#41 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 15 November 2014 - 23:46

Olstyle, khh is saying it over and over because it's true.

It's discussed elsewhere, Morten commented on it and there is already a link to that comment in another thread.

The complete thread - http://redthreadgame...s-in-europolis/

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Mr Moo and 1 other like this

#42 pendulus

pendulus

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 23:50

Crossfire/SLI support?

#43 Tracido

Tracido

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the southwestern desert, usa

Posted 17 November 2014 - 00:26

@khh you are still the only one to say this over and over. The pics of which Morten said they were intended did not show the kind of boxes I and the others writing are talking about.
Lens flare are a totally different kind of effect and I wouldn't want to disable that at all.

However, I sure as hell want it optional for disabling if not fixed on those other cards. I cannot run out and buy Nvidia.  khh, however says this has been fixed in 1.2 as it sure as heck isn't fixed for me currently.  However, once 1.2 is out, I should see this less intense, & just as minor as it is on the other cards, at least that's what I am gathering here, right?

#44 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7078 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:30

However, I sure as hell want it optional for disabling if not fixed on those other cards. I cannot run out and buy Nvidia.  khh, however says this has been fixed in 1.2 as it sure as heck isn't fixed for me currently.  However, once 1.2 is out, I should see this less intense, & just as minor as it is on the other cards, at least that's what I am gathering here, right?

I certainly hope so. They are aware of the issue, and they have a machine where they've been able to reproduce at least some of the problems that are unique to AMD cards. They are working on fixing that. Though sadly I can't promise that they will definitively be able to fix the specific problem you're having. Only that they are aware of it. But the plan is certainly to fix as many bugs as possible.

• agirlnamedbob and Tracido like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#45 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11204 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:29

I think basically anything I would mention has already been brought up, but one tiny thing I'd like to add to the list: 

• Folder for adding custom music to the game (so we can put in the Unofficial Soundtrack songs if we want). 

It's not super urgent. If it has to wait until a later book or whatever, that's cool. Stability issues and other fixes are way more important. But a few people have been asking me about it. I poked around in the game's files, but I didn't see anywhere that looked like the place to do this. 

• khh, Riaise, CosmicD and 5 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#46 Ken_NZ

Ken_NZ

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 20:45

An option to invert the X axis in the control scheme! Just the Y axis is not enough.

#47 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:24

I apologize if I repeat something that has already been mentioned here, but I can't read this thread to avoid spoilers.
Please make Zoe's diary font size bigger. I wear glasses but still I had to get so close that I was 1 kiss away from my monitor to actually see what's written in the diary!

When I use certain items to solve puzzles I can't see any indication that I'm doing the right thing, like glowing in the TLJ was indicating that the right item was in the right place.
  • Nanoloque likes this

#48 Nanoloque

Nanoloque

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:38

I apologize if I repeat something that has already been mentioned here, but I can't read this thread to avoid spoilers.
Please make Zoe's diary font size bigger. I wear glasses but still I had to get so close that I was 1 kiss away from my monitor to actually see what's written in the diary!

When I use certain items to solve puzzles I can't see any indication that I'm doing the right thing, like glowing in the TLJ was indicating that the right item was in the right place.

Ah, I'm not the only one ! :D

And good idea for the glowing. Just to have the feedback that we do click on an interactive element, regardless it is pointless or not(the famous "It's not working" of many point'n'click games).

• ChrisR likes this

#49 Senter

Senter

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 16:50

Just wanted to make my voice heard: I would like to be able to manually save in the game. While auto-saves are nice, sometimes I need to backtrack all the way again and they miss out on things and stuff I did in between one plot point to the other. Auto-saves are for those who sometimes forget to save/too lazy to manually save. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned since everyone is dependant on auto save features. But when I want to save but I see only save & quit. That makes me sad. It will only save from the last checkpoint which is only based on the plot. 

#50 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6134 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 22:43

One thing I forgot, but should really be fixed.

The goal/diary icon flashes whenever there's a new entry, but it doesn't stop flashing until you open these journals.

That's annoying particularly on repeat playthroughs. Five seconds should be more than enough for the player to recognise a new entry, it shouldn't continue flashing.

• Riaise likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#51 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:43

Just wanted to make my voice heard: I would like to be able to manually save in the game. While auto-saves are nice, sometimes I need to backtrack all the way again and they miss out on things and stuff I did in between one plot point to the other. Auto-saves are for those who sometimes forget to save/too lazy to manually save. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned since everyone is dependant on auto save features. But when I want to save but I see only save & quit. That makes me sad. It will only save from the last checkpoint which is only based on the plot. 

I'll quote Ragnar's reply from another thread answering a similar request: :)

In regards to save-games, we autosave whenever something happens in the gameplay and story, and there should never be a reason for replaying missions or parts of missions, aside from maybe having to traverse the map. If you're simply wandering around the city, then yes, you'll end up back where the last autosave occurred, but you should never, ever lose progress.

It's also unlikely that we'll be making any major changes to the save-game system. It's an incredible time sink, both in terms of production and testing, and as long as the autosaves are plentiful and well distributed, there should never be a need to replay anything. We are going to make the autosaves a bit easier to browse, however, when Book Two comes along. Right now, it's a very long list that will get harder and harder to navigate.

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#52 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 24 November 2014 - 18:06

I don't know if I already posted this here but I remember posting it on another thread.

I kinda wish that the savegame system was a bit more intuitive and representing the ideology of this game more in its interface.

I was thinking about the way that your playtrough saves are presented in particular. Is it much work to have:

• a row per save.
  • Each row(save) has a left to right diagram for the playtrough of that starting savegame where you build a playtrough on.
  • Each autosave in that playtough shows an icon, and if it's a choice branch, you see it branch down or up further down in the tree
  • Each last accessed/final (crucial) savegame at the end of a book is especially marked to inform users this is the point they will go furtehr down the line.

Wouldn't that be much easier for users to manage their playtroughs in general ? Players can easily see where they want to load/save/continue/ choose another playtrough, manage and explore other choises and not loose themself into the jungle of stacked savegames like we have now ?

#53 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11204 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 November 2014 - 18:40

^ That...sounds complicated...? Though I don't really know how hard it is to implement this stuff and I'm also having trouble picturing exactly how that would work.

Note: The following is me sharing my opinion on the save game thing as a player. Mod hat is firmly off. I'm not firing shots at anyone else. Just giving my two cents. :P

I'm going to be real. I only know enough about coding to get myself in trouble. I have no idea what RTG is tweaking in terms of save management. But as long as they're working on it, I'm a happy camper. 

I just want to be able to manage multiple play throughs more easily. I don't much care about the specifics. If it's more intuitive than what's currently in place, it'll get a thumbs up from me. 

#54 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 24 November 2014 - 18:46

Made a little diagram:

Imagine that each of these are rows in the ingame load/save menu, where every button of the choses is clickable (and if you click them it loads that save)..

It's a bit represented in a simplistic way here, but each of these frames in the flow shart will also have a picture or symbol refferencing to the location /event.

In this example I've done 2 playtroughs, each with their consequences. This is how it would look (in my imagination) Where you see each arrow pointing to a choce flow that you made.

Attached Files

#55 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7078 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 November 2014 - 18:58

I think there would quickly be too many choices for it to be clear in such a system, and implementing it would be a sizable undertaking. I don't see it happening. If we get an upgrade to the save system, my guess would be save slots.

• Vainamoinen likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#56 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6134 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:13

I think there would quickly be too many choices for it to be clear in such a system, and implementing it would be a sizable undertaking.

Errr... yup. ;)

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#57 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:24

Thanks for the input!

We're currently working on the save system (mostly in terms of how it is presented to the player, that is) and we're trying out different approaches.

It will most likely be something along the lines of several slots for different playthroughs, and a way to set a slot/profile/whatever to be the "main" one to branch into the next book(s). 

At this time, I can say that it will not be implemented in the upcoming patch (v1.1.2), as this addresses only minor bug fixes and tweaks, but we want to have a better system in place for Book Two. So it will be implemented either in the Book Two-release or before if we decide to have a patch to add some minor game functionality before that time. :)

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 4 others like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#58 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11204 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:28

We're currently working on the save system (mostly in terms of how it is presented to the player, that is) and we're trying out different approaches.

I will most likely be something along the lines of several slots for different playthroughs, and a way to set a slot/profile/whatever to be the "main" one to branch into the next book(s). 

Yes. That sounds excellent. (IMHO, anyway.) 

Thanks for shedding some light on what's going on there. :) Much appreciated. 

• Morten likes this

#59 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3056 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:59

An option to invert the X axis in the control scheme! Just the Y axis is not enough.

Sorry to bring this back after so long, but I second that if it's possible/easy. I played for the first time using a gamepad and I kept getting confused because of this.

I'm used to moving the left stick left and the right stick right to go left (for example) to start moving in a direction as the camera turns, but with the X axis permanently inverted as it is now ( :P) this makes Zoe/Kian go more or less straight.

#60 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3056 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 23:59

Not about DFC itself, but I think one of you should update the system requirements on Steam, GOG etc. to specify that the Linux version requires a 64-bit kernel.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patch, wishlist, 1.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users