#1 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 18:57

Hello guys, 

This guide is a list with all the Optional ThingsChoices, Conversation ChoicesSecrets and Consequences found in Dreamfall Chapters. A similar guide for the second game in the series can be found here and a walkthrough of Dreamfall Chapters can be found here. It should be rather obvious by now, but just in case: SPOILERS AHEAD.

Chapter 1: Adrift

Storytime

[Choice] You can either scare or reassure the child. 
[Choice] The Vagabond will remember the things you said to him during the conversation. 
[ChoiceYou can choose between the path that once was and the path that might be. 

Chapter 2: Awakenings

Friars Keep

[Choice] You can talk to the Warden or remain silent. If you do talk to him, he will remember what you said.
[Choice] You can choose the instrument of death or remain silent.
[ChoiceYou can choose to mercy-kill the prisoner, tell him that you can't kill him or simply walk away.
[Optional] You can promise to tell Arn's family what happened 
•    [Consequence] If you mercy-killed Arn, the soldiers will find his dead body.
•    [Consequence] If you let him live or if you just walked away the soldiers find him and he will be tortured and then he will be killed.
[Optional] You can walk down the stairs to where the guards are and they will yell at you.
[ChoiceYou have to choose to kill the Warden or let him live.
•    [Consequence] If you kill the Warden, the soldiers will find his dead body.
•    [Consequence] If you let the Warden live he will later be found by the soldiers.
[ChoiceYou have to choose to spare the Captain's life or run him through.
•    [Consequence] If you kill the Captain, a portal will open and Kian will escape.
•    [Consequence] If you choose to spare him, the Captain takes the sword and does it himself. A portal will open and Kian escapes.
•    [Consequence] If you did not kill the Warden, Commander Vamon says he will be paying with his life for what happened.

Propast

[Choice] Roman will remember the things you said to him during the conversation.
[Optional] It is possible to talk and flirt with Roman and ask him to go out some time. If you regret your decision you can always mention that you meant going out with Reza and yourself. 

[Choice] When talking to Nela, get involved or don't get involved after the EYE Agents have left.

[Choice] Get Reza the pork sausages or the cheese soup. 

[Optional] Reza will give you several phone calls if you wait too long before going to the Hand that Feeds. 

[Choice] Get Reza the pork sausages or the cheese soup. 

[Choice] When talking to Reza, talk about therapy or change the subject.

[Optional] You can talk with Reza about several things before you leave. He will remember if you mention Sophia.

[Optional] You can talk to Sully about several things. After you tell Sully that you have distracted him and Reza enough, you can talk to him again and - amongst other things - invite him over to dinner.

•    [Consequence] If you chose the path that once was you will be working with Ada at the lab.
•    [Consequence] If you chose the path that might be you are working with Mira and Wit.

[Optional] After work you talk to Ada about several different topics. 

[Choice] When you meet Baruti you can check the results or pretend. 

[Choice] You can promise to join Baruti at the party or not.

[Optional] You can talk with Baruti a bit more. He will remember if you talk about Kaiser Konstantin.  

[Choice] When talking to Queenie you have to choose why you went in politics and what you want in life. Queenie will remember your answers.

[Optional] You can talk with Queenie about Hannah or her Name. If you talk about her name, she will remember that.

•    [Consequence] The dialogue with the little girl will be different depending on if you scared her or reassured her.

[Choice] You have can eavesdrop on Nela or approach her.

•    [Consequence] If you eavesdrop on Nela there will be extra dialogue.

[Choice] You have the choice to interfere or wait and do nothing while Baruti gets beaten up.

•    [Consequence] If you interefere, you will get on Mr London's radar, but Baruti will thank you for helping.

•    [Consequence] If you do nothing, you will get not get on Mr London's radar, but Baruti will get beaten up. 

•    [Consequence] Reza's dialogue is different depending on whether you interfered or not.

•    [Consequence] If you changed the subject earlier while talking about therapy, Reza will apologize. 

[Choice] You can either say somthing about Reza's tone or let it go.

[Choice] You can either walk toward Reza or ignore him.

•    [Consequence] If you chose tone, disappointed and ignored Reza he will storm out.

#2 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 18:58

Reserved in case there is a limit for post lenght.

If there are any errors, things missing etc. (there probably are) be sure to leave a comment.  :)

• inspector likes this

#3 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 18:59

Nice job WorldsReunited :)

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#4 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2014 - 23:44

Great job! I'd love to, over time, make this into a map for easier digestion, but I haven't really worked out a format that will work.

• WorldsReunited likes this

"This story, like all good stories, begins where it ends, in a tower, in a realm that is no more." - Lady Alvane

"I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey." - Shitbot

Dreamfall Chapters Transcript | Twitch Stream

#5 somnolentsurfer

somnolentsurfer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 10 November 2014 - 23:52

Great job! I'd love to, over time, make this into a map for easier digestion, but I haven't really worked out a format that will work.

Recreate the whole of DFC in Twine?

Though I guess by that point you might be starting to move into territory that RTG might regard less as 'fan resource' and more as 'copyright infringement'.

#6 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 23:59

Yeah I was thinking about something like that as well, but I wasn't really sure what to do yet so I decided to (for now) just use the format I used for Dreamfall as well. It works less well here though.  ;)

#7 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:26

Yeah, a flow chart just wouldn't really cut it. We shall have to give it some thought.

• WorldsReunited likes this

"This story, like all good stories, begins where it ends, in a tower, in a realm that is no more." - Lady Alvane

"I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey." - Shitbot

#8 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:57

A flowchart could work, but it would have to branch out onto separate pages pretty quickly, and there would be quite a few pages in total.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#9 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:35

Unless it could be interactive somehow. I'm totally the wrong person for that job, though.

• khh likes this

#10 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 16:59

Unless it could be interactive somehow. I'm totally the wrong person for that job, though.

If I had my regular laptop I might be able to put something together, but it is gone for repairs right now.
  • khh and Eveolene like this

#11 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7107 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 November 2014 - 18:37

Me too, sadly. I could probably do the code, but my design skills are 0.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#12 msierchio

msierchio

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBerkeley, California,US

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:43

What are the consequences of playing matchmaker with Sully and Adala?

#13 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 16 March 2016 - 16:15

I'll see what I can do tonight..a nice infographic would be handy :)

• inspector and Lynnea like this

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#14 Lynnea

Lynnea

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 00:43

Any plans to further this? Like preferably through to the end of the game? <3

#15 charmed23

charmed23

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip