30 replies to this topic

#21 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:20

It's not the biggest deal in the world if the problem has been mentioned before or found by someone in the officially released version. 

It's just a guideline that helps us seperate the two branches and what issues are specific to the beta/official build.

Don't be afraid to post what issues you've found here, but it's of course no use of posting things like "Lens Flares still look buggy" or "My joypad is still not working for me, and haven't since launch", basically things that are well known to be issues in the main branch ;).

Stuff like the wall-climbing glitch is possible in the main branch too, but it hasn't really been mentioned or found before testing the beta, so that's more like one of those edge cases I think. 

Anyhow, it's better that you mention an issue (like the wall-climbing one mentioned) that you are unsure about than not mentioning it at all. :)

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. :)

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#22 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:26

Ah, I gaf new version!!!

Sticky escape problem seems fixed:
Still no talking trash cans (not near the souk , and also not on sonnenshein)

House of all world still has extreme framerate problems in 4k,  Disabling SSAO helps allot, for some reasons it seems to put a huge tax on the framerate)
If I turn ssao on high it's 18 fps, if i turn it off completely i get 35fps in HOAW, turning anti aliasing on low and ssao on low makes me have 25 fps.

• Morten likes this

#23 Morax

Morax

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 15:46

I just tested a round with the latest Beta:

Performance was nice at 1800p using Virtual Super Resolution: I have between 45 and 55fps in Europolis, and felt pretty smooth. Vsync works nicely, as is the Exclusive Fullscreen option (so I don't need to have my desktop in 1800p to get DFC working in that res).

The game has negative Crossfire scaling, which was to be expected, so I had to revert to a single-GPU solution.

In Europolis, the CPU performance evens out nicely on at least four of my six core with between 20 and 35% usage each. GPU usage is around 95%, so at least it's not CPU-bound anymore.

I didn't test the other areas yet.

It could be me but it seems the load times were shorter than in earlier versions.

My configuration:
Intel i7 5930 @4.4GHz, 16GB DDR-2800, 2xAMD Radeon R9 290X with Catalyst 14.12 drivers. Windows 7 64bit SP 1 latest updates. Installed the game on a harddisk (so not on SSD).
EDIT: Using maxed visual settings except Anti-Aliasing. I generally don't like the bluriness Post-process AA-solutions cause, and I don't exactly need it on a supersampled resolution.

#24 Morax

Morax

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 15:55

House of all world still has extreme framerate problems in 4k,  Disabling SSAO helps allot, for some reasons it seems to put a huge tax on the framerate)
If I turn ssao on high it's 18 fps, if i turn it off completely i get 35fps in HOAW, turning anti aliasing on low and ssao on low makes me have 25 fps.

Just tested: I have the same issue, so at least it's not an nVidia thing. With all settings except AA, on 1800p I get an fps between 18 and 25. GPU usage is between 97 and 99%, and even more interesting:

CPU usage is between 70 and 80% on one thread only. For some reasons the House of All Worlds isn't really as multicore optimised as Europolis appears to be.
  • CosmicD likes this

#25 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 12 December 2014 - 16:52

Just tested: I have the same issue, so at least it's not an nVidia thing. With all settings except AA, on 1800p I get an fps between 18 and 25. GPU usage is between 97 and 99%, and even more interesting:

CPU usage is between 70 and 80% on one thread only. For some reasons the House of All Worlds isn't really as multicore optimised as Europolis appears to be.

Thanks guys!

That's really interesting. HoAW is indeed not as much optimized as Europolis, but it's still really interesting to see the difference in GPU/CPU usage between the scenes on your setup..

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#26 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 December 2014 - 18:57

Morten I'm not sure if you're aware, but the beta patch appears to have gone live http://redthreadgame...e-patch/page-35

• agirlnamedbob and ct2651 like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#27 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 20:26

Morten I'm not sure if you're aware, but the beta patch appears to have gone live http://redthreadgame...e-patch/page-35

Yeah. Perhaps someone accidentally flipped a switch; one that they might want to, uh, flip back? :)

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#28 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 12 December 2014 - 20:52

it would have been worse if it happend with the sticky escape bug :)

#29 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:53

I don't know if the wall climbing bug was fixed in this patch or not (because I cant get zoe to scale the building now), but I can still exploit a collision hole on that same wall).

I'm not sure if its an issue in the stable release, I still have steam set to the beta chan. But I got the update that was pushed out in the last few days and the version is 1.1.3.0

In fact I can get her to fly about abit now and stand on the protest gate, which is quite good fun. I'll try check it out later by switching to a none beta release.

There is another collision bug where you can get zoe stuck behind a barrier in the corner on the ground level and get her to drop down though the floor. With some messing about you can get her to pass though the wall, but its takes a bit of effort.

Last one for now, positioning saga to the location shown in the HoAW causes Magnus to come get you even tho he couldn't possibly see you, as it seems to trigger his proximity catchment area though the wall.

But apart from that, its pretty solid now, I didn't find anything else major this play though, expect maybe a few objects you can pass though, but thats no big deal. Not sure how relevant or useful the above is, thought i'd post it anyway.

Attached Files

• Morten likes this

#30 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 15 December 2014 - 15:11

Thanks!

The wall which can be scaled has not been worked on. I can still scale it like before, but it involves a good deal of work on the player's end.

The other ones you reported we know of, but I don't think there's been any reports from the community on them yet, except the one where you "drop" through the floor. :)

Just to reassure; I knew the patch were going live on Friday, but we were not going to do anything about HoAW optimization at that point. It is a known issue, and will be addressed when we can find the time for it. :)

Anyways, thanks for reporting. Keep it coming. It's really appreciated!

• agirlnamedbob, khh, CosmicD and 1 other like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#31 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2138 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 23:36

Thanks!

The wall which can be scaled has not been worked on. I can still scale it like before, but it involves a good deal of work on the player's end.

The other ones you reported we know of, but I don't think there's been any reports from the community on them yet, except the one where you "drop" through the floor. :)

Just to reassure; I knew the patch were going live on Friday, but we were not going to do anything about HoAW optimization at that point. It is a known issue, and will be addressed when we can find the time for it. :)

Anyways, thanks for reporting. Keep it coming. It's really appreciated!

ok, we weren't sure at all, so thanks for putting out the patch note

• Morten likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta v1.1.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users