agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 November 2014 - 21:16

From the Steam Forums: 

Wish list for 1.2

Hi all,

We're still hoping to have a version 1.2 of Dreamfall Chapters out before version 2.0 — Book Two — arrives, and we already have a big list of changes and additions that we're working on…when we're not super busy polishing up the next three chapters of the game. (If you liked Europolis, you will love Marcuria.)

Before we finalise our plans for 1.2, we'd love to see YOUR wish-list of the changes and/or additions YOU would like to see in in the next version of Book One. We can't promise that we can do all of it (or even most of it) but we will definitely do our best to address the things you guys are waiting/hoping/wishing the most for.

So what's your personal wish-list for version 1.2?

Post is here for your reference. 

We know that RTG keeps an eye on these forums and that not everyone here has a Steam account (or cares to go to the Steam forums). If you want to post your requests on Steam, you're more than welcome to! However, there have been some requests for a similar thread here on the forum and the Moderation team figured that wouldn't be a bad idea. It'll help RTG organize requests from here.

[Obviously, RTG/Other Mods are welcome to move or edit or whatever this thread if needed.]

That said, what would YOU like to see in version 1.2? Let the community know!

• Vainamoinen and Tracido like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#2 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1789 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 07 November 2014 - 21:34

1: V-Sync

2: Exclusive mode

3: April :)

• agirlnamedbob, CosmicD and LoCortes like this

#3 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 November 2014 - 21:36

Thanks for the thread, Erika! :D

I'd like to put the option to turn off the choice and consequence notifications (especially the consequence notifications) on the list, along with the ability to rename save games. Or perhaps keep certain save games as "favourites", separate from the rest e.g. end of book 1 save, end of book 2 save, etc. I know that Red Thread already know about these things, but I thought it would be best to mention them again, just so that they can get a better idea of how many people want certain features. :)

• agirlnamedbob, thelj, mrKnask and 1 other like this

#4 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 07 November 2014 - 22:06

I'd like to see those silhouette umbrella bridge walkers back via animated texture trick or however you can manage it ^_^

• Andreas, khh and Riaise like this

#5 LoCortes

LoCortes

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSabadell, Barcelona

Posted 07 November 2014 - 22:22

I would like to play it in 3D with my nvidia glasses :-) thank you redthreadgames!!! You are all awesome!
  • wandrew and Edreamer Jamil like this

#6 Em_TC

Em_TC

Fringe Café Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 07 November 2014 - 22:36

Thanks for the thread! Saw it over in the Steam forums and was wondering if you guys would catch wind of it. ;)

1. The removal of the infamous and ever-flashy l4z0r eyes!
  2. An option to toggle the "consequences" notifications. (I don't mind the "balance has shifted" and other warnings as much, but the new ones...)
  3. Exclusive fullscreen mode
  4. Some sort of save file management that would make it easier to keep track of multiple playthroughs

• agirlnamedbob, Riaise, ShadowNate and 1 other like this

#7 jlddodger

jlddodger

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE USA

Posted 07 November 2014 - 23:47

1. Separate 32-bit and 64-bit builds of all three platforms.
  2. Options to disable all C&C notifications (ALL OF THEM), plus presumably a less extreme suppression for other players
  3. Manual Save, Save Slots, Save Points... anything really
  4. Folder to put custom music into and have it play in game somewhere
  5. Default run option?
  6. Sensible map system.
  7. ... i really like this game... really  :blush:
  8. More awesome!

• agirlnamedbob and ShadowNate like this

#8 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationTop of the world

Posted 07 November 2014 - 23:59

(...)

5. Default run option?

(...)

7. ... i really like this game... really  :blush:
8. More awesome!

This. These!

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

Solving mysteries with my punch-line-expert partner - Goatee-S. strokebeard.gif

#9 BadCrow

BadCrow

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationPula, Croatia

Posted 08 November 2014 - 00:00

Manual save...nothing fancy, 3 slots is enough...

• Nanoloque likes this

#10 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 08 November 2014 - 00:12

1. To be able to purchase and consume Bingo beverages
2. To not only see, but to be able to converse with the Bingo Dingo. Epic, multibranched conversation
3. Hidden Easter Egg mode : Play as the Bingo Dingo.
  • agirlnamedbob, Andreas, Riaise and 3 others like this

#11 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:18

1. Separate 32-bit and 64-bit builds of all three platforms.
  2. Options to disable all C&C notifications (ALL OF THEM), plus presumably a less extreme suppression for other players
  4. Folder to put custom music into and have it play in game somewhere
  5. Default run option?

6. An option for the cursor not to guide you on where to click. ( i guess it's to late to implement that? )

7. What happened to the Director's Cut commentary?

#12 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:21

I assume the director's cut commentary won't be out until the game is complete.
  • Tracido likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#13 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:26

1. Manual save definitely. I just hate to replay the same parts again and again and that's exactly what happening since I'm taking my time in exploring Europolis.

2. Extra RAM efficiency during load so us 32bit users won't have to resort to 3GB switch

3. [I know it's probably not going to happen but] The ability to intrude/join the street conversations. Also if Zoe sees someone familiar, she can strike an idle conversation with them trying [and failing] to understand where she knows them from. In general - make the open environment more interactive.

4. Regarding Marcuria, more than to love it, I would love that it won't crash due to excess memory consumption during game loading ;)

Ohh and a way to turn off the consequences messages (i.e. Zoe works at Pondemonium because of a choice you made)

• ShadowNate likes this

#14 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:32

Spoiler

#15 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:28

My priorities for my wishlist:
1. All notifications made optional via the settings ("X will remember this", "Balance has shifted", and the new consequence notification)
1b. Hide the "Click on the balance symbol to see what others have voted" notification when the player is offline.
2. Laz0r eyes fix.
3. More level/map optimization to allow for water reflections as an option :D. Boats (intro scene, Europolis are missing reflections in the water and that makes them look a bit strange. I am assuming that they could be a significant performance hit - if Unity supports them at all.

Late edit: I am half kidding about the water reflections. I do have a thing for nice looking water (and water physics) in games, but the priority should always be the optimized map performance.
  • Tracido likes this

#16 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:45

3. [I know it's probably not going to happen but] The ability to intrude/join the street conversations. Also if Zoe sees someone familiar, she can strike an idle conversation with them trying [and failing] to understand where she knows them from. In general - make the open environment more interactive.

Actually there are some street conversations were the people react to Zoes presence. Just go up to them and stay, eventually they will talk to you. (Even though you will not get any reply options)

@Topic: Get rid of the box flares and other lighting errors.

#17 Reeger

Reeger

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:21

1. In-game Vsync and Triple Buffering support.

2. Further optimization for Europolis (I would like to be able to run around there in 60 FPS with an i7 and GTX 970 if possible).

3. Options for windowed, windowed borderless and fullscreen exclusive in-game.

4. This will probably never happen, but perhaps in-game support for choosing high resolutions and the game downscaling them to your native one? Without having to use third-party tools like Gedosato or Nvidia's DSR (which doesn't work for this game right now anyway).

5. More anti-aliasing options (MSAA, MFAA, TXAA etc etc)

That's pretty much it. I LOVE THIS GAME :D

EDIT: I forgot the most IMPORTANT thing of all for me. Please implement a save system so we can easily separate our playthroughs (it gets really hard when I have 4 for myself and 2 for my girlfriend on the same account :()

MOAR EDITS: If and when you implement a 64-bit executable, PLEASE give us the choice between using it or the 32-bit if we have a 64-bit OS. The reason for this is because the only way to force Vsync on the game right now is by using D3DOverrider, and it doesn't work on 64-bit programs. And no Vsync means terrible screen tearing and fried video card, which will actually stop me from playing the game. So please!

#18 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 19:12

Olstyle: Yeah I noticed that. It's hardly interactive. I'm talking actually intruding. For example

Spoiler

etc...

#19 br305893

br305893

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFairfield, CT, USA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 20:23

1. Manual Save

2. More anti-aliasing options