Photo
- - - - -

Patch 1.1.2 removed Propast street music?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Em_TC

Em_TC

Fringe Café Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:57

I haven't seen anyone post about this yet, so I apologize if it's been mentioned elsewhere and I missed it.

Ever since the latest patch hit yesterday, I've noticed I can no longer hear any of the really great music tracks that normally blast outside the House of Dreams, Abyss Bar, and other pubs and locations along the streets of Propast. 

:( Anyone else experiencing this? Running past them, or even right up to their doors, isn't triggering any new music or sounds at all for me anymore. I'm unsure if it's just due to loading a pre-1.1.2 save file or if it happens no matter what.

Hoping it gets fixed if it's truly a bug; I really loved the life those tracks added to Propast exploration! :)

EDIT for clarity: Egil Olsen's music is unaffected.

#2 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:27

I just did a quick lap around Propast and I think your right. Infact the music tends to fade out totally around Abyss.
oh dear :(

#3 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 13:36

Also, the bins seem to not talk any more since the first patch... :( :(

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#4 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 November 2014 - 16:38

The trash cans used to talk? I can't recall, but if so, please make them talk again.

I ran around a bit in the evening, and still ... no music blasting from the various buildings! Please bring the noise back. :D

#5 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 November 2014 - 17:06

They talked, but in Czech only (and that's why Zoe comments about the "talking bins"). I haven't checked it recently (I heard them in my first playthrough), but there was at least one person in twitter complaining about not hearing them, so I assume the people above are correct in that it seems to have been (accidentally?) removed by an even previous patch than the recent one.

• Mr Moo likes this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#6 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 November 2014 - 17:09

I think that they removed some things in Europolis to reduce use of RAM. So they won't fix this.

#7 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 November 2014 - 17:17

I think that they removed some things in Europolis to reduce use of RAM. So they won't fix this.

While true that they did some things to reduce RAM usage, I haven't read anything about removing speech or music. I doubt one sound file for the trash bins and six or so music tracks was what used most RAM. If so, bring on a toggle switch, I have lots of RAM, and I want the sounds back. :P

• Em_TC and PiotrekS like this

#8 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 19:29

Removing music for everyone isnt a good way to save ram, most gamers have well over 4GB these days, it would be totally unfair for all of us to have to suffer. I have 16GB system ram, and thats fairly common place.

Wouldnt take much for the game just to check how much ram is available and load extras in accordingly.

I don't think removing a bunch of stuff really falls into the patch notes description of 'Improved memory management', so I would hope this is just another bug.

#9 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 November 2014 - 19:33

Yeah, this seems odd. I haven't booted up the game since the patch, but it seems more like if this was purposeful, they would either make it a toggle, or make it something that only goes away on lower end settings. I mean, they got the music made for the game, so it seems really weird that they'd suddenly decide not to use it. 

I'm guessing they'll be able to give us some info on what's up when they get into the office. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#10 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 November 2014 - 19:59

In an earlier patch, some German speech files went missing, so maybe it's something like that.  :huh:

#11 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 November 2014 - 20:04

It's possible. Though it seems weird that all the audio for this would suddenly go missing when it was there previously. I thought the issue with the missing translation audio was that it never got loaded into the game. Though I'm not sure.  :blink:

• Mr Moo likes this

#12 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 November 2014 - 21:02

It's possible. Though it seems weird that all the audio for this would suddenly go missing when it was there previously. I thought the issue with the missing translation audio was that it never got loaded into the game. Though I'm not sure.  :blink:

No there was a problem where there was dialogue present in the game in patch 1.0, and it was gone accidentally in 1.1. They got it added back in 1.1.1

So I think these sounds have disappeared accidentally as well. Though I don't understand how that can happen.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#13 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 21:05

So I think these sounds have disappeared accidentally as well. Though I don't understand how that can happen.

they might not be gone, could be some issue with the code/event in unity that triggers the switch in music.
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

#14 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 November 2014 - 21:15

That's possible. And would make sense. 

I'm guessing we'll get an update from RTG on Monday. Hopefully we'll either get a mini-patch to fix this, or at the very least it'll be fixed when Book Two launches. 

I'd guess whether or not we get said mini-patch depends on the other issues people are having with this patch + how far out their projected Book Two date is. (Speculation on my part.) 

I really don't envy game devs. Fix one thing, and then a new problem pops up. At least this one isn't anything game breaking. 

• khh and Mr Moo like this

#15 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 November 2014 - 21:18

they might not be gone, could be some issue with the code/event in unity that triggers the switch in music.

That's absolutely a possibility, yeah. With the German they were definitively gone, though, as could be seen by the large download size of the patch where they got added in again.

• Mr Moo likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#16 Em_TC

Em_TC

Fringe Café Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 30 November 2014 - 22:08

Thanks for checking in and confirming it's not just me, everyone. It sucks that others are also missing the tracks (which may include new players who don't even know what they're missing), but at least that hopefully means it can be fixed.

I just checked, and the guy leaning against the wall next to the Kool Kow north of Pandemonium, along the river -- wearing what look like headphones -- is also no longer blasting music there. Guessing that it's the same type of trigger as the bars and other locations and it's just broken with the patch.

And yeah, the trash bins don't appear to be talking.

Hopefully we'll get news on Monday. :)

#17 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 23:02

A patch of the patch of the patch! ;)

• WorldsReunited, Em_TC and Tracido like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#18 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:16

Now I want to hear bins talk so much!

#19 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:36

They only talk trash anyway.

• WorldsReunited, khh and GistOfSpirit like this

#20 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 01 December 2014 - 15:47

Don't jump to conclusions. Nothing was (intentionally) removed from Europolis. Our optimisations were more elegant — and a lot more complicated — than that. No, this is probably a bug that, unfortunately, was not caught by our testers.

The canings will be severe.

We will verify and then we will consider making a patch 1.1.3 to fix this, but at best it will take a few days: even small fixes have to be thoroughly tested.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 6 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users