Spoiler

#2 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 November 2014 - 20:50

It could be pretty simple if scene after funeral and Interlude never existed...

#3 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 21:44

...and the fact that we KNOW that April has a role to play in the future.  We don't know everything, but we do know that much.  The only question is: how?

• aeonfluxx75 likes this

#4 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 21:50

My theory:

April is Saga always was. When she dies, she is reborn back in the house of all worlds.

Spoiler

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#5 Puggity

Puggity

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 21:55

It could be pretty simple if scene after funeral and Interlude never existed...

What does it have to do with April?

#6 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 November 2014 - 22:13

What does it have to do with April?

When Saga is birth you can see a Shift. Also Ghost named Saga as "sister-daughter". Ghost is most likely White Kin. There is connection to April for sure!

• April_R. likes this

#7 Idinyphe

Idinyphe

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:05

...and the fact that we KNOW that April has a role to play in the future.  We don't know everything, but we do know that much.  The only question is: how?

Why do you think so? We do not know.

There are strange solutions to that. Let us take a look into some wild ideas...

We do not know what happend after TLJ. It could work out that April stranded in the past of Arcadia, maybe not even on a place she knows. She lived her life... married, gave birth to a child (Singing songs to him...)  You get the idea ;)

One day she discovered again a shift. She could not manage it to create one of her own so it was now or never and maybe other people forced her to use it. Her son never really did know his mother... except from some songs when he was a child.

Aprils journey continued for a long time (and fulfilling her prophecy) at the end she setteld down at her place by the fire together with crow. This place is out of time... so it is not bound to linear storytelling.

After decades  she is old but one day there is a call that one of her quests is still pending. She is given a young body going on her last journey. She knows what is to come and of course what happend in the past and why she is here... she is going to die in the rebel camp in the swamps.

This may be bad storytelling (using deus ex machina) but what I want to say is that there may be other solutions (we are not even thinking about)  and not all of them include that she is coming back or reborn.

Unfortunately that's the story of revenge. It's messy. Never really works out the way you want it to.

#8 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:49

The fact that her story is not done is what I'm referring to.  Lady Alvane began the story of the balance.  It doesn't end here at the end of DFC.  It can't.  For one, we have another game after this one, The Longest Journey Home, which is supposed to conclude April's story, and the tale of the balance.  I'm quite certain that somwhere it was said that TLJH would conclude April's story. There have also been prophecies made in TLJ about April's future that she simply hasn't completed yet.  Too much has been left undone in regards to April for her to simply die.  And I would see it as extremely out of character for Ragnar to just kill her off like that.  I just don't see it. 

• Bluejay likes this

#9 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:58

There must be a reason why Chapters started with April. April seems to be still important. She is releated to the Balance and House Of All Worlds is Balance-releated place. But i wonder if Saga is reborn April then what role she will play in Dreamer Cycle? Gordon told April that her role in Dreamer Cycle is over and she won't fix "dreams issue". Maybe she will lead Kian to something? Also death of April is very strong impact for Rebels. In someway they became stronger and are going to fight Azadi and free Marcuria.

#10 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:32

Why do you think so? We do not know.

There are strange solutions to that. Let us take a look into some wild ideas...

We do not know what happend after TLJ. It could work out that April stranded in the past of Arcadia, maybe not even on a place she knows. She lived her life... married, gave birth to a child (Singing songs to him...)  You get the idea ;)

One day she discovered again a shift. She could not manage it to create one of her own so it was now or never and maybe other people forced her to use it. Her son never really did know his mother... except from some songs when he was a child.

Aprils journey continued for a long time (and fulfilling her prophecy) at the end she setteld down at her place by the fire together with crow. This place is out of time... so it is not bound to linear storytelling.

After decades  she is old but one day there is a call that one of her quests is still pending. She is given a young body going on her last journey. She knows what is to come and of course what happend in the past and why she is here... she is going to die in the rebel camp in the swamps.

This may be bad storytelling (using deus ex machina) but what I want to say is that there may be other solutions (we are not even thinking about)  and not all of them include that she is coming back or reborn.

Too wild for my blood. I'd reckon that the whole non linearity is taken here to the point where most audience won't understand what Ragnar wants to say, if that were his story...

#11 Idinyphe

Idinyphe

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:40

Too wild for my blood. I'd reckon that the whole non linearity is taken here to the point where most audience won't understand what Ragnar wants to say, if that were his story...

I agree with you. That will not be the story (I hope so ;) )  It is only an example trying to think out of the box. There may be a lot of other solutions and possible storys.

Unfortunately that's the story of revenge. It's messy. Never really works out the way you want it to.

#12 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2138 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 17:12

When Saga is birth you can see a Shift. Also Ghost named Saga as "sister-daughter". Ghost is most likely White Kin. There is connection to April for sure!

Well, yeah, if the ghost really say that... then, it is probably it.

#13 aeonfluxx75

aeonfluxx75

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:25

I was *disturbed* seeing the opening cinematic, I'm sure many of us were/are.  Either way her story is not complete, whether she completes her story in the form of the April we're familiar with or not, her story does not end nor is to be told/delved into too much in DFC.  It was prophesied in DF, I think, that she is:

Spoiler

Seeing how DFC is not the story of the balance but that of the dreamer cycle, we probably won't have any idea as to her inevitable return until the after credits closing cinematic or teaser for TLJH.
(praying that gets made ... I promise to pledge so much more :wub: ). 

Spoiler

• Bluejay and TheSlayer like this

I found it I did, a way through the marshes....Orcs don't use it. Orcs don't know it. They go 'round for miles and miles.

#14 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:02

Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 aeonfluxx75

aeonfluxx75

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:37

Spoiler

O M G

I suspected it *could* be someone else, after a

Spoiler
but ... but...OMG, now I need to do another YT play through of both games again.  I was going to anyway because, consumed :wacko:

Spoiler
:D

Edited by aeonfluxx75, 16 November 2014 - 18:03.

• April_R. likes this

I found it I did, a way through the marshes....Orcs don't use it. Orcs don't know it. They go 'round for miles and miles.

#16 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:01

I was really suprised that Dreamfall Chapters started with April and pretty fast revealed her fate after tragic events from Dreamfall. Also Interlude sems to be releated to April and whole The Longest Journey story arc (Balance etc.). Many years ago Ragnar said that DFC will be a game with stories, not one story. So while main Dreamfall story arc is about Zoe and her Dreamer ablities, the cycle also features April and Balance story arc. - as sub-plot. In fact Arcadia parts in Dreamfall and prologue of Chapters continue story of April Ryan from TLJ!

#17 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 20:19

I was really suprised that Dreamfall Chapters started with April and pretty fast revealed her fate after tragic events from Dreamfall. Also Interlude sems to be releated to April and whole The Longest Journey story arc (Balance etc.). Many years ago Ragnar said that DFC will be a game with stories, not one story. So while main Dreamfall story arc is about Zoe and her Dreamer ablities, the cycle also features April and Balance story arc. - as sub-plot. In fact Arcadia parts in Dreamfall and prologue of Chapters continue story of April Ryan from TLJ!

I had expected we'd see something!  I wasn't sure what, but with the way DF ended, they had to resolve that particular cliffhanger pretty quick.  It's actually a pretty common device in storytelling.  TV shows use it all the time.  They'll end on the exciting event, but won't show how it ends.  When the show starts again, they usually resolve it pretty quickly, and then move on.  It's typically employed as a cheap method to keep people interested.

In this case, however, I think what happened is incredibly significant, and not at all what it seems.

#18 JB11sos

JB11sos

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 20:24

My theory:

April is Saga always was. When she dies, she is reborn back in the house of all worlds.

Spoiler

Don't know why no one's responded to this. That's what I thought immediately while playing, especially because the death/birth scenes are presented back to back and the episode is called "Reborn." That could be intentional to throw us off the scent of the real truth, but it seems as good a theory as any that's been mentioned at this point.

#19 DollyDagger

DollyDagger

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:34

Don't know why no one's responded to this. That's what I thought immediately while playing, especially because the death/birth scenes are presented back to back and the episode is called "Reborn." That could be intentional to throw us off the scent of the real truth, but it seems as good a theory as any that's been mentioned at this point.

I think it's because that theory is one of several being chewed over extensively in other threads - check out [post='http://redthreadgame...ook-1-spoilers/']Saga; Theories (Book 1 spoilers!)[/post]

edit: (I think it's clear by now that I have no idea how to post links, but with any luck some part of that is clickable and relevant)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: april ryan, april

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users