "complete break" will be good for them, so they're ready to soldier on in the new year. This constant crunch time stuff must be exhausting.

From today's update, I feel there is still quite a bit of work to be done until they have a release candidate ready. So I'm not going to start anxiously hoping for/expecting a release date announcement until we're at least a couple of (work) weeks into 2015. 

• agirlnamedbob, khh, NeilClaimer and 1 other like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#47 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 19 December 2014 - 23:19

No deadlines, and take +10 days from when they announce it. It'll be at least medio January that they are even going to anounce this, (let's take my broken crystal ball again). They are going easy on the milestones anyways, so that added to the information about characters still having to be added and scripts being longer than expected well.... My guess kinda remains the same as the last guess of mine with an option on "slightly later", so that puts us debut february. (perhaps end of january but oh well)

• Tina likes this

#48 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 23:21

Marcuria looks good. The City Green...I hope we get to meet Abnaxus in book 2.

• wandrew, WorldsReunited, Jana and 2 others like this

#49 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 19 December 2014 - 23:36

Also, didn't RTG mention somewhere that there would be another update (1.2, iirc) before Book 2?

If I had to guess I'd say Book 2 will only be release sometime around the end of January, beginning of February, at best.

It makes sense, because I would expect there have been a few unforseen delays because of the patches they had to release to fix Book 1.

And yeah, Marcuria is looking very nice, and I'm really hoping to revisit some of the places from DF:TLJ.

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#50 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 December 2014 - 23:41

Also, didn't RTG mention somewhere that there would be another update (1.2, iirc) before Book 2?

Yeah, but I got the impression that is still pretty far off. And they defer it to the Book 2 patch.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#51 Anouk

Anouk

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 20 December 2014 - 00:25

And the rumor/speculation starts again!  Love it!

Good idea the game in episodes!

• WorldsReunited, Lee-m, mrKnask and 1 other like this

#52 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 00:28

I'm thinking 1st quarter of 2015.... yeah, even as late as March. It may be sooner, but I won't be disappointed if it is March.

• Veen Friend likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#53 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 December 2014 - 00:36

Yeah, what Erika said. 25th, 26th are bank holidays, then there's the weekend, so then there's only Mon+Tue that are "normal days" and Wed which is "half day", then we go into 2015.

I also think many people (like me) won't go back to work until the 5th of January. Not sure what RTG will do though, but I don't expect them to be fully numbered and back at work until that week. Especially if team members "go home" for Christmas etc. I won't be surprised if some of them work during the holidays though. Maybe a bit here and there, if they have the resources to do that away from the office. They're a dedicated team after all, and obviously take great pride in their work. But I do believe a "complete break" will be good for them, so they're ready to soldier on in the new year. This constant crunch time stuff must be exhausting.

From today's update, I feel there is still quite a bit of work to be done until they have a release candidate ready. So I'm not going to start anxiously hoping for/expecting a release date announcement until we're at least a couple of (work) weeks into 2015. 

I got a half completed, pretty complex work assignment, which must be completed ASAP, and latest January 5th. Not much time left, so I'll definitely work every possible day before the deadline hits. :)

#54 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 20 December 2014 - 00:38

Hehe Ikon, I was going to say "take your time" but that's streaching it.. ;)

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#55 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 December 2014 - 00:49

I'm thinking 1st quarter of 2015.... yeah, even as late as March. It may be sooner, but I won't be disappointed if it is March.

I don't think it'll be that late. The entire game is projected to be out before the end of 2015 (within a year of Book One's release, actually) and from what we've gathered, the PS4 release is projected to be after their internal deadline for Book Two, but still in Q1. ;) 

...Now...that could have changed, but I'm still thinking late January - Early February here. 

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#56 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:02

No way is saga going to draw something so primitive.

She's a very talented baby!

You could say she has an artist's soul.

Okay, enough for today.

• WorldsReunited, khh, Constanse and 2 others like this

#57 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:14

After reading the screenshot descriptions again, i think the City Green - "a place for thieves" - is where Kian will meet the dolmari kid, Bip. ( urgh...i really hate that name)

#58 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2114 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:02

You could say she has an artist's soul.

Okay, enough for today.

Enough of what exactly???

#59 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:18

Ragnar said all five books should be out by September, so I'm thinking if it's going to be a consistent spacing, Book Two should be in January or early February.

I'm thinking it's kind of hypocritical for the rebels to execute Na'ane while welcoming Kian with open arms. He's the one who lead his people to their village and got it destroyed, not her.

• wandrew and Nanoloque like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#60 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2114 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:51

That happen only if when playing Kian, you decide to tell everyone about Na'ane treason.

I'm thinking it's kind of hypocritical for the rebels to execute Na'ane while welcoming Kian with open arms. He's the one who lead his people to their village and got it destroyed, not her.

Edited by ct2651, 20 December 2014 - 03:04.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update, development, book two, screenshot, christmas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users