• LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 08 November 2014 - 20:43

64-bit Windows version.

V-sync.

Toggle for notifications.

Toggle for box flares.

DX11 support.

True fullscreen (not as a window).

Hebrew and Arabic text the right way round (so that they can be read properly right to left).

5.1 surround sound

• Jecica, Lee-m, Crowboy and 1 other like this

#22 Evil Duck

Evil Duck

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 November 2014 - 22:57

Exclusive fullscreen mode!  without it G-sync dont work neither does nvidia shadowplay.

#23 Vostrino

Vostrino

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:26

1) buy bingo drinks!

such a missed opportunity. reza writes a story about bingo drinks makes people get high, and RTG doesn't "your choice will have consequences" that...

2) also, toggle button to hide consequences notification. especially the new notification added to the patch 1.1.1 "(zoe now works in pandemonium because of choices you made)" thing...

telling us a choice have consequences is one thing (it's good and all), but spoonfeeding us specifically when those consequences occurs takes out the mysteries out of it (it's too glaring).

#24 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6134 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:16

1.) Provide individual deactivation options for

• "balance has shifted" notification
  • "will remember this" notification
  • "choice will have consequences" notification
  • "your past choice had this consequence" notification

2.) An option to deactivate the blur at the screen edges, maybe even with performance increase attached to it. 

3.) It would be great if text didn't run out of the screen boundaries at 1280x1024 (non wide screen resolution).

4.) Run mode = shift toggle. It will be a bit of a hassle for the more hardcore players, but it's worth it.

5.) I'm OK with the save system being redone at a later date. Shoehorning something new in for 1.2 when the prior concept clearly was one of "playing it safe" is a choice that may have, *cough*, consequences. A bad safe system is still better than a broken one. :mellow:

6.) I'm naturally OK with a "lack" of automapping, but that's because I now know Europolis inside out. If you're not absolutely certain that you can pull it off in a precise and artful way ("Crowboy map" = insufficient and in some cases plainly wrong), don't do it at all. That particularly applies to Book 2 and Marcuria... if you don't supply the maps, don't worry, because players will. ;)

• toremygg, aerothorn and Nanoloque like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#25 Nanoloque

Nanoloque

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 10 November 2014 - 15:18

1) Deactivation option for each notification about our choices (including the comments in the recap of our choices at the end of the Book)

2) Allow navigation in the journal by hitting the arrow keys or typing the number of the page

3) Rename Save & Quit in the pause menu to Quit since the autosave doesn't take effect when you quit (right ?)

4) Slightly wider texts for the interactive elements or characters shown in the HUD and for the Goals screen

5) Visual distinction of the Save icon from the Journal and Goals icons more obvious

6) Less lens flare

• Vainamoinen, ShadowNate and Tracido like this

#26 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 November 2014 - 15:25

2) Allow navigation in the journal by hitting the arrow keys or typing the number of the page

Oh, that's a good idea. That would be useful, since I found that sometimes when I clicked the arrow to get to the next or previous page it would skip a page or two. 

#27 Gezzas

Gezzas

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVilnius, Lithuania

Posted 10 November 2014 - 17:45

For me having multiple playthroughs is more important manual save.

Save profiles could be the way to do it. One profile contains all auto saves and world state for one playthrough. If we want to play episode for a second time we would create an other profile. When next episode comes out we could chose profile and use its world state to continue.

#28 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 19:44

3) Rename Save & Quit in the pause menu to Quit since the autosave doesn't take effect when you quit (right ?)

Indeed, or you can actually "save" the progress when you quit. That would be even better!

Also, since we're planning on multiple playthroughs, it would be nice to be able to switch between each of our trees (probably something similar to save profiles by Gezzas)

#29 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3538 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 November 2014 - 20:38

Save profile branching may have to be a thing.
  • spyked likes this

#30 aerothorn

aerothorn

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 00:40

Predictably, making the various "story notifications" that Vainamoinen spelled out optional is my #1 request by a mile. This thread is full of good suggestions and I've love to see them all, but that's the big one for me.

#31 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 11 November 2014 - 13:35

I've already posted on Steam but might as well post here too

Must have;

1) Disable lens flare :) I'd like my wife to be able to play as seeing as I went to the trouble of putting her name in the credits as well as my own. She has epilepsy so lens flares=very bad.

Nice to have;

1) Manual saves would be nice but I doubt it'll happen. From a practical point of view, the whole programming/save file storage may have to change depending on the way it was implemented.

2) Anti-aliasing level options would be nice.

3) Easier puzzles/more hints? ;) Optional hint levels? <- that last one would actually be cool and relatively easy to implement

• khh and Tracido like this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#32 Vostrino

Vostrino

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 14:35

I've already posted on Steam but might as well post here too

Must have;

1) Disable lens flare :) I'd like my wife to be able to play as seeing as I went to the trouble of putting her name in the credits as well as my own. She has epilepsy so lens flares=very bad.

no welding?

i think i even felt like i'd get dizzy if i continue looking at it

• DiskJunky likes this

#33 Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 22:22

Better support for laptop touchpads on Linux will be greatly appreciated. 

#34 Sebanisu

Sebanisu

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWest Lafayette, Indiana, USA

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:38

Fix up shot bot and kid bot so it is less buggy.

#35 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:40

Polish subtitles!

#36 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2042 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 17:35

Actually there are some street conversations were the people react to Zoes presence. Just go up to them and stay, eventually they will talk to you. (Even though you will not get any reply options)

@Topic: Get rid of the box flares and other lighting errors.

for the box flare, it is a bug, but the other lighting errors are there to rest. It's like J.J abrams movies or others sci fi movies, the lighting "bug" is actually giving an atmosphere to the game, and I will be sad if they remove it completely...

#37 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7078 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 November 2014 - 17:52

The box flare is intended behaviour, and so by definition not a bug. 

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#38 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2042 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 17:58

The box flare is intended behaviour, and so by definition not a bug. 

HA, even the box flare... I'm suprised!

#39 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2014 - 19:48

@khh you are still the only one to say this over and over. The pics of which Morten said they were intended did not show the kind of boxes I and the others writing are talking about.
Lens flare are a totally different kind of effect and I wouldn't want to disable that at all.
  • Tracido likes this

#40 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 15 November 2014 - 19:54

@khh you are still the only one to say this over and over. The pics of which Morten said they were intended did not show the kind of boxes I and the others writing are talking about.
Lens flare are a totally different kind of effect and I wouldn't want to disable that at all.

I do believe Morten actually said that the boxes will pop up sometimes, and that they pop up because of the intended lense flare (which was a result of a "bug").

So the way I understood it, the boxes are not the "feature" they intend, but as long as they stay with the "intended bug-lense flare", then the boxes will pop up sometimes. Sort of an "okay so this is maybe not exactly what we want, but we want those other lense flare and the boxes aren't that prominent so we'll keep it as is" in a way.

But all those light effects are much more prominent than they're supposed to be, when played on certain graphic cards. I saw a huge difference when my bf played with his desktop computer (AMD card, he got some lazor eye effects as well, but not horribly so), and that made the lense flare (and boxes) a lot more intense and disturbing. On my own computer, it was much more transparent and "light colors", so the boxes didn't become annoying.

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Em_TC and 2 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patch, wishlist, 1.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users