159 replies to this topic

#121 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:56

Weren't they going to do a kickstarter campaign for this game? I can see them to be too embarressed to do that again but it might give a nice boost. And I would still back it B) 

#122 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:27

I think they would do almost anything to avoid it tbh. Kickstarter is often a poison chalice at best as far as games go.

#123 robertc

robertc

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2018 - 13:13

This has been posted elsewhere on the forum but I figure this is the correct place for it:

• popcorngal, Ringtail, Dmm and 1 other like this

#124 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1926 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:38

I'll just leave this here.

https://adventuregam...cles/view/37477

Adventure Gamer's interview with Ragnar about Draugen.

Also, who does the guy's voice?  It sounds really familiar.

• Ringtail, Dmm, Bruno and 1 other like this

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#125 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1331 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 10 April 2019 - 00:34

Also, who does the guy's voice?  It sounds really familiar.

The voice actor is Nicholas Boulton - Kian's voice actor in Chapters.

And that is a really interesting article. Ragnar seems like he's getting more candid about Chapters, and what a mixed bag it was for them, lately.  

• Bruno likes this

#126 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1926 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:06

See I told you I recognized it. :D

Yeah, he almost had me forgiving him for the years of silence.  Maybe I'll forgive him... soon™

That said it kind of sounds like he wants people to forget about TLJH. :(  That I can not forgive.

Never forget! :sotb: :crow:

But really, removing the forum links?  I mean, he said they were getting a lot of flack on steam, but it wasn't that bad here.  I can't imagine they'd hide the forum because of that.  It's sad really.

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#127 IorekB

IorekB

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2019 - 18:32

Interesting read, thank you! Felt sorry for apparent toxicity on Chapters comments section, kudos for standing up regarding not shying away from conveying a message, be it parts political! Nice that Edith Finch got mentioned as well, which I massively appreciate, that's a bit the vibe I got from the Draugen trailer - color me very intrigued!

This quote (emphasis mine) left me a bit sad though, sounds like they burnt themselves a bit regarding the whole setting and stuff:

We sort of always want to try something different, but with Dreamfall Chapters we sort of—you know, that was a long hard struggle, and we did something that we’re pretty proud of, even though it has its ups and downs, but we definitely didn’t want to do the same thing again, or even stay in the same universe. So Draugen actually was born early on in development of Dreamfall Chapters, just to give us something to look forward to [...]

While I'm still experiencing Chapters for my first (belated) playthrough, I definitely still dig the universe very much - I hope that time will heal bruises and scratches for Team Red Thread, maybe having them tackle new stories...

On the other hand, trying out new things has its charm as well - I am looking forward to the execution of that "companion" concept with Lissie in Draugen, sounds fun! By the way, any news about a boxed or even Deluxe edition of Draugen? Specifically given Ragnar's comment ("It’s going. Like most indie developers, we’re getting by. It’s hand to mouth."), I would consider shelling out a bit more cash in order to promote story-driven game development (a.k.a. Red Thread's business...).

• Teller likes this

#128 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 April 2019 - 23:10

Hmmm, that's an interesting read. I wasn't expecting this part:

Ragnar: Yeah. We do, and our next game—we’ve started work on it already—that’s the game I decided, when Trump was elected, that we had to make, because as game developers, what can we do in this world? I feel like we’re not doing anything to contribute positively to the world we’re living in. So our next game is an adventure but with some action elements, that’s very us not staying in our box and saying 'fuck it,' we’re going to rise up and we’re going to try to resist a little bit and make a game that, even if it makes ten people change their minds when election day comes around, great. So it’s set in our version of America, ten years into the future, and we’re excited about that.

So... Svalbard won't be next after Draugen?...

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#129 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 19:09

So... Svalbard won't be next after Draugen?...

Maybe it's too big for them at the moment?

#130 spteng

spteng

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:16

I think they would do almost anything to avoid it tbh. Kickstarter is often a poison chalice at best as far as games go.

Any particular reason?

#131 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:11

Any particular reason?

Have you not been around these last 5 years or so (it really has been that long) ?. RTG and kickstarters do not reallt mix well. They would much prefer to fund it on their own and avoid answering to the general populus. Can't say I blame them. Plus they will get quite a wave of negativity surounding any new crowed funding. Just check the steam comments.

All in all, best avoided, and they know it. Which is fine.

#132 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:47

Video interview with Ragnar (not fresh, but wasn't shared here):

https://www.gamereac...uist Interview/

• IorekB likes this

#133 IorekB

IorekB

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2019 - 17:59

Eurogamer chiming in on the imminent release :) :

Dreamfall dev's beautiful "fjord noir mystery” Draugen is out next week

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-05-23-dreamfall-developers-beautiful-fjord-noir-mystery-draugen-is-out-next-week

I like this quote, sounds intriguing ;) :

Draugen "has moments of darkness and fear, mystery and suspense, but it also has beauty, peace and poetry."

• ChrisR likes this

#134 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:17

Who's buying the game? Spill :-)

#135 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4559 posts
  • LocationÅmot, Norway

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:58

Not me.
  • ChrisR likes this

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#136 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 14:24

Who's buying the game? Spill :-)

I am!

Seeing as the eta is just days away I would have expected some form of promotion? Like at least announcing it on their instagram account...

• IorekB likes this

#137 IorekB

IorekB

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2019 - 17:36

I am as well! :D (Is it common for new games on Steam not to feature a preorder option even close to release? It's been some time since I was actively looking forward to a new game and regarding Draugen, I've been missing the option to pledge support early... ;) )

• WhiteKin likes this

#138 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 18:44

I am as well! :D (Is it common for new games on Steam not to feature a preorder option even close to release? It's been some time since I was actively looking forward to a new game and regarding Draugen, I've been missing the option to pledge support early... ;) )

Its down to the developer/publisher

• IorekB likes this

#139 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:57

Yeah, me too. I keep checking steam to see whether it's become available or if there are any changes to the release date. It's not like I don't trust their etas, but ... well. B)

It's nice though that the soundtrack and artwork will also be available. I am really looking forward to those as well :D

• IorekB likes this

#140 IorekB

IorekB

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2019 - 17:47

Yeah, me too. I keep checking steam to see whether it's become available or if there are any changes to the release date. It's not like I don't trust their etas, but ... well. B)

It's nice though that the soundtrack and artwork will also be available. I am really looking forward to those as well :D

One day to go... :D Being deep into Chapters right now, it will feel quite a bit anticlimactic to commit Draugen directly to the backlog, but what can you do... :rolleyes: Good to know about soundtrack and artwork, I did miss out on that info bit! Looked it directly up on Steam, and discovered that there's a 20-page prequel comic book announced as well! :)

(@Lee-m: Thanks, wasn't familiar with what's customary! :) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users