• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 23:12

After book 4, i'm all for Roper being the Undreaming or the Prophet or even both.

He can't be just a random evil-alchemist-turned-to-comic-relief-puppeteer character. He knows things. Back in TLJ it was clearly implied that he knew who April's real parents were ( or at the very least that she was adopted ). How and why would he know something like that? Looks like he has some connection to Stark, and maybe even be part of the Stark side dream conspiracy.

• lunitaire and Daniel Schealler like this

#22 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 00:08

I GOT IT! I GOT IT!!!    Klacks is April's  f a t h e r !! :o :D

• Dmm, Indrid Cold, lunitaire and 1 other like this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#23 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3095 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:44

Are you sure he's not her father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate?

• Guyra, lunitaire, Abnoxious and 1 other like this

#24 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 18:42

Are you sure he's not her father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate?

I considered that, but her father's brother's nephew's cousin told me they never met Klacks :P :P :D

• Indrid Cold and lunitaire like this

#25 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 23:31

And then Roper regrets being such an ass to his precious daughter, he uses his Necromancer knowledge to resurrect her and they live happily ever after.

• Artephius and Abnoxious like this

#26 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 00:22

And then Roper regrets being such an ass to his precious daughter, he uses his Necromancer knowledge to resurrect her and they live happily ever after.

It's nice to know there are some 'glass half full' people in these forums. :)

• toremygg likes this

#27 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 00:36

It's nice to know there are some 'glass half full' people in these forums. :)

"Glass half full" people? Where??  *goes in search of the legendary "glass half full" people*

#28 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 00:41

Spoiler

#29 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 20:29

Spoiler

Yeah, your cheap ploy to get rid of me didn't last for long. I didn't find any of the people you mentioned, so stop spreading false rumors. During my search though, i did find a creature with very big feet, a snake like creature living in a lake and some other weird things.  ;)

( what is the spoiler tag supposed to mean? )

Let's see...oh, yes. Roper Klacks. He seems rather dodgy lately.

*the forum has been insufferably slow or unresponsive these past few days.

• Abnoxious likes this

#30 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 December 2015 - 20:35

Yeah, it's been noted. RTG is looking into switching hosting services. It seems there are some issues there, so hopefully they can figure that out and it fixes the issue.

• thelj likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#31 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 21:11

Yeah, your cheap ploy to get rid of me didn't last for long. I didn't find any of the people you mentioned, so stop spreading false rumors. During my search though, i did find a creature with very big feet, a snake like creature living in a lake and some other weird things.  ;)

False rumours? Me?? Perish the thought :rolleyes:

( what is the spoiler tag supposed to mean? )

It's a way of hiding text in posts. AFAIK, it's the only way. If RTG had implemented another tag that does the same thing, like "hidden" or "click to display" I would have used one of them.

Let's see...oh, yes. Roper Klacks. He seems rather dodgy lately.

Lately? When was Roper not dodgy? And, yes, the forum has been terribly slow the past couple of days.

#32 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 21:53

It's a way of hiding text in posts. AFAIK, it's the only way. If RTG had implemented another tag that does the same thing, like "hidden" or "click to display" I would have used one of them.

Umm...i know what a spoiler tag is used for. What i don't understand is why you hid your post inside the spoiler tag.

Lately? When was Roper not dodgy? 

Personally, i didn't find him alarmingly dodgy in DF. Besides the general feeling of "the bad guy of the first game", i didn't get any specific signs that pointed him as the potential villain.

• Indrid Cold likes this

#33 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 21:58

Umm...i know what a spoiler tag is used for. What i don't understand is why you hid your post inside the spoiler tag.

All part of the nefarious plan mwahahaha :ph34r:

#34 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 22:29

All part of the nefarious plan mwahahaha :ph34r:

*sigh* I guess it was supposed to be like a joke inside the joke? It took me a while but i got there, eventually.

Returning to the real topic, i think the "double faced wizard" pointing to Roper makes sense. One face the seemingly harmless puppeteer, the other face the mysterious Prophet ( or Prophet+Undreaming ) who has the Azadi officials eating out of the palm of his hand.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#35 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 23:07

Certainly there is something going on with Roper.

#36 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 12 December 2015 - 14:15

This does give an interesting slant to Klacks shouting "Don't you know who I am?" to the commander as he's arrested (and the commander not being in the know).

"Tell that to the magistrate".

We know that Klacks carries the Undreaming (the black fire) within him. I hope he's not the prophet as well.

• Pawlo_86 and Abnoxious like this

#37 ShardofTruth

ShardofTruth

Fringe Café Regular

• Drachkin
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 23:48

With Roper Klacks being the Necromancer King of Ge'en thousands of years ago and stealing Lux' heart maybe even before that he could also very well have been Aos from the Silver Spear of Gorimon tale.

• Vainamoinen, inspector and Starseeker like this

#38 Neurotic

Neurotic

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:57

I would've written Roper off as a classic example of Dunning-Kruger effect, if it wasn't for the fact that he appears to be very much aware that he is entirely devoid of any magic skill. He is entirely useless, even as a Vanguard-pawn. Consider the way he behaves and interact with others, for example; childish, impatient, spiteful and entirely unable to control his temper.

Consider his response to April telling him she is not a wizard: 'Wizards. Frauds, the lot of them. The only real magic is the magic of alchemy.'

Oh yeah? Not according to Benrime Salim:

'The Artisan is the most powerful of magic users. She is able to shape magic, and to use it, by force of will alone. An Artist can use magic shaped by others, mould it into new magic, new art. A Magician -- or Sorcerer, Witch, Warlock -- can read, and write incantations, drawing spells from the power of words. And the Alchemist can create magic potions. He is the least of the four. Anyone, with the proper education, can be an Alchemist. The other three requires some form of talent for magic.'

Although I suspect we all are in agreement on which of the two is the most trustworthy, I shall not be committing the argument from authority fallacy, so let's have a look at some evidence:

April Ryan is no magician nor is she educated in the skill of alchemy, yet she has zero problems creating potions. It appears that the only thing you require to master the art of alchemy is follow instructions.

Roper's actual magic skills can all be attributed to his stolen soulstone; when April shatters it the wind returns, the captured souls are released and the stone spell is broken. 

In 'Dreamfall' when April runs into him at the Marcurian Magic Ghetto, he claims that he is grateful to her because their previous encounter inspired him to reevaluate his life, and abandon magic all-together. He then goes on to explain that mastering advanced trigonometry was how he managed, afer five years, to escape the calculator.

DFC spoiler ahead: 

Spoiler

The guy is obviously nothing but an opportunistic liar suffering from a case of extreme butthurt.

• inspector likes this

#39 Daniel Schealler

Daniel Schealler

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:48

Hard to explain - I´m kinda for this theory but kinda against it....seems possible but there are facts that speak the other way.

- let´s say that Roper is the Prophet...then why would anyone tear off all heads of his statues in Ge´en? Or why would he allow that? Being such an important person behind this conspiracy...people should respect him and fear him

- again, why would he become a street puppeteer playing silly fairy tales during Marcuria fests and then let himself get arrested? Is this all coverage for his true intentions? Seems kinda far-fetched to me...

- the wizard of lies...hm, isn´t it too obvious to be him? I feel it won´t be that easy...

- still can´t get rid off the feeling that we are facing two enemies (Undreaming, Prophet) but with everyone from different world..... as you say there has to be link between Azadi and WATIcorp ....

with Brian as the Undreaming and Klacks as Prophet there´s no link to WATIcorp (or I don´t see it)......and that hurts me the most

The Azadi Goddess is Zoe's mother.

Boom.

:)

#40 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 19:21

With Roper Klacks being the Necromancer King of Ge'en thousands of years ago and stealing Lux' heart maybe even before that he could also very well have been Aos from the Silver Spear of Gorimon tale.

I agree. He is an old enemy of the White Dragon.

http://tlj.wikia.com...pear_of_Gorimon

• Alcarmo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users