#141 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1328 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 28 May 2019 - 20:54

RTG has been tweeting early reviews today; seems like they’re generally in the “pretty good” camp, with lots of favorable comments about the story, voice acting, and setting, some complaints about facial animations. Average playtime seems to be about 4 hours.
  • IorekB likes this

#142 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:04

I'm curious to see a regional price.

#143 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 19:39

Bingo, it's here :D

Does anyone know, what to do with the dlcs?

• IorekB likes this

#144 IorekB

IorekB

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2019 - 22:49

Aand... bought! :D

@ChrisR: Base game is 19,99 € at Steam in Germany, soundtrack and art 8,19 € and 3,29 €, respectively. I shelled out 23,60 € for the Collector's Edition containing all three items.

@WhiteKin: I didn't install anything yet, but what is it exactly you would like to know about the DLC? :)

• ChrisR and WhiteKin like this

#145 IorekB

IorekB

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2019 - 23:29

Sorry for the posting barrage, but I just discovered the Draugen launch trailer:

https://www.youtube....h?v=ziNZqEw0Adg

Lovely music, great for setting a mood! And obviously quite a few favourable impressions, going by the quotes! :)

#146 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:39

@WhiteKin: I didn't install anything yet, but what is it exactly you would like to know about the DLC? :)

This helped: https://support.stea...N-5747&l=german

There's a beautiful artwork book, the script and the soundtrack in multiple formats

#147 tummy ooh aah

tummy ooh aah

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:07

No announcement? No fanfare? 'Kay then.

Here's a video review with footage from the game that doesn't look as good as the promo materials:

I was originally looking forward to it, but it seems a lot of what initially appealed to me about this game (especially the fantasy aspects to the lore) have been stripped out if that review is to be believed. Meh. Maybe I will pick this up on sale in a few years. Shrug

#148 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 13:32

Draugen is mainly featured in the latest GOG's newsletter.

Re: regional pricing. Discounts are VERY aggressive for me. U$S 9.40 on GOG and around U$S 5 on Steam. df3550018de8418ca1b3d7d2172667dd.jpg

Enviado desde mi POCOPHONE F1 mediante Tapatalk

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#149 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1328 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 30 May 2019 - 14:14

I hope forum folks who buy it check back in and let us know what they think.  (I personally only have a Mac and a PS4, so will need to wait for a port, if and when that happens.) I haven't played a ton of Edith Finch-style games, but playing Firewatch on PS4 alongside my wife was fun, and maybe Draugen would fit that niche, too.

• IorekB likes this

#150 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2019 - 17:40

I´ve played it.
And I really don´t know what I can say about it,
because imho if anyone wants to play it
the less you know about it
(and the less assumptions you make about what it is you are going to get), the better I think.

The YT video above is imho a really good summary of what I could not say any better.
It is like an interactive guided Tour/Ride in a Themepark,  
there are no meaningful choices: The story has one path and in the end it is up to you what to make of it all.
This Game is unique and unusual, in more than one way.
Idk.. my best analogy would be: RTG have made the Game equivalent of an experimental Jazz album
and it might end up in a 99cent pile of CDs at the cashdesk in no time.

The positive:
Lissie! RTG imho makes the best sidekicks in Games period,
If you liked crow and Enu spend a few bucks when the Game is on sale just for the privilege to meet her.
It is worth it, I promise.

The World/Landscape (edit: I forgot to mention: music and voice acting) are simply amazing,

Negative:
In the end it felt like I´ve only got my toes wet,
like I was prepared for a deep dive that never came.
You get the basics, but I wished for a little more in almost every aspect,
more details on the events that took place
more puzzlepieces.
Even more Horror, (coming from me, who avoids Horror games that is a bold statement)
It felt like they´ve played it save.
Maybe it is because I was expecting a horrorgame.

So my advice would be:
Spend money you can spare without regret.
It is an experimental Jazz Album, you might not want to play it more than once or maybe twice.
You will get 4 to 5 hours out of it and you should take your time.

(OMG I apologize to any Jazz musicians, but you know I´m right)  

It is not a bad Game. Far from it.
Absolutly not.

But it does not fit in any box, really
so it is very hard to make recommendations.

• Jecica, Ringtail, debro and 1 other like this

#151 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 30 May 2019 - 20:05

Given its not on physical release on 'CD', im suprised anyone here is considering buying it ! lol :D

#152 Adam Jensen

Adam Jensen

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 May 2019 - 21:48

Started playing it today. I might not be awestruck, but I like it so far. Guess I'll see where that goes.

• Ringtail likes this

#153 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 23:17

Given its not on physical release on 'CD', im suprised anyone here is considering buying it ! lol :D

And what do you mean by that exactly? :huh:

I hope forum folks who buy it check back in and let us know what they think.  (I personally only have a Mac and a PS4, so will need to wait for a port, if and when that happens.) I haven't played a ton of Edith Finch-style games, but playing Firewatch on PS4 alongside my wife was fun, and maybe Draugen would fit that niche, too.

I played it and liked it a lot. In the beginning I was very disappointed, because it did not match my expectations and was even a little boring. But once the story picked up, it was really good and I loved the ending. To me, the resolution at the end did not feel open at all, but was better than what I had expected. There were also these special moments when I could deeply relate to the themes of the game :wub:

There are a few things that I did not really like. There could for instance have been more information about the village, the people there, mythology and so on. Also I prefere more interactive games. 

But all in all I'd say it was definitely worth it!

• Ringtail likes this

#154 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:01

I agree with the video posted above that game they released doesn't sound like what they initially set out to make.

That said, I think there are some parts of this game that work very well.

Though I never want to hear the name Betty again.

• WhiteKin likes this

#155 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 13:30

Btw, there is a 15%-off coupon for steam users who own dreamfall chapters.

#156 Z43

Z43

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:48

Well, so it's out.

TBH, for the years it's been in production, I had expected more - just in the sense of being physically more of a game. With a small single-location world, limited detail, and limited interactivity, this has the feel of a personal side project rather than a studio game.

More interactive than Dear Esther, but still fits well within that visual novel genre.

#157 Adam Jensen

Adam Jensen

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 June 2019 - 22:53

Just finished it. It really was super short. There's an 'independent art film' sort of feeling to it (especially in the closing scenes).

Things I liked: the visuals, the music, Alice's quirky personality (even though she feels like an RTG stock character at this point) and how something that I thought was half-assed about the mechanics turned out to make sense within the context of the plot (as far as I can tell this is a no spoilers thread, so no specifics).

Things I disliked: how short it was, how little of an actual story there was in it, how some of the conversations were programmed to force the player to maintain constant eye contact with Alice to make progress. It's not how humans actually talk to each other.

I guess the way I would summarize it is that it's a mood piece. I'm happy I played it, but I would have a hard time recommending it to anyone who is not already interested in it by virtue of being a fan of RTG.

#158 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:00

I'll have this one sat on my wish list for a fair while. I'll likely pick it up when its a good price in a sale. When it was announced I never intended to play it at all, just not into that whole horror nonsense, seems they have changed it enough for me to be a little more intrested in it.

#159 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:54

Btw, there is a 15%-off coupon for steam users who own dreamfall chapters.

I got that coupon AFTER buying the game.  <_<

• Szpadelek likes this

#160 Thandal

Thandal

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTerra Singularem

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:00

Played it through.  Exactly as described in the video review linked by @tummy ooh aah above.

Enjoyed it, as far as it went.  But had hoped for so much more.  Pretty though...

(BTW:  Anyone figure out the "mystery of the mine"?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users