34 replies to this topic

#21 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:01

I think it's funny how people have come to associate shit with things negative, whereas our ancestors valued it as an essential material to farming. Basically, life wasn't really possible without it.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#22 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:33

It could well be that it was a puzzle that had to be cut, but then ok, can anyone solve the puzzle in theory? If we can look at the diagram and figure out in our heads where to put each value of fuse to make it work then it is actually solvable and thus might have been supposed to be solved at one time. If not, I would lean towards it just being a ruse.

I didn't really expect Shitbot to be solving all the puzzles. At first I imagined I would have to find the one area of expertise he was good at, or maybe decide upon it myself by solving one of the puzzles. But then I thought no, there are not going to be 4 different branches of a Shitbot story, so I have to find the one he can do.

So, having failed the tourist one and then being scolded by the security robot for another skill path, I started to realise I was being led down rails towards whatever was meant to happen. But it was a fun journey to get there and having him leap off to do something he just happened to see - within the story at least - was a nice twist.

Hmm, I wonder. Shitbot's naive and innocently unguarded desire for approval reminds me of a dog. And Kidbot's more knowing playfulness and independence of spirit might be likened to a cat, if I try to force a comparison (which I am doing!). So I wonder if people who prefer dogs for company prefer Shitbot and those of us who are cat people prefer Kidbot.

My sample of one - myself - proves my theory :P Cat: check. Kidbot: check. Case closed ;)

• Mr_Russ likes this

#23 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:58

But Shitbot was also an asshole, and that's cat territory. I don't think you theory flies.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#24 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:46

Hmm, I wonder. Shitbot's naive and innocently unguarded desire for approval reminds me of a dog. And Kidbot's more knowing playfulness and independence of spirit might be likened to a cat, if I try to force a comparison (which I am doing!). So I wonder if people who prefer dogs for company prefer Shitbot and those of us who are cat people prefer Kidbot.

Opposite situation here. Dog & Kidbot lover here. Well, dog lover and prefer Kidbot. Shitbot was boring by comparison.

#25 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:57

Cat and shitbot-person here, I don't think your theory works ;)

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#26 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:02

Ok well it was worth a try :P

I'm now going to have a crap in the neighbour's rockery.

• mrKnask likes this

#27 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2138 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 13:12

well, good try with your theory at least XD

#28 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 18:03

I dunno.... seems pretty much like a ShitBit quality theory :D :D  <j/k>

• khh likes this

#29 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 15:15

So... shit bot.  I went through and did every single part of its program. I go to do the last one, human interaction. I point shit box off in a direction, he goes... she says I'm not following him. I find shit bot at Mirs repair shop... and he won't finish the objective. Mir just keeps yelling at me to do my job, there's no confirmation I've completed my objectives and it doesn't appear that I can advance any further in the game. Am I missing something? The game doesn't make it very clear what I am supposed to do. I don't remember having this sort of difficulty before. I'll try quitting the game and restarting it. I already quit the game, and reloaded it. Maybe I need to quit out entirely and restart. 

No, the only way I could progress was to have shit bot NOT go in the direction of Mir's shop , to watch where he flew off to, to go search him out, talk to him then Zoe says. You suck at this too, I'm crossing it off the list. If you go back to Mir's shop during the final objective, if it is giving directions, shitbot will be there and you won't be able to progress in the game.

#30 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 March 2016 - 16:41

Shitbot should not be at the Pandemoneum, it's a bug that you can go and find him there. He's at the top of the stairs where you lost him. However having found him at the Pandemoneum doesn't prevent you from progressing.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#31 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 17:26

Wow, is this bug still around?

#32 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 17:51

Wow, is this bug still around?

I just downloaded the latest version, as I lost my save. I'm starting over. On the upside I have Propast memorized. I know my way around. I don't have to use the infuriating crow boy map. It is very confusing to imagine shitbot in two different places at the same time. I looked for him. It wasn't until I sent him in a direction I could more easily follow that I saw where he ended up. I do consider this part of the game to be sort of confusing. It would make sense that if I found shit bot back at the repair shop that the same dialog that occurs while outside could still occur there. But, I guess I was supposed to look for shitbot find him outside... 

Obviously this part of the game isn't going to be changed now. 

I could do without doing the shitbot "puzzles" again, as it was sort of obnoxious listening to him and there weren't any real puzzles to solve. It was a time killer if anything. This game doesn't have challenging puzzles, over all. I appreciate that, as most people don't have the time to devote to grilling adventure games. 

But, the shitbot puzzles tried my patience this time around. I was incredibly disinterested in these "tasks" in which I did nothing and wasn't at all involved... and listening to shitbot isn't really in of itself that enjoyable.Watching him waste my time and accomplish nothing just made me think of later parts of the game that I wish I was playing. 

Also, to be honest... :D The baby puzzles annoy me when you walk so slowly ... and then when you run the entire time you have blaring giggles in your ears non stop.. I don't hate babies or anything but constant baby laughter is annoying to be honest. 

But, I must admit I'm a tad irritable, I'm injured, and have to take physical therapy so maybe my patience is wearing a little thin right now. 

Also the first "puzzle"... They don't tell you how to use your psych wheel how to select anything on it. It's a timed puzzle so I'm trying to figure it out for the first time, not even knowing exactly what to hit, and then how to time it just right... they could of maybe  given a very short tutorial or something there... It took me awhile to figure the psych wheel out this time on a different computer, mouse... set up, when I had literally seconds to figure it out. It just goes on and on and on... I brought up the psych wheel repetitively. Then tried to select slow down but I didn't know how to select it, what button to push, I tried them all, then looked at the controls... then when I thought I had the right one... I had to time it just right... very ... annoying. 

I ended up going into controls and looking at the controls so that I could get past that part. It's not that's it hard, and I might of even pulled it off first try last time I played. But, this time I found that puzzle to be pretty obnoxious and frustrating on my windows set up and new mouse. 

#33 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:18

Making the Shitbot quests less buggy and more understandable could be a part of the future complete edition, you never know!

I think only a minority caught the falling woman on first (possible) pass. Some statistics would be nice. ;)

• yodagreen3 likes this

#34 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 14:32

I did on my macbook set up. 

Even Zoe thinks crowboy is annoying. I loved replaying it, it's a good game. 
I got the yaga puzzle the first time, and every other psych puzzle the first time. 

It's just that first one. It's not a big deal, it's  just that timed puzzles when learning the controls of a game, especially repetitive timed puzzles, ones without any instructions, where it's assumed you intuitively will learn the controls, can be a bit frustrating. I had already played the game, but that was months ago.It took me a while to completely remember the controls, and then I wasn't sure when I had because you had to time it just right. 

I remembered everything else. I couldn't rate the game any lower for any of my complaints honestly. We live in a day and age where we can directly complain to the actual creators of a game,even about the most petty things. Most games that I would rate a 10 had something that irritated me to some extent. So, changes aren't necessary. But I do consider the problem with the shitbot puzzle to be a mistake or oversight. But it doesn't break the game   :) 

LOL I'm not angry. I was just expressing my most sincere opinion at that time. I had a very enjoyable experience replaying this game. 

• Mr Moo likes this

#35 mwyatt139

mwyatt139

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 19:05

To me, the falling woman wasn't timed (at least not in a way that was obvious to me.) Feel free to correct me. The last thing to do in the prison seemed timed and it took a few tries before I got it right.

I'm playing on my laptop so the sensitivity of the buttons seems a little delayed

But last night I managed to get to the shitbot part and OMG the accents are hysterical. I laughed alone for probably like 10 minutes. Mira OMG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users