41 replies to this topic

#1 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:13

I'm recently playing TLJ and Dreamfall. I noticed something about Klacks. Klacks had some domination plan in TLJ.  He fooled Vanguard. He was very powerfull alchemist. He knew about Stark and technology. Not long after April defeated him Azadi came to Marcuria, kill Tyrens, destroyed Temple of Balance and build Tower. Azadi became anti-magicans. Azadi fight magic and bring technology to Arcadia. We know that Prophet is Thief of Dreams and he is behind Tower and Dream Conspiracy. When April followed Prophet to Journey Man Inn Benrime never noticed him. Also Prophet used magic to open ancient portal to Ancient City where Dream Chamber is. So Prophet can be magican and he use magic. I think that besides Westhouse, Roper Klacks is very possible for Prophet. Klacks as very powerfull magicman could use Azadi to fight other magic creatures. He was impreesed with technology so he could bring that technology to Arcadia (use Gillmore to take over WATIcorp). He stole wind in TLJ so why not stole dreams? I know that Klacks in Dreamfall claimed redemption and he seems to be good character now but i don't buy it. There can be more to his agenda started in TLJ.

What do you think?

• wandrew, Tiago, aeonfluxx75 and 5 others like this

#2 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 13:09

Klacks was always a bit of a suspicious character. We still don't fully know what was wrong with the book he handed to April. Maybe him and Brian Westhouse are working together.

#3 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 November 2014 - 13:11

Poor Brian :P Everyone think that he is evil man...

• Veen Friend likes this

#4 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 19:09

I'm recently playing TLJ and Dreamfall. I noticed something about Klacks. Klacks had some domination plan in TLJ.  He fooled Vanguard. He was very powerfull alchemist. He knew about Stark and technology. Not long after April defeated him Azadi came to Marcuria, kill Tyrens, destroyed Temple of Balance and build Tower. Azadi became anti-magicans. Azadi fight magic and bring technology to Arcadia. We know that Prophet is Thief of Dreams and he is behind Tower and Dream Conspiracy. When April followed Prophet to Journey Man Inn Benrime never noticed him. Also Prophet used magic to open ancient portal to Ancient City where Dream Chamber is. So Prophet can be magican and he use magic. I think that besides Westhouse, Roper Klacks is very possible for Prophet. Klacks as very powerfull magicman could use Azadi to fight other magic creatures. He was impreesed with technology so he could bring that technology to Arcadia (use Gillmore to take over WATIcorp). He stole wind in TLJ so why not stole dreams? I know that Klacks in Dreamfall claimed redemption and he seems to be good character now but i don't buy it. There can be more to his agenda started in TLJ.

What do you think?

Yeah, I have always had a suspicion that he may be the Prophet in spite of the fact that Westhouse seems the more likely candidate. He seemed to know a lot about April in TLJ, that she was adopted and did not know who her real parents were, why would he even know that at all about her or even care, unless there is more to him than meets the eye? Yes, he played the buffoon in both previous games and maybe will in this game, but it could all just be an act to throw people off his track. But we will soon find out whether he, Brian or some other character is the Prophet.

Poor Brian :P Everyone think that he is evil man...

I don't, I think he is being used by the undreaming and I think most people think this is the case.

• NeilClaimer, aeonfluxx75 and inspector like this

#5 Veen Friend

Veen Friend

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationDenmark, Køge

Posted 07 November 2014 - 19:55

We know that Prophet is Thief of Dreams and he is behind Tower and Dream Conspiracy.

I think you have the best hypothesis/theory of who could be the Prophet of all known figures. And also we can count many out of being under suspicion to be the Prophet. I think of all those who are in away attacked or partly overtaken by the undreaming. And those who are overtaken by the Undreaming would not be the real Thief of Dreams, they are only with the Dream Conspiracy like slaves. Like presumably Reza could be. I think now both Brian Westhouse and Reza is totally out of being in the possibility to be The Prophet himself. Of course there would be other evil co-conspirators with the Prophet. But please feel free to make your own consideration, that's important and fun.  :)

This stealing dreams like stealing winds would compel Rober Klacks not Westhouse at all. Westhouse uses the real winds to fly and that's a good dream...

I can't see Westhouse use magic. That would be impossible. He would use proper technology or Crow! But for Roper Klacks, that would be the first choice, please!  :D

Brian himself guided a way for Zoé to meet the Dark People and the White Drakin.

Roper Klacks provided a book of magic to open a way for April to go with the Dark People to meet the White Drakin and Crow.

Great job, and thanks.  :sotb:

#6 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 23:38

It is interesting to note, that Roper Klacks stole people's souls by trapping them into a soulstone in the longest journey. Not that different from what was happening under the dream tower in Marcuria.

• wandrew, Dmm, debro and 1 other like this

#7 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3095 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 23:05

Roper Klacks provided a book of magic to open a way for April to go with the Dark People to meet the White Drakin and Crow.

And by doing so, he planted an object in their library. It may be related to what attacked the White.

• aeonfluxx75 and Veen Friend like this

#8 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 December 2014 - 23:14

And by doing so, he planted an object in their library. It may be related to what attacked the White.

Prophet used "invisiblity" trick in Journeyman's Inn. Klacks was able to make invisiblity fluid in TLJ.

• Veen Friend and Amistat like this

#9 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 06 June 2015 - 16:03

Didn't know where else to put this comment but because it deals with Klacks, figured I'd post it in this thread. :)

Like many others, since 2000 I've played TLJ more times than I can count. Enough times that I'm able to quote most of the dialogue before it pops up on screen. Imagine my surprise when I found a response that I don't remember seeing before. Must have come across it at one time but apparently I've taken a different path so many times that I forgot. Anyway, I just don't recall his response when she decides to be polite when first talking to him.

Spoiler

Yay for still being able to find new things after playing so many times!  :lol:

• Dmm likes this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#10 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6154 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 16:09

Klacks was always a bit of a suspicious character. We still don't fully know what was wrong with the book he handed to April. Maybe him and Brian Westhouse are working together.

Sure, of course. After all, they even share...

Spoiler

• Dmm and Rowan37 like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#11 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 June 2015 - 17:22

Well after Book Three..well...i'm more sure about some things than before.

• Abnoxious likes this

#12 maxwell247

maxwell247

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:36

So Roper Klacks never shows up in Ep.3. Well then, we've got two more opportunities to go! And I'm still excited for Brian Westhouse!!!

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#13 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:58

However, some things that Ferdows said in B3 just SCREAMED Klacks. Perhaps he has given them the calculator technology and thinks he's the mastermind behind the machine, to later be tossed aside by the Azadi (or whoever it is that is truly running the show)

• Pawlo_86 likes this

just a forum ghost

#14 maxwell247

maxwell247

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 13:26

However, some things that Ferdows said in B3 just SCREAMED Klacks. Perhaps he has given them the calculator technology and thinks he's the mastermind behind the machine, to later be tossed aside by the Azadi (or whoever it is that is truly running the show)

What an interesting point. I haven't thought about that. I assume it's enough reason for engine scene to be replayed once more
  • Pawlo_86 and Abnoxious like this

#15 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:57

A lot of revelations about Roper Klacks in Book Four. Roper Klacks stole Soul Stone from Lux. He escaped calculator with help of some kind of god and decided to support it, He hates April Ryan so much. He was Necromancer King of Ge'en.

Yaga and Abnaxus warmed Zoe about Wizard of Lies who made a pact with Black Fire and holds it inside and who wants to own dreams and reshape reality.

THEORY:

I think that Roper Klacks is The Prophet. He made a pact with Undreaming to escape calculator and works for it. He wants to reshape Arcadia into technology world by use of The Engine. He wants to annihilate all magical creatures by deadly virus. His influences lead to split of Oular and Yehte and Yehte build Underground City, Well Of Dreams and became slaves of Undreaming. He controls Azadi and Yehte. He wants to hide his face/identity for all costs.

Still no direct link between Azadi and WATI but Klacks can be it because he had some connection to Stark and Vanguard.

• Alcarmo likes this

#16 Alcarmo

Alcarmo

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 08 December 2015 - 13:16

Hard to explain - I´m kinda for this theory but kinda against it....seems possible but there are facts that speak the other way.

- let´s say that Roper is the Prophet...then why would anyone tear off all heads of his statues in Ge´en? Or why would he allow that? Being such an important person behind this conspiracy...people should respect him and fear him

- again, why would he become a street puppeteer playing silly fairy tales during Marcuria fests and then let himself get arrested? Is this all coverage for his true intentions? Seems kinda far-fetched to me...

- the wizard of lies...hm, isn´t it too obvious to be him? I feel it won´t be that easy...

- still can´t get rid off the feeling that we are facing two enemies (Undreaming, Prophet) but with everyone from different world..... as you say there has to be link between Azadi and WATIcorp ....

with Brian as the Undreaming and Klacks as Prophet there´s no link to WATIcorp (or I don´t see it)......and that hurts me the most

• Pawlo_86 likes this

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself." - Vestrum Tobias

#17 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 December 2015 - 13:31

- my guess is that removing of statues head was undercover for Prophet's indentity, he wants to hide his face (even from Azadi) for all costs,

- Yeah. The Wizard reference is strange and can be lead to wrong direction. Dragon, Sentinel or Vanguard also can be named Wizard, but i think that Undreaming is the key,

- the main enemy is Undreaming - Prophet works for it, maybe Undreaming has an ablity to posses someone from WATIcorp? Or we will see a Klacks link to WATI in Book Five...

• thelj likes this

#18 Alcarmo

Alcarmo

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 08 December 2015 - 13:50

Yeah, too many questions and theories as always and a new headache is coming xD

I wonder if Undreaming can really pass from body to body - and if yes - is it easily or based on pact, voluntarily or with force.... that would make it totally almighty and capable of everything (even possessing Zoë or Kian and that would be end so I don´t think it´s that easy as well)..... more and more intriguing :) and more and more headache, of course :P

• Pawlo_86 likes this

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself." - Vestrum Tobias

#19 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 December 2015 - 13:54

Yeah, too many questions and theories as always and a new headache is coming xD

I wonder if Undreaming can really pass from body to body - and if yes - is it easily or based on pact, voluntarily or with force.... that would make it totally almighty and capable of everything (even possessing Zoë or Kian and that would be end so I don´t think it´s that easy as well)..... more and more intriguing :) and more and more headache, of course :P

I always compared Undreaming to Devil/Satan in Christianity. I think that Undreaming can posses everyone who dreams are stolen. Klacks isn't only possesed - he let Unfrraming to enter his body. As Abnaxus said  Wizard is Undreaming.

• Alcarmo likes this

#20 Alcarmo

Alcarmo

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 08 December 2015 - 14:32

Yeah, I mean possessed = controlled by Undreaming from inside.... 

anyway, look - if you say that the Undreaming passed from Westhouse to Klacks (on some kind of pact 5 years ago when he freed him from calculator)...who killed the White Dragon in Dark Library then?

If you say it was again Klacks (using his book as some kind of transport).....how did he know that she´s there? He could only know that if Westhouse told him before he took Zoë on his cloudship.

Which means that Westhouse still cooperates with Klacks from beginning till now.... so Klacks is Undreaming, Westhouse is Prophet (or isn´t) and I don´t see the link to Azadi or Waticorp again.... I´m giving up for now :D

• Pawlo_86 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users