29 replies to this topic

#21 EndlessJourney4

EndlessJourney4

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:28

agirlnamedbob: I get the little gear icon, it just won't give me the options when I click on it. I've moved Kian around and still doesn't work.

khh: I have Windows 7. HP Pentium 4 Dual Processor. I have the minimum requirements (but just...) to run the game.

#22 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:46

Hi there. Sorry you're having such trouble with the game. I just changed the topic title to better reflect what's going on (since the "stuck at lamp" seems more like a walkthrough-ish question). I don't quite know if "action wheel icon" is the best word for the icon though, so other mods are free to change it. Also, maybe this should be moved to the support section?

• agirlnamedbob likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#23 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:51

Thanks Tina. Good call.

@EndlessJourney4: Can you give us your full specs? Also, where do you have the game installed from (Steam, GOG, Humble)? Do you have the latest patch?
  • Tina likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#24 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:18

But the gear icon works on most things? Are you playing with a mouse, or using the touch pad?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#25 EndlessJourney4

EndlessJourney4

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:36

@agirlnamedbob:

E5800 3.20GHZ (Intel Dual Processor)

4GB RAM

OS Windows 7, 64 bit

530GB free

Directx11

khh: The gear icon is working with most things. This last happened when I was having a problem at the lamps and it was just a matter of positioning Zoe. That isn't working with Kian.

#26 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:50

Hmm... seems like an odd bug to have. I don't remember seeing anyone else with this specific issue. Do you have the 1.1.2 patch installed? If you're on Steam, this should have been installed automatically. If you're on GOG or Humble, you would have had to have downloaded it manually. I'm not sure if the patch will make a difference with this particular issue, but it helps for trouble shooting purposes to know. 

#27 EndlessJourney4

EndlessJourney4

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:07

Sorry, knew I was forgetting a question. Yes, I do have the most recent patch. I download directly from Humble.

And I forgot to answer @khh other question. I'm using a gamepad but I have alternated between gamepad and mouse and it doesn't make a difference in this instance.

#28 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:25

No need to apologize! You're fine. Just trying to make sure we eliminate all of the easy stuff before we move on. 

I wonder if this is a similar glitch to the one someone else reported where they were unable to launch dialogue with an NPC later in the game. 

I assume that you've already exited the game and reloaded it from the last save. You can also try loading from the save prior to your last save to see if that makes a difference. There have been a few people who have had glitches like this resolve when doing so. 

Something else that has worked for some people when they encounter weird glitches like this is to reset your settings. I'm going to quote khh from another thread here (because I don't trust myself to explain it without forgetting something).

One thing you can try is to reset the settings. As far as I can tell there's no easy way of doing it.

Press the windows button + R, and you will see a run box appear. Type in regedit.exe and hit enter. Nagivate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Red Thread Games/Dreamfall Chapters

There you will see a lot of options for the game. Mark them all and press delete on your keyboard. A warning message will appear, press yes. Afterwards only the default value will remain in the folder.

When you launch the game again it should have default settings for everything (Don't worry, this won't affect your saves).

Some other people might have some other suggestions, but this is what I can think of for right now. Morten / Team RTG may have to investigate. If this is the case, you may need to provide some logs for them, but let's try some of this trouble shooting first. 

• khh likes this

#29 EndlessJourney4

EndlessJourney4

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:37

I just downloaded the latest update from Humble. Whatever was causing the problem that I brought up in this thread appears to be solved. At least, I hope so. I still had a problem getting my gamepad to respond but when using the mouse it went smoothly.

Crossing fingers I can play the game for awhile bug free!

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#30 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 15 December 2014 - 15:19

Sounds like a rare issue you were having, and I'm not sure, but I have a suspicion it might have been because of some corrupt files or missing assets that weren't installed/downloaded correctly.

I'm thinking this because no functionality regarding interaction, clicking or mouse input have been updated since launch. It might be that the latest update fixed the files and made it work.

However, if this was the issue, it's pretty weird that you only had this issue in some specific places and were not seeing it all over the place.

Please do tell if you ever come into this problem again. :)

• EndlessJourney4 likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users