Photo

Possible audio bug: excessive echo effect (intermittent)

bug bugreport echo audio sound chapters DFC Book 1

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3563 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:42

Just throwing this out there, as I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere. 

As I was playing Book 1, I noticed that in some locations the voices, especially for Zoë, appeared to have an excessive echo for the location. For instance, talking to the falling lady after grabbing her, Zoë sounds like she's in a Medium Hall, but from the surroundings I'd expect pretty much no echo at all (bridge open to both sides, irregular stone walls on the other sides).

The PC is new, so there could be settings I have missed, but at least I have not activated any effects processing...

I'm running off the default sound board on my MSI Z97 GAMING 3, Socket-1150, with an old 5.1 set from Creative. Windows 8.1.

Has anyone else heard this effect?

#2 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:53

I'm not sure if this is the same thing you're talking about, but in my initial playthrough (with the early access version), I did notice a few conversation lines where the characters' voices suddenly sounded like they were far away. Like the sound became more distant and turned down in volume. It seemed to happen at some random places, not with any "logic" behind it.

I haven't noticed it in my more recent playthrough, but I haven't played through the game again yet (just started with Kidbot).

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#3 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:43

I haven't noticed it in my more recent playthrough, but I haven't played through the game again yet (just started with Kidbot).

I noticed a few cases of that while I was transcribing the journal, but it was better than in the early access. Not sure about the echo, though, I'll try and remember to listen for it when I get home.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#4 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 19:53

I noticed this too when talking to *what's his name....* the campaign manager.

I managed to reproduce it by using the mouse wheel to zoom in/out and moving the camera POV around.

#5 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3563 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 November 2014 - 20:43

Yes, I think it's definitely related to point of view / camera location in relation to Zoë and surrounding surfaces.

#6 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 November 2014 - 20:45

Yeah, I just checked the scene you mentioned. You're absolutely right.

• toremygg likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#7 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3563 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 November 2014 - 21:07

I'm not sure if this is the same thing you're talking about, but in my initial playthrough (with the early access version), I did notice a few conversation lines where the characters' voices suddenly sounded like they were far away. Like the sound became more distant and turned down in volume. It seemed to happen at some random places, not with any "logic" behind it.

I think I've heard this as well, but I think that's more related to the volume level issues that Ragnar mentioned at one point.

• khh likes this

#8 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3563 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 17 November 2014 - 15:55

By the way, should this have been in the DFC-specific forum?

#9 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 17 November 2014 - 15:58

Since this seems to be a genuine bug, I think it's fine to leave it in support. 

The Help forum is mostly to help us sort out issues that Moderators / the community can answer vs. issues that RTG might not be aware of. If that makes sense. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#10 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3563 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 17 November 2014 - 18:05

I think it does. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, bugreport, echo, audio, sound, chapters, DFC, Book 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users