25 replies to this topic

#21 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2138 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:59

While I agree that a pre-release version of an OS is not as bug-free as a release version, it's also completely unfair to single out Microsoft. Every OS, every single one, has thousands of bugs upon release.

Well, yes, I forgot about to be even more more generic XD

#22 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:10

People also fail to grasp the point that a bug can be anything down to the line around a selected item in a dialog being truncated. It doesn't have to affect usability in any way, but be purely cosmetic.

Also, a bug with a consistently described trigger, which then allows the developer to observe and debug said bug, is a lot easier to fix than the seemingly random, once all the stars align kind of bugs.
  • ct2651 likes this

#23 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2138 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:30

Also, a bug with a consistently described trigger, which then allows the developer to observe and debug said bug, is a lot easier to fix than the seemingly random, once all the stars align kind of bugs.

I just love the way your're talking about that, (the once all the stars are align kind of bug, that's an epic metaphor)

#24 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:42

I just love the way your're talking about that, (the once all the stars are align kind of bug, that's an epic metaphor)

It's not only epic, it's also fact. Every day, data in RAM and on hard drives gets changed by Mesons (IIRC; it's one of those small charged particles from outer space). Sun Microsystems demonstrated this years ago. It doesn't happen a lot, or there would be outcries all over the world, but it does happen.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#25 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 14 December 2014 - 23:15

Well, after this new patch the game is kind of playable on the Surface Pro. This means that if you have a HD4000 GPU, or some other with similiar performance, provided you have a good CPU like a Core i5, you should be able to play the game.

You'll still get some very low frame rates in some parts of Propast, but since this isn't a FPS, it's not really as big an issue it would be if it were.

It's also possible that some of the performance gains come from the "Windows Technical Preview December Update[s] for x64-based systems" (KB3021937 and KB3020114) because DF:TLJ works fine now.

• khh likes this

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#26 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2138 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 23:54

It's not only epic, it's also fact. Every day, data in RAM and on hard drives gets changed by Mesons (IIRC; it's one of those small charged particles from outer space). Sun Microsystems demonstrated this years ago. It doesn't happen a lot, or there would be outcries all over the world, but it does happen.

Well, I thought it was backed with an explanation of some sort, thank you to tell it, I like learning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users