#1 Undreaming01

Undreaming01

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 10 November 2014 - 17:19

Hi guys!

The Longest Journey saga is, in my opinion, the best adventure game saga ever conceived. I find both the storyline and the characters to be absolutely brilliant.

I do believe that such a story would make an excellent movie, were it ever to be screened. But I am well aware that a screening of The Longest Journey saga is unlikely to happen in the near future, as the funds required to make a world class movie, one that will technically meet the top-notch standards imposed by the story itself, are way too high.

This is why I decided to create a movie concept for Dreamfall - The Longest Journey. The movie concept was created by putting the cut-scenes and the dialogue lines in the game together, while removing the unnecessary parts that do not contribute to the story (moving around / other random stuff).

For the sake of variety, the movie concept is available in two different forms:

- "FULL Movie Concept" - a full-length movie, lasting for about 5 hours;

- "Episodic Movie Concept" - the same movie concept, split into 5 books / episodes, for an easier watching experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"FULL Movie Concept"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Episodic Movie Concept"
- Book I - Jericho

- Book II - Alchera

-----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Book III - Purpose

- Book IV - Crossroads

http://youtu.be/AJL3m_4NhXU
- Book V - Faith

http://youtu.be/1WbAbMVXVBs

As The Longest Journey was released back in 1999, it does not offer the visual experience required for a movie concept.

For that matter, I have written a summary of the first installment in the saga. A summary that also contains relevant pictures from the game, highlighted key phrases and dialogue lines, as well as brief descriptions of various characters and lore concepts. You can download it below.

"The Longest Journey - Summary, Character Index, Concepts" - http://goo.gl/9nZEPm

Credits go to the following people / companies:

- FUNCOM, for developing the first two installments in The Longest Journey saga;

- Ragnar Tornquist, Dag Scheve and everyone else who contributed at the development of The Longest Journey saga (RAGNAR IS PURE GENIUS!);

- TLJwiki and everyone there who contributed to the huge amount of information about The Longest Journey saga;

- Omgarrett, for his video playthrough of Dreamfall - The Longest Journey, which I used as video source for the movie concept - http://www.youtube.com/user/Omgarrett.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED! NOT FOR FINANCIAL PURPOSES! I DO NOT TAKE CLAIM OF OWNERSHIP FOR ANY CLIPS OR MUSIC USED IN THIS VIDEO! ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTFUL OWNERS!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Has the idea of a film adaptation of TLJ / DF ever been brought into discussion? I would gladly support such an attempt. I know it would be a very difficult task to accomplish, but I cannot help imagining a LOTR-style film adaptation of either TLJ or DF.

PPS: May the Balance be with you!

PPPS: Dreamfall Chapters is brilliant!

• khh, Pylons of Light and Tiago like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DF, TLJ, Dreamfall, The Longest Journey, Movie, Concept, Summary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users