Silberengel

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 November 2014 - 21:37

Hey PPL at RedThread :) 

After finally getting the Mac version of the game to a playable status I simply have to say THANKS. 

THANKS for showing how to tell stories. 

THANKS for the density of atmosphere despite the lack of action or adventure. 

THANKS for some quality time to spend walking Propast, chasing what you are (or were). 

Hope you'll stick up to this until the end (and beyond). 

Usually, I'm reading books. Long ones. Multi-volume series. Like the Wheel of Time. Sword of Truth. Or Game of Thrones (glad it has some publicity lately). 

But Ragnars games just kicked ass since Dreamfall. 

Would love to have you PPL keep this up in the digital world. Will back you ever, if you manage to. 

THANKS again :) 

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and 10 others like this

#2 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 15:51

Indeed once I got the game running, it was simply great!

One small note though, Zoe runs around all of Propast with a long shirt and pants, while it's very hot and humid. poor girl...

• CosmicD and DiskJunky like this

#3 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:42

I too say thanks. I hope players take the time to look around - I mean everywhere. The graphic detail is something else. Also listen to the conversations - sometimes the characters will respond to Zoe's presence, sometimes they have interesting touches to add.

#4 merryawe

merryawe

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:36

Indeed once I got the game running, it was simply great!

One small note though, Zoe runs around all of Propast with a long shirt and pants, while it's very hot and humid. poor girl...

You know, it's ze Future, maybe it's all some kind of smart wear to cool her down really!

meeeh.

• Christoffer Sunrider Grav likes this

#5 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 November 2014 - 15:51

You know...everyone keeps mentioning Zoe's choice of clothing and it makes me feel like I'm the only person who never wears shorts or whatever. Even if it's super hot out. <<;

• TalkingOak and Riaise like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#6 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 November 2014 - 16:15

Nooooo, you're not the only one, Erika. I wear the same clothing all year round, I just add more layers in the winter. I think I wore a t-shirt maybe twice this year? The rest of the time it's long sleeves all the way! :P

#7 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 17:05

You know...everyone keeps mentioning Zoe's choice of clothing and it makes me feel like I'm the only person who never wears shorts or whatever. Even if it's super hot out. <<;

Nooooo, you're not the only one, Erika. I wear the same clothing all year round, I just add more layers in the winter. I think I wore a t-shirt maybe twice this year? The rest of the time it's long sleeves all the way! :P

What are the temperatures like where you are? I can imagine somebody doing that at about 20 degrees (Celsius), although it would still be uncomfortable for me, but if it got above 25-30 it should be torture.

#8 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 19:46

England has mild winters and barely has summers at all, so it's not that surprising.  The difference between day and night where I live is often bigger than between summer and winter in London.  But I lived in South Texas for six years where temperatures above 40C with high humidity are not unusual and many people rarely wear shorts there.

#9 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 November 2014 - 23:23

What? That's blasphemy.

I predominantly wear shorts from late spring to early - mid autumn. And I wear just a t-shirt ... all year round, basically. Spring, autumn and winter I just put on a coat when I go outside.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#10 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 November 2014 - 23:28

I do wear t-shirts, but I've been known to wear a hoodie or use a blanket even in the summer.

Unless it's really hot and they're my pajamas, I never wear shorts. Ever. Or skirts, for that matter. They make me super uncomfortable. Not even self conscious (though that sometimes)...I just...am more comfortable in pants. Even if it's pushing 90 F (32 C), I will still wear jeans. 

#11 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 November 2014 - 23:40

Well, I guess that's no crime...

Though you miss out on one of the best things in life; visiting a warmer country during winter or spring and wear just shorts, t-shirt and a sun hat while they're wearing full winter gear. 

• agirlnamedbob and Bruno like this

April Ryan is my friend,

#12 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 November 2014 - 23:44

Oh, no, I've still  been able to do that. I mean, to a point. I've been to California and Florida in like March wearing sandals and no jacket while everyone there is still wearing their winter coats. 

Edit: I just get cold really easily. Probably because I have a shitty thyroid. That or I'm just part lizard. 

• khh likes this

#13 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:19

What have I done?  :o

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#14 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:21

That or I'm just part lizard. 

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

#15 merryawe

merryawe

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:01

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Are you effing serious? Don't you dare! So cute.

Pure+excitement_b12351_4986758.gif

• agirlnamedbob, TalkingOak and khh like this

#16 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:04

Besides the only lizards 'round these parts breathe fire. So I'm not sure it'd be very effective.

April Ryan is my friend,

#17 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:40

I am a pussy in this regard, I absolutely can't stand hot weather. If I was a girl I would be Anita Sarkeesian's worst nightmare if it's above 23° (celsius ofcourse). Couldn't stand clothing and on 30+ days I dred the moment that I have to wear a t shirt :P Luckily I'm male, otherwise I'd have to ... ahem... bend some rules.

#18 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:12

I don't really like clothes anyway. The only way I'd call a piece of clothing actually comfortable would be if I couldn't feel it. If I move and I feel something touching me all the time, that's discomfort.

That said, I'm not a nudist. Or at least not practically; I agree with their principles (at least the ones I know).

#19 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2424 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:42

Well, I guess that's no crime...

Though you miss out on one of the best things in life; visiting a warmer country during winter or spring and wear just shorts, t-shirt and a sun hat while they're wearing full winter gear. 

Yup, it's a well known national pastime to make fun of tourists that show up in Lisbon like that when for us it is very cold outside :)

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#20 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 November 2014 - 17:15

If I was a girl I would be Anita Sarkeesian's worst nightmare if it's above 23° (celsius ofcourse). Couldn't stand clothing and on 30+ days I dred the moment that I have to wear a t shirt :P Luckily I'm male, otherwise I'd have to ... ahem... bend some rules.

...Don't hate me, but I just really really really feel the need to correct a common misconception here. >>; 

This is a sometimes contentious topic in feminism, but from everything I've gotten from Anita's video and from most of current wave feminism, the issue isn't women wearing revealing clothing. The issue isn't even women wearing revealing clothing in video games. The issue is objectification and the fact that when a woman wears revealing clothing, some people feel that means she can be treated as a sex object. The issue is with the treatment, not the outfit. 

There's actually a current movement trying to make it legal for women go be topless in public (in places where it's currently illegal / frowned upon) for equality reasons. ;)

That said, while I'm all for people wearing as much or as little as they want to in order to be comfortable, I personally feel most comfortable in pants. As I said. Even when it's super warm. 

Oh, and re: tourists - We sort of have the opposite game here. We can spot tourists / out of towners  based on how cold it has to be before they start bundling up. 

My uncle lives in Arizona and when he visits and the weather is even remotely cool he wears like 20 layers. 

Him: Man, I need to go to the store and buy some gloves and a hat. It's freezing. 

Me: ...It's 50 degrees. (10 C) ...Are you... ...Really?

• GistOfSpirit and Bruno like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feedback, positive, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users