• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 astrodrayer

astrodrayer

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:35

Why did I purchase "Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition" on Steam and I am not able to receive downloadable content?

#2 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:41

I guess the people to contact about that would be steam/valve if that is where you bought your key.

#3 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:45

Why did I purchase "Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition" on Steam and after a few days was downgraded to the regular edition?

The extras included in Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition show up as DLC. Open Steam, right click on Dreamfall Chapters, select properties, and view the DLC tab. If there's DLC available there, you haven't been downgraded.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#4 astrodrayer

astrodrayer

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:00

Thanks for the quick replies, Lee-m and khh.

I checked under DLC and there is nothing but the game itself. Ironically, the description of the game under DLC says "Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition", while on the Library it only says "Dreamfall Chapters".

I guess I will have to reach out to Steam Support and let them know that the actual game I purchased is not visible on the Library.

Thanks again.

#5 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:09

I don't know if it'll make a difference, but if you haven't already, try relaunching your Steam client. I know a few people had to relaunch theirs before their DLC showed up. If that doesn't work, then yeah, you'll have to reach out to Valve.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#6 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:15

Thanks for the quick replies, Lee-m and khh.

I checked under DLC and there is nothing but the game itself. Ironically, the description of the game under DLC says "Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition", while on the Library it only says "Dreamfall Chapters".

I guess I will have to reach out to Steam Support and let them know that the actual game I purchased is not visible on the Library.

Thanks again.

Then you have the special edition. This is what it looks like for those of us with the regular edition

dfc-steam-regular-edition.png

• Morten likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#7 astrodrayer

astrodrayer

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 23:56

The issue was resolved. The content had been there all the time. It was not linked to the DLC resources of the Steam application. The solution was to look for the content directly at the installation folder. I hope this helps.

• agirlnamedbob and Vostrino like this

#8 ookkeri1983

ookkeri1983

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:09

Did all backers get special edition?

#9 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:14

All backers who backed at a high enough level to receive the game will get the content added to the Special Edition of the game when said content is released. The only difference is that all backer extras are distributed through Humble Bundle, so they will not appear on Steam / GOG. 

• ookkeri1983 likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#10 ookkeri1983

ookkeri1983

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:18

All backers who backed at a high enough level to receive the game will get the content added to the Special Edition of the game when said content is released. The only difference is that all backer extras are distributed through Humble Bundle, so they will not appear on Steam / GOG. 

Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: downgraded, special edition, steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users