• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Alex_Dresden

Alex_Dresden

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 22:14

I cant progress whit the shitbot (in german called Scheißbot).

What happened: i talked to the "misled tourist", had to choose a direction, bot flies upstairs, i followed.....Some talk. ....

Nearby there is the damaged circuit. I wanted the bot to repair it, it said it needs specific information. THen i went to the service station cause i hoped there i would get these information.

Problem: now the bot stays in the service station, and doesnt come out anymore. No options available. 

How can i progess??

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 22:24

I moved this to the help forum to see if we can find a solution. If we can't, then I'll maybe move it to support as it's likely a bug. 

You shouldn't have to leave the circuit area to finish that part of the Shitbot quest. Have you tried going back there? Sometimes he's slow to follow or gets "stuck" places, but catches up if you go to wherever the quest dictates. 

Otherwise try reloading from your last save and see what happens. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 Alex_Dresden

Alex_Dresden

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 22:31

Yes, i went back there, nothing happend. As said, bot stays in the service station. I can talk to him, but he doesnt come outside => cant progress in the quest.

By the way, before this happend i progressed the following order:

1. Bot-to-Bot interaction

2. Repair program => bot likes to weld 

i was confused that bot wants to repair again (the circuit), because repair-quest (the welding) already was finished....

#4 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 November 2014 - 22:39

Yes, i went back there, nothing happend. As said, bot stays in the service station. I can talk to him, but he doesnt come outside => cant progress in the quest.

By the way, before this happend i progressed the following order:

1. Bot-to-Bot interaction

2. Repair program => bot likes to weld 

i was confused that bot wants to repair again (the circuit), because repair-quest (the welding) already was finished....

Try restarting the game.

Also the part of the quest where he discovers he likes welding is bot-to-bot communication - he's helping another bot.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#5 Alex_Dresden

Alex_Dresden

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 22:45

Right, this was communication. COuldnt play for some days and forgot this ...

Anyway:

I loaded the last automatic savegame and found myself atop of the stairs. There was a dialog with someone i couldnt see (maybe EYE-Officer) who commanded the bot to deactivate some illegal software. He did this while playing tetris melody ^ ^  !!

Then i could progress ...

#6 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 22:49

Yup! That's how that should go. Though it should be another Bot that tells him to do that. A security EYE bot...thing. (I'm good with terms, guys.) 

But yeah. That's how that bit should end. 

#7 Nodachi

Nodachi

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:09

Is it even possible to pass the "Repair program" without breaking anything? Since the bot says it needs directions, I've noticed the schematic on the wall as well as some spare parts. I can interact with it (look at it) but I can't direct the Shitbot to it (the green direction marker is inactive).

"Ah, the internal monologue. True mark of the distinguished adventure gamer." -- Flo

I want to believe :crow:

#8 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:23

When the bot says it needs specific instructions it means it needs you to point it to something. If you try to do that and an arrow comes up, you need to find where to point it so that it goes green. So if you're pointing it somewhere and it's greyed out, that means you're not pointing at anything valid for the bot to do. Try pointing it all around until you find a place where it goes green. It is there in the same general area as the fuse schematic, I assure you!

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#9 Nodachi

Nodachi

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:39

I know, I've already finished the episode. What I was trying to ask is whether there is another way to play through this part. It seems strange that the surroundings suggest I can fix the fuse (I have everything I need obviously) yet I can't.

"Ah, the internal monologue. True mark of the distinguished adventure gamer." -- Flo

I want to believe :crow:

#10 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:16

I know, I've already finished the episode. What I was trying to ask is whether there is another way to play through this part. It seems strange that the surroundings suggest I can fix the fuse (I have everything I need obviously) yet I can't.

As far as I know, he just can't do it properly.
  • khh likes this

#11 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 15 November 2014 - 18:19

I think that's sort of the point. That the surroundings look like a "regular adventure game puzzle", but then Shitbot is just shit at it, so it doesn't work. Sort of a tongue in cheek towards adventure game puzzles, or something.

I found it funny, at least! :D

But yeah, Shitbot will always fail at all of his tasks. That's the whole point of it. He doesn't really "pass" the bot-to-bot either. He just goes "oh, what's that other bot doing, I want to try as well", instead of actually asking the other bot about what Shitbot can assist with :)

• agirlnamedbob, khh and Mr_Russ like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#12 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 19:07

Well, obviously you're incompetent :D :D    (j/k)

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#13 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 November 2014 - 19:32

I feel like I'm one of the few people who didn't expect a puzzle once I got there with Shitbot. I'd gone over there and examined the panel by myself earlier. And at that point I thought that maybe later I'd have to fix it.

But when I got Shitbot and one of the things was a repair protocol, I walked over there and was basically just like "Right. So, this is where I tell you to fix the panel and you're going to electrocute yourself and I'm going to have to take you back to Mira in pieces. Got it." 

It was more humorous in retrospect when I talked to people here and they were expecting a genuine puzzle only to be foiled by Shitbot living up to his name. 

Though I will be doubly amused if we do have to return and genuinely fix that panel in a later Book. 

• Tina and Bruno like this

#14 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 November 2014 - 22:17

It was more humorous in retrospect when I talked to people here and they were expecting a genuine puzzle only to be foiled by Shitbot living up to his name.

I thought, at first, that he would fail at all but one task, but in fact he failed at every given task, so it was a surprise to me.

I did actually expect him to get the tourist hurt or killed, given his background ...

#15 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 16 November 2014 - 15:47

I did the tourist first and was confused myself about where the metro was, so I thought I'd got it wrong. But no :-D Then I lost the bot but there's an eye icon to tell you where he is, so I found him again.

I want Shitbot and Kidbot to meet and for the latter to bring out a sweet paternal instinct in the former. Then for them both to skip (hover) into the sunset together with Shitbot playing along with Kidbot's game of being the mummy. That would be almost as cute as a kitten video on the internet. :P

#16 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:01

And here I was thinking it would be real fun to have ShitBot and KidBot go all UFC on each other, down to the mat, puking lube oil and roboparts flying everywhere :D

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#17 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6168 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 21:15

I feel like I'm one of the few people who didn't expect a puzzle once I got there with Shitbot. I'd gone over there and examined the panel by myself earlier. And at that point I thought that maybe later I'd have to fix it.

There were spare fuses mounted at the wall. There was a detailed wiring diagram. There were at least nine senseless hotspots in that alley. All that buildup for an anticlimax, a throwaway joke meant to disappoint expectations? I can't believe that.

Either we'll get that puzzle later on or – unfortunately the much more likely explanation – the puzzle was planned here, but cut. :( This diagnosis fits the bill particularly well seeing that the parallel bioneer/Kidbot path attempts a few actual puzzles while the Shitbot path has absolutely none to speak of.

These kinds of last minute cuts that leave such visible marks aren't unheard of in episodic adventure games. Remnants of former, more complex gameplay plans and similar loose ends are often found particularly in Telltale's 2007-2011 period.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#18 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2424 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 November 2014 - 21:25

There were spare fuses mounted at the wall. There was a detailed wiring diagram. There were at least nine senseless hotspots in that alley. All that buildup for an anticlimax, a throwaway joke meant to disappoint expectations? I can't believe that.

Either we'll get that puzzle later on or – unfortunately the much more likely explanation – the puzzle was planned here, but cut. :( This diagnosis fits the bill particularly well seeing that the parallel bioneer/Kidbot path attempts a few actual puzzles while the Shitbot path has absolutely none to speak of.

These kinds of last minute cuts that leave such visible marks aren't unheard of in episodic adventure games. Remnants of former, more complex gameplay plans and similar loose ends are often found particularly in Telltale's 2007-2011 period.

I actually thought it was pretty funny to have all that buildup for an anticlimax :)

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#19 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 21:27

I don't know. Unless RTG steps in and says one way or another, we probably never will (and if even if they come out and say that it's not the result of a cut, there will still be people who won't like or accept that.) 

I kind of like the inverted expectation explanation. It fits thematically with Shitbot being...well...shit. And I really wasn't bothered by that whole scenario, like I said. And several people seem to be enjoying it as almost an inside joke. *shrug* Maybe we'll get a puzzle there later. Maybe not. It's not going to really bother me one way or the other.

To each their own, though. 

• khh and Bruno like this

#20 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 18 November 2014 - 23:50

I don't think anything was cut. Shitbot was ... shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users