• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bnewcol

bnewcol

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:56

I just started the game,  in the snow, with the coma Zoe in bed behind...and I have no idea what to do. I've looked at everything there is to look at, can't walk anywhere.  I am at a loss.  would like a walkthru.

Also, the video is soooooo laggy for me.  I emailed support, but if anyone knows what to do.  in reading, looks like it's a prob for a lot of people, even when video is at low settings. 

if i downloaded today, will i have the 1.1.1 patch people are talking about?  how can i tell if i have the most up to date, with patch?

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:02

One of our forum members has put together a walkthrough which you can find here: http://redthreadgame...17-walkthrough/

What platform do you have the game on? Steam, GOG, or Humble? If you got it on Steam or Humble, you should have 1.1.1. If you got it on GOG, I believe there's a separate patch file. (Though if you're a GOG user and are on Mac / Linux, there's been a delay with that patch on GOG's end for some reason.) 

What are your system specs? There are some suggestions for performance issues in the FAQ over here. If you can give us some more specific details about your machine and what sort of lag you're experiencing, we may be able to give some troubleshooting suggestions. Also try dialing back the game's settings if you haven't already. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:06

I was typing up the same response as Erika there, but I can tell you how to progress

Spoiler

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#4 bnewcol

bnewcol

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:27

One of our forum members has put together a walkthrough which you can find here: http://redthreadgame...17-walkthrough/

What platform do you have the game on? Steam, GOG, or Humble? If you got it on Steam or Humble, you should have 1.1.1. If you got it on GOG, I believe there's a separate patch file. (Though if you're a GOG user and are on Mac / Linux, there's been a delay with that patch on GOG's end for some reason.) 

What are your system specs? There are some suggestions for performance issues in the FAQ over here. If you can give us some more specific details about your machine and what sort of lag you're experiencing, we may be able to give some troubleshooting suggestions. Also try dialing back the game's settings if you haven't already. 

I got the game tonite off Steam

I have a Dell Inspiron with Win 7, 8GB RAM, 64 bit, i5 Intel processor 3.10 GHz

I have a widescreen monitor with ATI Radeon HD 5450 Display Adaptor

the video seems very laggy, the opening segment was not smooth at all, and the audio with video seemed out of sync.  like when it zooms in, it goes in steps, not smooth.  when i go to the settings pages, even clicking on a setting to change it, the reaction time to that is sooooo slow, i have to click it several times.  when things are falling like snow, it is not smooth, it is spotty, will be in one spot, then the next time you see it is is 2" down the screen.  nothing is smooth

what should I do with these settings:

Anti Alias - low/off?

SSAO - I don't know what that means, off?

Noise/Grain - checked or unchecked?

Motion Blur - off?

Depth of Field -check/uncheck?

#5 bnewcol

bnewcol

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:34

I was typing up the same response as Erika there, but I can tell you how to progress

Spoiler

i see the ghosts and the eye icon that when you click it talks and talks, i did the talking for the ghosts and for Storytime.  I am not getting a column of green fire or a wheel with a hand icon

#6 Vostrino

Vostrino

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:48

I got the game tonite off Steam

I have a Dell Inspiron with Win 7, 8GB RAM, 64 bit, i5 Intel processor 3.10 GHz

I have a widescreen monitor with ATI Radeon HD 5450 Display Adaptor

the video seems very laggy, the opening segment was not smooth at all, and the audio with video seemed out of sync.  like when it zooms in, it goes in steps, not smooth.  when i go to the settings pages, even clicking on a setting to change it, the reaction time to that is sooooo slow, i have to click it several times.  when things are falling like snow, it is not smooth, it is spotty, will be in one spot, then the next time you see it is is 2" down the screen.  nothing is smooth

what should I do with these settings:

Anti Alias - low/off?

SSAO - I don't know what that means, off?

Noise/Grain - checked or unchecked?

Motion Blur - off?

Depth of Field -check/uncheck?

i had a similar dell too in the past.

anti aliasing off

ssao off

motion blur off.

shadow distance choose the shortest.

noise / grain up to you. i mostly leave it off.

i always leave depth of field default (in this case checked)

also... on the graphic settings choose medium or low. you will have a smooth experience now. i had the same dell in the past. you cant use high or awesome for graphic settings sorry.

don't forget to install patch 1.1.1 from steam.

#7 bnewcol

bnewcol

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:56

Spoiler

ok, you have to run thru all the conversation lines about each item by her bed before it moves on....guess that could be added to the walkthru.  I now have the hand icon.  thank you!  I put all my settings on low or off, and it seems a little better lag wise, but not the greatest.I'm sorry I don't know how to do Spoiler settings (to not show story line info).

• khh likes this

#8 bnewcol

bnewcol

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:57

i had a similar dell too in the past.

anti aliasing off

ssao off

motion blur off.

shadow distance choose the shortest.

noise / grain up to you. i mostly leave it off.

i always leave depth of field default (in this case checked)

also... on the graphic settings choose medium or low. you will have a smooth experience now. i had the same dell in the past. you cant use high or awesome for graphic settings sorry.

don't forget to install patch 1.1.1 from steam.

If I downloaded it from Steam just now, doesn't that include the patch?  if not, where do I get the patch?  how can I tell what I have loaded?  thank you for the video settings info.  What is noise/grain?  i don't know what that means to know how i should set it.

#9 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:04

I'm glad you figured it out. I didn't actually know you had to look over the things on her bed.

I'm afraid the reason it's choppy is because your GPU is below the minimum specs for this game, according to this chart (minimum requirement is Intel HD Graphics 4000). It's possible to tweak the resolution to a lower one than the game officially supports using the registry, there are some details on this in the FAQ I believe.

If you have it on Steam, and you downloaded it after Friday last week, you definitively have the 1.1.1 patch.

April Ryan is my friend,

#10 bnewcol

bnewcol

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:11

I'm glad you figured it out. I didn't actually know you had to look over the things on her bed.

I'm afraid the reason it's choppy is because your GPU is below the minimum specs for this game, according to this chart (minimum requirement is Intel HD Graphics 4000). It's possible to tweak the resolution to a lower one than the game officially supports using the registry, there are some details on this in the FAQ I believe.

If you have it on Steam, and you downloaded it after Friday last week, you definitively have the 1.1.1 patch.

Isn't anIntel HD 5454 better than an HD 4000 graphics?  I have 5454.  That chart is about an AMD graphics, is Intel the same as AMD?  and if they release more patches, how do you download them off Steam? Do they let you know one is avail?

My bad, just checked, i do have ATI Radeon HD 5450.  i'll read that article more closely to see what to do.  thank you again!

#11 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:16

Steam will automatically download and apply patches, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

April Ryan is my friend,

#12 bnewcol

bnewcol

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:25

isn't the "L" and "shift" key supposed to make her run?

Disregard, I see you can reprogram what keys you want to do things. 

#13 Vostrino

Vostrino

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:26

Isn't anIntel HD 5454 better than an HD 4000 graphics?  I have 5454.  That chart is about an AMD graphics, is Intel the same as AMD?  and if they release more patches, how do you download them off Steam? Do they let you know one is avail?

My bad, just checked, i do have ATI Radeon HD 5450.  i'll read that article more closely to see what to do.  thank you again!

5450 is slow. not super slow but it's not fast either.

if it's still not smooth with medium, try low settings. maybe it will be smoother.

i don't know how much performance hit noise / grain will give or if it's better on or off. just leave it default if you're not sure.

noise / grain basically gives noise and grain in-game to make it more film-like

(please CMIIW)

#14 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:28

isn't the "L" and "shift" key supposed to make her run?

Left Shift makes her run.

April Ryan is my friend,

#15 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1568 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 05 November 2014 - 14:04

Or holding left mouse and right mouse buttons down together.

• Morten likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: walkthru, help, lag, patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users